Classe SSP-800 Sacd and DVD-A Over HDMI?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

Classe SSP-800 Sacd and DVD-A Over HDMI?

Hi there.. I have problems to play sacd via HDMI. I have Pioneer AV-600 DVD Player and when i set the things on LPCM 5.1 or DSD and connect on Denon 3808, i got multichannel in on display and have SACD Decoding in the DVD Drive and no problems at all (i have multichannel sound).

When i try the same on Classe SSP-800, no sound. It's fine in Stereo. When i check the signal on status i got information that is PCM 88k (there is message that there is no signal), but no sound at all..

So it possible to play Sacd or DVD-A over HDMI on Classe SSP800 or i have to do this only via analog inputs (which mean 6 more cables).

Greetings

Darko
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by specialized
    Hi there.. I have problems to play sacd via HDMI. I have Pioneer AV-600 DVD Player and when i set the things on LPCM 5.1 or DSD and connect on Denon 3808, i got multichannel in on display and have SACD Decoding in the DVD Drive and no problems at all (i have multichannel sound).

When i try the same on Classe SSP-800, no sound. It's fine in Stereo. When i check the signal on status i got information that is PCM 88k (there is message that there is no signal), but no sound at all..

So it possible to play Sacd or DVD-A over HDMI on Classe SSP800 or i have to do this only via analog inputs (which mean 6 more cables).

Greetings

Darko
    I have no problem with Oppo BDP-83, the Classe does not accept DSD
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Srrndhound
      • Sep 2008

Per the manual, you must set the HDMI audio output of the DV-600AV-K to "5.1 LPCM" mode. If you are seeing DSD play in the Denon, it may be set for "Auto (DSD)."

Comment

• specialized
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Srrndhound
        Per the manual, you must set the HDMI audio output of the DV-600AV-K to "5.1 LPCM" mode. If you are seeing DSD play in the Denon, it may be set for "Auto (DSD)."

I allready tried.. On Classe Status Info window i see that the signal is going (Multi channel PCM 88K), but no sound at all. When i put stereo cd there is sound coming up.

Darko

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

power off and on from the back of the ssp and see if that helps...
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Srrndhound
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by specialized
            I allready tried.. On Classe Status Info window i see that the signal is going (Multi channel PCM 88K), but no sound at all. When i put stereo cd there is sound coming up.
            Not that it should matter, wondering what version of code the SSP is running.

Comment

• specialized
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Srrndhound
              Not that it should matter, wondering what version of code the SSP is running.

2.01 Dual DSP

Darko

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"