12.00%
    Green
    4.00%
    Silver
    4.00%

The poll is expired.

• Srrndhound
    • Sep 2008

Red. It matches my walls. On top of that, it's got a higher visual contrast between selected features "greyed" and a newly selected option "green" so it's less confusing.

Comment

• JoseS
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Srrndhound
      Red. It matches my walls. On top of that, it's got a higher visual contrast between selected features "greyed" and a newly selected option "green" so it's less confusing.
      Same reason I choose red, though I'm slowly getting used to blue. A golden shade would be perfect .

Comment

• duketbrd88
        • Jul 2009

blue, but i have it black out shortly after that because it is distracting. Pretty cool that we have the options, i like all the colors.

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Blue, played with them all, but always come back to blue. I think they could offer some more display colors/options/themes/backgrounds, but I'd probably still end up with blue!
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Classe4me
            • Dec 2007

True Blue!

Even though it's somewhat unique to have the option to change the color, and even festive to use one green, and one red during the Chistmas Holiday if you run a Classe source player and an SSP. The problem is, you are still bound by the Classe powers from within, to have all of your LED status indicator lights in that cool signature blue. Don't get me wrong, I think the blue is a fine looking color, and it is much nicer and more accurate shade of blue, than the red and the green. I suppose it could be my eyes, but the red and green seem to be a bit washed out, and the gray is just downright boring!

I guess where I'm a little baffled is why they don't allow the status indicators to change color as well. On the amps, I know that there are red, the blue, and a magenta color when you go into the CAN-Bus and check the status of the amp. I am not all that well versed on LEDs, but think that they will emit different colors depending on current and a few other variables. I am wondering if the channel status indicators have both red and blue LEDs, and the magenta could be created by the blue and the red being powered up at the same time?

It's obvious I am bored, otherwise I don't know how on earth I could have had so much to say about the darned colors on our Classe equipment. If there are any LED experts out there that understand the technology better than I do, I would be interested in knowing if we have different colored LEDs in our amps, or if each on of them have the ability to change color? There's no telling what I might learn before this thread winds down??

Comment

• Srrndhound
              • Sep 2008

On the SSP-800, there's no blue LEDs visible when the screen is turned on. No clash at all there. I find the red screen looks best at the dimmest setting. Gets a richer tone.

Comment

• Classe4me
                • Dec 2007

On the SSP-800, there's no blue LEDs visible when the screen is turned on. No clash at all there. I find the red screen looks best at the dimmest setting. Gets a richer tone.
                Hey, you learn something new everyday. I knew I'd learn something! For the past 2 1/2 years I have always allowed my display to stay on. In the past few weeks for reasons I can't explain, I decided to start letting the screen time out. After reading your post, I looked up and saw my little dim blue LED glowing at it's lowest level. I noticed when I touched the screen the LED went out as you indicated.

I'm curious to know if you have other Classe components in the same vicinity? I have 3 pieces stacked on a Classe rack, amp on bottom, SSP, and then CDP top. What is strange is if I am not using the CDP, the status indicator is on full brightness. I would think that would be something that Classe could address on a firmware update so that you don't have the different status indicators glowing at a different brightness.

I am assuming that you have your processor timeout set to either 3 hours or never? Also, since red was your choice on your screen, I am curious to know if you have other components that have any red lighting, other colored lighting, or if everything goes dark?

Comment

• Srrndhound
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Classe4me
                  I'm curious to know if you have other Classe components in the same vicinity?
                  Nope. The Classe amps are up front, and older models--no blue LEDs back then. Can see them in my theater thread here.
                  I am assuming that you have your processor timeout set to either 3 hours or never? Also, since red was your choice on your screen, I am curious to know if you have other components that have any red lighting, other colored lighting, or if everything goes dark?
                  I use the red screen as it matches the wall color ncely.

I leave the screen with no timeout except when the video is turned on. Then the room needs to be dark and I set it to 3 sec. The little blu LED is not a problem. What bothers me more is when the disc navigates to a different track the display pops on. Distracting!

I would also prefer that the remote's Display button added a 4th step, Off, so it would be easier to kill the display than using the timeout menu.

Comment

• JoseS
                    • Nov 2009

I would also prefer that the remote's Display button added a 4th step, Off, so it would be easier to kill the display than using the timeout menu.
                    I asked Classe about this exact thing a while back and sadly, there are no plans to add "OFF". Would've been a lot easier than going into the sub-menu all the time...oh well. Really, I know I'm nitpicking, but these are the simple things that would make an already excellent SSP perfect. 99.9% of pre/pro/receivers have the "OFF" option.

Comment

• SwainDtV
                      • Sep 2008

I leave the screen with no timeout except when the video is turned on. Then the room needs to be dark and I set it to 3 sec. The little blu LED is not a problem. What bothers me more is when the disc navigates to a different track the display pops on. Distracting!

My thoughts too. When I listen to CD's most of them trigger the display to pop on when going to the next track. However this only happens with digital connections. If I use the analog connections the display stays off when changing tracks.

Setting the display to off has my vote too.

Comment

• mjb
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

The only problem with letting the display sleep, is the blue LED comes on and the unit looks exactly as it does in standby (although the LED is somewhat dimmer).

I agree there should be a 4th "off" step for the display brightness, but I'd also like to see an indication that the device is not in standby when the display is off. For example, the blue LED could be programmed to alternate between the bright and dim setting slowly, like a heart beat, indicating the device is alive and not in standby when the display is off.
                        - Mike

Main System:
                        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by mjb
                          For example, the blue LED could be programmed to alternate between the bright and dim setting slowly, like a heart beat, indicating the device is alive and not in standby when the display is off.
                          I like that let's make sure it doesn't have arrhythmia :B
                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• SwainDtV
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mjb
                            For example, the blue LED could be programmed to alternate between the bright and dim setting slowly, like a heart beat, indicating the device is alive and not in standby when the display is off.
                            Personally I don't like pulsing light. I a dark room with a white ceiling, even a moderate puls is very noticeable. Especially in dark scenes.

I would prefer to see a colored dot on the dimmed display. No pulsing or an animated screen saver. Just a plain visible dot.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"