X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wxmanunr
    • Dec 2008

Coax Digital Loses Sync

Hello, I recently upgraded to dual-DSP/new firmware. I have a CDP-10 feeding the SSP-800.

It loses sync once in a while. I had this happen a couple of times before the dual-DSP upgrade. The analog outs of the CDP-10 don't skip.

Could my coax cable be going bad? It is a "cheap" Transparent cable.

Thanks for any suggestions.

wxmanunr
  • Srrndhound
    • Sep 2008

Are you getting glitches/dropouts?

Comment

• wxmanunr
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Srrndhound
      Are you getting glitches/dropouts?
      It is hard to explain. It doesn't sound like a CD skipping - I know that sound. It drops out, but without the fast forward sound. There is a tiny click at the beginning and end of the dropout.

wxmanunr

Comment

• Srrndhound
        • Sep 2008

Time for process of elimination. Do you have any other playback units with S/PDIF inputs? A DAC, AV receiver, headphone amp? See if the gitches happen there.

Comment

• wxmanunr
          • Dec 2008

Time for process of elimination. Do you have any other playback units with S/PDIF inputs? A DAC, AV receiver, headphone amp? See if the gitches happen there.
          Yes, I have another CD source I can try with S/PDIF outs. Will try that.

wxmanunr

Comment

• wxmanunr
            • Dec 2008

Well, after a bunch of experimentation, I do not believe the CDP-10 analog output is the issue. I can't hear any skips with the analog out. Only when I use the S/PDIF out. My Oppo BDP-83 via HDMI doesn't have any issues.

I think I will have to try a new coax cable with/without my CAL CL-20 from upstairs.

wxmanunr

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"