X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drallan
    • Mar 2009

Proble with DSP board update on SSP-800

New DAE-7103 board arrived today. Board, ac wire install and software update was fine. On final boot up, blank screen and endless flashing blue light. Paperwork says more than 30 minutes, but this has been 2 hours. Tried reinstalling software. Nope. Any ideas?
  • drallan
    • Mar 2009

Disregard. All is well. I re-downloaded 2.0.1, tried again and success. Boy, I was obsessing. Coulda fried an egg on my bald head.

Comment

• Srrndhound
      • Sep 2008

Whew! Enjoy.

Comment

• wxmanunr
        • Dec 2008

DSP Install

Whew, sounds like a lot of fun.

Sounds like you installed your board. I put together my own computers. Can I easily handle the dual DSP install? Mainly the power thingy?

Thanks.

wxmanunr

Comment

• garak
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by wxmanunr
          Whew, sounds like a lot of fun.

Sounds like you installed your board. I put together my own computers. Can I easily handle the dual DSP install? Mainly the power thingy?

Thanks.

wxmanunr
          If you put together your own computers, you can easily install the dual DSP board. It's no harder than changing a video card.

Changing the power chord is the trickiest part, only because you can't reach it with your fingers. I used a pair of needle nose pliers, and it was fairly simple to remove.

Comment

• drallan
            • Mar 2009

Couple of things to pay attention to. The first is when you seat the new board, it will require some gentle downward pressure in order to seat the pins properly. Even though the board flexes, don't put pressure on one point or press too hard. Spread pressure along the width of the pins without pressing on the solder joints. I'm not sure if the board would crack but the flex kinda freaked me out. The second is to pay attention to the blue/brown wire positions in the cable as it could be easy to get them crossed, the end result of which could be ugly. This is all just paranoid supposition but I thought it may be helpful to those as paranoid as me. Oh yea, don't put the screws in your mouth for safekeeping. I swallowed one. Kidding.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"