X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

CA-2200 bias

Hi

Does anyone have any experiences with having their CA2200 sent in for a bias adjustment?
    Reason I ask is that the one I have purchased some time ago seems to sound a bit leaner that the loaner unit I had at my house for a couple of weeks.
    Have always suspected that this was due to the unit needed to be burned in - but after several hundred hours I am now starting to think that there may be something that needs to be adjusted.
    Another way to put it is that I rarely get a reading over 40 degree's Celcius even when playing very loud - and I have all the Classe in a cabinet so that does seem a bit cool to me.
    Also the preamp (CP500) seems to feel warmer than the CA2200.

Anybody care to give their CA2200 a temperature reading and let me know? Or if you have experienced that your unit needed to be adjusted at your service center..

Thx
  • duketbrd88
    • Jul 2009

Hi, mine name is mike and i have been reading on this forum for a couple of years. You guys all have great equipment and i am very pleased there is a forum with such great knowledge that i can refer to. This is my first post so i just wanted to say hello. my ca2200 runs my b&w 804s speakers and is in a cbinet with about 4"'s above the amp and the back of the cabinet is open, but it does have doors on the front. The amp runs pretty cool. i have the can bus hooked up with my cp500 preamp. When i check the temp, heatsink 1 is always a few degrees cooler then heatsink 2 by about 3 to 4 degrees and i can feel the difference by just putting my hand on the amp. I am not to concerned, doesn't seem to affect anything. My cp500 is always right around 37degrees and the amp heatsinks are about 43 and 46 degrees on the ca2200 (heatsink 1&2). when i crank it up for a little it gets around 53 degrees, but that is really cranking it up for about 30 minutes straight. I did always think it was odd that heatsink 2 is always warmer then heatsink 1, but classe told me i should not worry about it. I think your amp should really warm up if you crank it, 40 degrees does sound a little cool, so your saying the temp never rises no matter what. What if you touch the top of the amp with your hand, can you tell a tempature chage? It should get warmer the higher you crank it. Hope this helps a lttle. Does anyone else have different readings on there haetsinks like i do?

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

Playing music for an extended period does not make it significantly warmer. In fact my CP500 is still warmer.
      Anyway - sounds like I need a bias adjustment. Hate that as it will take a couple of weeks to get it done..
      But thx..

Comment

• duketbrd88
        • Jul 2009

Sounds like it is working fine, just not reading correctly. I feel like mine should be fixed also, but i don't want wait either. Did you call classe and ask them about it. They are pretty easy to talk to and if you get there voice mail, leave your number they will call you back within 24houre.

Comment

• AV-OCD
          • Aug 2008

My CA-5100 runs about 43 degrees at low volume and as high as 50 degrees when being pushed. Mine is at the top of a fan cooled AV cabinet.

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by AV-OCD
            My CA-5100 runs about 43 degrees at low volume and as high as 50 degrees when being pushed. Mine is at the top of a fan cooled AV cabinet.
            My CA-5200 never gets above 45C even after playing for 12 hours strait, my cabinet is fully open in the front and back, I removed the frosted glass and have 6 inches of clearance on top and three inches on both sides How hot is your SSP-800?

In addition to the sound, I love the Classé design. I wish they would make a deal with Oppo and enclose the Oppo BDP-83 into Classé DVD chassis so it would look really sweet.
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

Hy,

the CA5200 is different vs. the CA5100.
              in the 5200 you can find 5 x units in the 51 iI think 3.

whit the ca5200 is "normal" the the units in the center go more hot vs. the unit place totally at the left&right parts.
              (like a sandwich!. chees is the center is more hot!)

with my CA52 after 3-5h. with have the "right" 46-48° (and Classe say me that is very normal! - channel pro channel the temperatur is always from 47 to 50° after a long time work...(the old CA200 and similar having a 70° at fully range!!!
              if your push simply "status" I have a 230-232Volt, and the temperatur is always not more at 50° (the CA52 calculates an average for the display temperatur)

the SSP at the first time was more hot. With the time is always minus
              over time the temperature has become lower.

when it was new even in stand-by was too hot (in my opinion)

now the combo is more "stable" and when the parties is normally cold and warms up to 50 °. Here the sound is better than 25 ° :W

Style

Comment

• jamesdaman
                • Apr 2008

god i wish i could afford classe stuff im so jealous lol maybe once i join up ill be able to afford it. Not that i will have the time to listen much when im in the army haha

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"