X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

Classe SSP-600 Hook-up questions

Well, I just put a DP on a new SSP-600....Very excited to get this unit. Definately been my dream to own one since I started into HT

Questions
    What should give me the best quality out of the 600 for hook-up..

- Apple TV via Analog (still utilizing subwoofer) or via Toslink.
    - Should I invest in Balanced cables from my Emotiva XPA-5 or keep the SilverCats I have now.
    - Of course run my Oppo BDP-83 Multi ch. however would I need to add the subwoofer boost on the 600. I didnt need to for my 1056 but I have heard other processors needed to.

I think thats it for now...anything else you could suggest based on the equipment in my sig would be greatly appreciated...
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords
  • mclsound
    • Mar 2010

I had the 600 and used all balanced out to amps,a Raysonic CD-128 balanced ins and a Marantz DV-9600 in 7.1 analog inputs.This was a excellent sound and from your setup,your amp may be the weakest link...but I have never heard one only read about it,no offense.
    The important part is that the source and pre/pro be of good sound quality for starters,and other than a Oppo 83SE you have a great start.It does have its own mic for room setup,so have fun and enjoy.

Comment

• Armbender
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by mclsound
      I had the 600 and used all balanced out to amps,a Raysonic CD-128 balanced ins and a Marantz DV-9600 in 7.1 analog inputs.This was a excellent sound and from your setup,your amp may be the weakest link...but I have never heard one only read about it,no offense.
      The important part is that the source and pre/pro be of good sound quality for starters,and other than a Oppo 83SE you have a great start.It does have its own mic for room setup,so have fun and enjoy.
      thank you so much..yeah after I upgrade my speakers to HTM1 this year and N802 next year, I will be getting a Pass Labs X250 to add to the Emotiva...
      Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• Armbender
        • Jul 2005

any other comments...

is the 600's balanced outs for the amps sonically better than analog...or is this another area of perception...

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

I'm assuming you meant the RCA outputs when you said analog since the balanced outputs are analog as well.

As for performance between the two, the balanced outputs do sound better if the amp as a true balanced input. Some amplifiers just have an XLR input but the input stage is not a balanced design. If that is the case there would be very little, if any, difference between the two outputs.

You also asked about hooking up your Apple TV in the first post. I's use the Toslink for sure. The analog stage in the Apple TV is not very good and the DACs coupled with the analog stage in the SSP-600 are much better.

Eric

Comment

• Armbender
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
            I'm assuming you meant the RCA outputs when you said analog since the balanced outputs are analog as well.

As for performance between the two, the balanced outputs do sound better if the amp as a true balanced input. Some amplifiers just have an XLR input but the input stage is not a balanced design. If that is the case there would be very little, if any, difference between the two outputs.

You also asked about hooking up your Apple TV in the first post. I's use the Toslink for sure. The analog stage in the Apple TV is not very good and the DACs coupled with the analog stage in the SSP-600 are much better.

Eric
            excellent...you sir, have answered my questions...

Comment

• Armbender
              • Jul 2005

600 almost here...got some balanced cables from amp to 600...and based on consensus...im gonna run coaxil from oppo-bdp-83 to 600...

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"