X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • begood
    • Oct 2005

SSP-300 autocalibration does not finish

I know most people have the SSP-800 at this point, but hoping someone may have had this issue before with the SSP600 or 300. I just purchased some new speakers (ML) for my system so I need to recalibrate. Whenever I start auto calibration, it starts for a few cycles on the left channel and then it just stops. I rebooted the SSP as well as change the battery in the mic. Any ideals as to what is causing this problem. I hope the SSP is not faulty as the warranty just expired last week
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my SSP-300. For the 'distance' section that is. The autocalibration feature seems to be working fine when setting the volume levels (then the signal does travel from front left to surround left).

The software version is 1.5.3. and I already performed a 'factory reset'.

Any help or feedback is much appreciated.
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• begood
      • Oct 2005

I ended up talking to tech support and it seems that I need a new mic. I should get the mic in a few weeks. Hopefully, this will resolve the problem.

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by begood
        I know most people have the SSP-800 at this point, but hoping someone may have had this issue before with the SSP600 or 300. I just purchased some new speakers (ML) for my system so I need to recalibrate. Whenever I start auto calibration, it starts for a few cycles on the left channel and then it just stops. I rebooted the SSP as well as change the battery in the mic. Any ideals as to what is causing this problem. I hope the SSP is not faulty as the warranty just expired last week
        SSP-300 had auto-calibration? 8O
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• begood
          • Oct 2005

Yes, SSP-600 and 300 both offered auto configuration for levels and distance

Comment

• begood
            • Oct 2005

I received a new mic from Classe, but it did not resolve the issue. The auto configuration would stop after a few seconds. I did some additional digging around and discovered the problem is caused by the display timeout. For some reason, the display timeout was causing the auto config cycle to stop. After I set the display timeout to never, the auto configuration executed as expected. I guess this is a software bug. I will pass this info to Classe. Perhaps they will release a fix

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"