X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigchief
    • Mar 2010

CDP-300 and Blu Ray

I was curious to know what anyone was doing that has the CDP-300 which is an awesome cd player, but what do you do about blu ray. And is it really worth it to pay 4000 for a CD player that does not play Blu Ray movies. Also is there players that play both?
    Last edited by bigchief; 18 March 2010, 21:46 Thursday.
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by bigchief
    I was curious to know what anyone was doing that has the CDP-300 which is an awesome cd player, but what do you do about blu ray. And is ti really worht it to pay 4000 for a CD player that does not play Blu Ray movies. Also is there players that play both?
    Not for me thanks :B
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Originally posted by bigchief
      Also is there players that play both?
      Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, OPPO Digital designs and markets high quality digital electronics that deliver style, performance, innovation, and value to A/V enthusiasts and savvy consumers alike. The company's attention to core product performance and strong customer focus distinguishes it from traditional consumer-electronics brands.

And if the sound quality of the OPPO isn't quite good enough for you and your money is burning a hole in your pocket then you could buy one of these to connect to the OPPO...

Nigel.

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hi,

the Oppo is sure a good product but is not the only bluray player available!!!

Only in Usa is soooo much ""the best player available / the only one!!!

the Berkeley is a great dac... but $. 6500.- 8O
        no thanks.

Style

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by bigburner
          http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83SE/

And if the sound quality of the OPPO isn't quite good enough for you and your money is burning a hole in your pocket then you could buy one of these to connect to the OPPO...http://www.berkeleyaudiodesign.com/products.html Nigel.
          yes the Oppo is outstanding the PS3 is still close second thank you to cell technology plus if you use HDMi then your SSP-800 takes care of DAC
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• bigchief
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by bigburner
            http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83SE/

And if the sound quality of the OPPO isn't quite good enough for you and your money is burning a hole in your pocket then you could buy one of these to connect to the OPPO...

Nigel.
            \
            Thanks for the response' I was wondering if someone bought the CDP 300 what they did for Blu Ray. I don't have the money nor the intention on spending 4K for a CD/DVD player, I would not spend 2K to be honest. Just wondering about the people that owned that CDP 300 piece what they did for blu ray movies. Never herd of the OPPO, but if it plays Blu ray,reg DVD/CD, then that an swesome piece. I would consider that to go with a SSP 800, I just need to find a used one first..

Comment

• wxmanunr
              • Dec 2008

Classe Transport

Wouldn't be nice if Classe made a bare bones CD transport with HDMI out? Concentrate on getting all the bits correctly out of the disc and into the cable. Go with a 1/2U size with the nice curved front. Sell it for $1k. Or even $1.5k.

wxmanunr

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

Originally posted by wxmanunr
                Wouldn't be nice if Classe made a bare bones CD transport with HDMI out? Concentrate on getting all the bits correctly out of the disc and into the cable. Go with a 1/2U size with the nice curved front. Sell it for $1k. Or even $1.5k.

wxmanunr
                will never happen

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

never that's right...

this "great" Oppo Nuforce is priced "only" more as $. 2300.- 8O (EU price)

The Oppo can give you the half from a Pioneer LKX09 (91 in Europa)or a denon 3800 or 4010....

the Oppo is really ops: overpriced ops: in Usa too!! is a simply transporter all the job is made from the SSP800.....

sure for 500$. can I buy it .....foor my Bedroom.

Comment

• stuofsci02
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Nov 2009

I have found the OPPO BDP-83SE to be a great little universal player. It is not going to be the best CD player out there, but for $899 I don't think you can do a lot better until you get into big money..
                    Main System:
                    B&W 801D
                    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                    Oppo BDP-105
                    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                    B&W CM7
                    Emotiva UMC-1
                    Emotiva UPA-2
                    Oppo BDP-83SE
                    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• bigchief
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by style
                      never that's right...

this "great" Oppo Nuforce is priced "only" more as $. 2300.- 8O (EU price)

The Oppo can give you the half from a Pioneer LKX09 (91 in Europa)or a denon 3800 or 4010....

the Oppo is really ops: overpriced ops: in Usa too!! is a simply transporter all the job is made from the SSP800.....

sure for 500$. can I buy it .....foor my Bedroom.
                      Okay so for clarity, are we saying you don't need the oppo if using an ssp-800 because the ssp-800 will do everything i need to it to do with a regular DVD or Blu ray player

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by stuofsci02
                        I have found the OPPO BDP-83SE to be a great little universal player. It is not going to be the best CD player out there, but for $899 I don't think you can do a lot better until you get into big money..
                        Or you can get the lexicon universal player (Oppo in disguise)

The SSP-800 make all source sound fantastic especially when used as transport

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                          • Dec 2002

I'll keep my CDP300 as a dedicated CD player and purchase a good BD player for playing DVD's and BD's.

I heard several BD players, but none came close.
                          I own a SSP600, so analog, no SSP800 with digital connection.
                          ------------------------------------------------------
                          Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• weijst
                            • Jun 2004

I use the Oppo BDP-83SE for Blu-ray (and SACD / DVD-A). It is connected with my SSP-300 using the multi-ch inputs.

If you're planning on using the DACs in the SSP-800 (recommended) by making the connection using HDMI only, the 'standard' BDP-83 will suit your needs as the video sections of the BDP-83 and the BDP-83SE (and the Nuforce edition for that matter) are exactly the same, i.e. the ABT2010. This award-winning chipset by Anchor Bay is currently one of the best video processing chips found only in players that cost more than twice the price of the Oppo (e.g. Marantz UD8004, Denon DBP-4010).

Perhaps like you I hadn't heard of Oppo before. Although it's a pitty the BDP-83SE looks don't match the rest of my system, I'm still content I took the plunge, as the sound and image are nothing short of :T
                            Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by weijst
                              I use the Oppo BDP-83SE for Blu-ray (and SACD / DVD-A). It is connected with my SSP-300 using the multi-ch inputs.
                              Then it is worth it but if you use HDMi then the regular brand at half the price will suffice

Comment

• weijst
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by wettou
                                Then it is worth it but if you use HDMi then the regular brand at half the price will suffice
                                Regular brand as in "the standard Oppo BDP-83"? If you're refering to other, less expensive brands you'll be missing out on the ABT2010 chipset from Anchor Bay. As far as I know the standard BDP-83 is the least expensive unit out there that features this chipset.
                                Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• wettou
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by weijst
                                  Regular brand as in "the standard Oppo BDP-83"?
                                  Yes, that is what I mean

Comment

• style
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Feb 2006

Hy,

I dont know if this Oppo is "all and only gold"....sure at the price offert in Usa is a good choice but in Europa from a Denon 4010 and a Oppo 83se I buy a 4010 ops:

This is my choice.

Style

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"