X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigchief
    • Mar 2010

Owners of SSP 600 and SSP800 in HT use

Okay so I know the in therory the SSP-800 is the superior product of the two, but what does the SSP-600 offer in the art of surround and HDMI? If price was an issue would buying a SSP-600 offer some advantages over using a Denon 4306, and what would be some of the advanatges or would it even be worh the swap and I should just hold out for theSSP-800?
    Thanks in advance
  • Blue-Eyes
    • Dec 2002

I recently switched from the SSP600 to a SSP800. Difference is big if you want to use HD audio.

If you stick to CD's and DVD's I should keep the money and by me a nice SSP600. Still the SSP800 sounds better with CD's and DVD's, but it isn't worth the double money you have to pay.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• Sharp 1080
      • Dec 2009

I primarily purchased the SSP-800 for 2 channel playback. It replaced an AR LS25 MKII. I was using a Denon 3808CI for playing back the new HD codecs. Saved every penny literally to buy the Classe. I can honestly say that the same movies that sounded good on the Denon now sound fantastic using the SSP-800. Nothing else in the system was changed prior to the upgrade! More detail and dead quiet background. If your goal is HD audio and HT I would save for the SSP-800.

Comment

• bigchief
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
        I recently switched from the SSP600 to a SSP800. Difference is big if you want to use HD audio.

If you stick to CD's and DVD's I should keep the money and by me a nice SSP600. Still the SSP800 sounds better with CD's and DVD's, but it isn't worth the double money you have to pay.
        Thank you, I was just wondering was it really worth the extra money.
        ALSO DOES THE SSP600 HAVE HDMI?

Comment

• bigchief
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Sharp 1080
          I primarily purchased the SSP-800 for 2 channel playback. It replaced an AR LS25 MKII. I was using a Denon 3808CI for playing back the new HD codecs. Saved every penny literally to buy the Classe. I can honestly say that the same movies that sounded good on the Denon now sound fantastic using the SSP-800. Nothing else in the system was changed prior to the upgrade! More detail and dead quiet background. If your goal is HD audio and HT I would save for the SSP-800.
          Not sure what the AR LS25 MKII is, but I do have the 4306 now, so I will go for the SSP-800, which I think may be really simiular to the 3808, so if you can see that much of a difference then that what i wanted to know...
          Thanks

Comment

• Armbender
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by bigchief
            Thank you, I was just wondering was it really worth the extra money.
            ALSO DOES THE SSP600 HAVE HDMI?
            no the 600 does not have HDMI
            Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

Just noticed a new SSP-800 review: Widescreen Review, Issue 147, March/April 2010.

http://www.classeaudio.com/reviews/...view_4-2010.pdf
              Hallo bigchief,

go read what mjb have posted... read the pdf file over SSP800.

I have too the SSP800 and is very amazing with the movies in bluray edition, with all the HD decoding....
              but SSP800 is a very great preampli in stereo too. from the cp700 and the SSP800 is a very personal taste to say this one or the other...

The CP500 is not at the level from the SSP800. this is sure.

of course you can intest your money in others "pure 2 channel premapli" - for only CD music but at the same product level the SSP800 is on the Top in the 2 channel too.

Classe self say that the difference beetwen the cp700 and SSP800 in only a personal taste.
              Style

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by style
                Hallo bigchief,
                Classe self say that the difference beetwen the cp700 and SSP800 in only a personal taste.
                Style
                I think that's marketeers talk.....

Comment

• mjb
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Yeah, the CP-700 is a different beast: the ultimate ANALOG pre-amp. The SSP-800 is the ultimate DIGITAL pre-amp, albeit with a couple of very high quality analog inputs.
                  - Mike

Main System:
                  B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                  Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

Mike you can German:

Hallo Omar,
                    Der SSP800 ist ein hervorragender 2-Kanal Vorverstärker und ist besser als der CP500. Beim CP700 sind die Unterschide wirklich sehr gering. Es gibt Hörer, die den SSP800 auch besser finden als den CP700, da der SSP800 offener klingt.
                    Grüsse,
                    F.F
                    B&W Group (Schweiz) GmbH
                    This is the ultimate response received.
                    make a translate!

of course are 2 differente gears!! 1 is a processor the other is a preampli fur Pure 2 channel!!!

Style

Comment

• mjb
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

:e :t
                      - Mike

Main System:
                      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

• mjb
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Interesting, and that directly from Classe/B&W.
                        Translated:

The SSP-800 is a superb 2 channel pre-amp and is better than the CP500. Compared with the CP700, the differences are really very small. There are listeners who find the SSP-800 better than the CP-700, as the SSP800 sounds more open.
                        Greetings,
                        F.F
                        B&W Group (Switzerland) GmbH
                        - Mike

Main System:
                        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

• style
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Feb 2006

Hi Mike ,

this man from Classse is my freind and he can say no the cp700 is better buy the cp700 too!!!

but is a very "getnleman" and dont say me word only the sell your products.

style

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                            • Dec 2002

Believe only your own ears insteath of other people opinions

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"