X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofiel10
    • Nov 2009

Remote?

Don't you all think that Classe remote control is heavy and bulky? It seems more like something one could use to defend against burglars...
    Last edited by audiofiel10; 31 December 2009, 11:41 Thursday.
  • audiofiel10
    • Nov 2009

Oh..and happy countdown...hope 2010 will be a great classe and B&W year!
    Last edited by audiofiel10; 31 December 2009, 11:41 Thursday.

Comment

• wywong
      • Jan 2005

Remote

Is anybody out there know about an universal remote that can support the Class ssp-300. I also encounter a problem in my classe remote in which it just hang and wont do anything. I have to power recycle the ssp300 to fix it. Anyone have simila issue?

Comment

• wxmanunr
        • Dec 2008

Not Heavy Enough

I like the old style Classe remotes, where they were carved out of a solid block of aluminum. The SSP-800 remote is light.

wxmanunr

Originally posted by audiofiel10
        Don't you all think that Classe remote control is heavy and bulky? It seems more like something one could use to defend against burglars...

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Anyone have a black one? Is it a new color option or to designate the processor remote?
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• JoseS
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by mjb
            Anyone have a black one? Is it a new color option or to designate the processor remote?
            My remote is blk.

I actually like the SSP800 remote. It's nicely built and very responsive but I have a universal remote so it goes in the drawer .

Comment

• daniel-a
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by wywong
              Is anybody out there know about an universal remote that can support the Class ssp-300. I also encounter a problem in my classe remote in which it just hang and wont do anything. I have to power recycle the ssp300 to fix it. Anyone have simila issue?
              Logitech harmony remotes might be what you'Re looking for.

Comment

• Whacked!
                • Jun 2009

I've got an URC MX-850 that's got a few years on it but has been an awesome controller. Computer programable and learning too, lot's of macro capability. The configuration ability is pretty amazing. URC makes some pretty nice remotes if your looking outside of harmony.

Norm

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by daniel-a
                  Logitech harmony remotes might be what you'Re looking for.
                  Harmony one has been giving me trouble with the SSP-800!!! Help anyone it never switches to the right input :cry:
                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• aarsoe
                    • May 2004

Have someone tried connecting the Harmony wireless RF extender directly to a Classe unit and made it work? Thinking mini jack output on the extender to mini jack input on the unit (CD/PRE/Power)..

Comment

• weijst
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by wettou
                      Harmony one has been giving me trouble with the SSP-800!!! Help anyone it never switches to the right input :cry:
                      Your SSP uses a certain time to power up (display indicates 'initializing'), during which commands from your remote are not processed. Try including a delay between the 'power on' step and the 'select input step' (in my case with the SSP-300 this delay is no less than 35000 ms!)

A 2nd option could be to turn on your SSP using the 'inputx' command (x standing for 1, 2, 3... etc.). This option doesn't require you to select the input after powering up. I haven't tried this myself, but I think it should be possible with the harmony range.

Good luck!
                      Last edited by weijst; 08 May 2012, 12:19 Tuesday.
                      Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by weijst
                        Your SSP uses a certain time to power up (display indicates 'initializing'), during which commands from your remote are not processed. Try including a delay between the 'power on' step and the 'select input step' (in my case with the SSP-300 this delay is no less than 35000 ms!)

Good luck!
                        How do you do this?
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• mjb
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Mar 2005

I concur. I have the remotes F1 thru 4 keys programmed as input source selectors. Pressing one when the unit is off will power up and select the appropriate source. Perhaps you could program the Harmony to use these codes.

On a side note, I'd still like to know how/why some people have a black remote?
                          Originally posted by weijst
                          A 2nd option could be to turn on your SSP using the 'inputx' command (x standing for 1, 2, 3... etc.). This option doesn't require you to select the input after powering up. I haven't tried this myself, but I think it should be possible with the harmony range.
                          - Mike

Main System:
                          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• skuzzyb
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by wywong
                            I do not use the Classe Remote, I use a Philips pronto and it works flawlessly (after programming). Classe provides the file with all the remote codes for a pronto remote so all you have to do is add the commands you need to your macro after importing the file. Real simple to do and I have had no problems with it at all.

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by mjb
                              I concur. I have the remotes F1 thru 4 keys programmed as input source selectors. Pressing one when the unit is off will power up and select the appropriate source. Perhaps you could program the Harmony to use these codes.

How do you do this?

Comment

• weijst
                                • Jun 2004

testing...
                                Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• wettou
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by mjb
                                  Classé told me that now that is the only remote they ship with the SSP-800 the official color is Black.

I assume it is because they want to differentiate processor that were shipped with dual DSP, and also for economies of scale for the CT-800 series that are all black

Comment

• MikeyH
                                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                                    Classé told me that now that is the only remote they ship with the SSP-800 the official color is Black.

I assume it is because they want to differentiate processor that were shipped with dual DSP, and also for economies of scale for the CT-800 series that are all black
                                    My SSP-800 is dual DSP my remote is silver, which I rather have

Comment

• wettou
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • May 2006

Originally posted by MikeyH
                                      My remote is silver and my SSP-800 is dual DSP, which I rather have
                                      Hum, yes I wanted a silver one as well but apparently no more!

Comment

• Classe4me
                                        • Dec 2007

My first Classe purchase, the CDP-300 had an oval shaped remote that came with it. It was quite heavy, had small buttons that were hard to read. The next two pieces were the SSP-600 and CDP-502, and they are rounded on the bottom and totally flat on top, with considerably larger buttons, and are still quite heavy. Basically the ends look like the letter "D" if you have the buttons pointed to the left, where the earlier remotes looked like a perfect oval. I have actually had two CDP-300s and the second one had the newer "D" shaped remote. I also had an SSP-300 that I never used that I have no clue which remote it had??

As for universal remotes, I use a Harmony 1000 touchscreen that has two large dents where I have launched it when it's buggy software causes the volume to runaway to where you have to jump up out of your seat as quickly as possible and grab the volume knob on the pre-pro and spin it counterclockwise to keep from blowing a speaker, or a protective resistor, or whatever will blow first on your given speakers.

Supposedly the Harmony 1100, which basically looks like a black version of the 1000, which is brushed aluminum, has the bugs worked out and the volume won't runaway. You can read plenty of posts about it on Harmony's website.

The remote works fine on all of my components, including the SSP, is super easy to program just by connecting it to your computer with a USB cord, and going online to the Harmony website, finding your component in their huge database, clicking on some boxes and verifying. It does the setup for you. It looks great, but has it's psychotic episodes with the volume. Imagine being all laid back about midnight, half asleep, you have the volume down to keep from disturbing anybody else in the house, and you go to turn it up just a couple of dBs, and the next thing you know it starts blasting and you are watching it go from negatives to positive numbers and you have jumped out of your skin, and know that you have scared the heck out of everybody else in the house as well....next thing you know....WHAMMM.....that was the remote hitting the baseboard after you hurled it on the floor because you are so aggravated with it!

Can anybody post of picture of the black remote that now comes with the SSP-800? Is it black aluminum, or have they gone down the plastic trail with it?

As for my SSP coming to life after I power it up, I am going to guesstimate that it takes it about 20 seconds for it to initialize and to bring up all five channels on the CA-5200, which is being activated by the 12 volt trigger.

I do have my CAN-Bus in use, but before I hooked it up I used the 12 volt trigger, and left it hooked up. I am assuming it's still using the trigger instead of the CAN-Bus to power the amp up out of stand-by,but I am not certain of this.

Comment

• wettou
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Classe4me
                                          Can anybody post of picture of the black remote that now comes with the SSP-800? Is it black aluminum, or have they gone down the plastic trail with it?
                                          It is the same as the silver just black aluminum

Originally posted by Classe4me
                                          As for my SSP coming to life after I power it up, I am going to guesstimate that it takes it about 20 seconds for it to initialize and to bring up all five channels on the CA-5200, which is being activated by the 12 volt trigger.

I do have my CAN-Bus in use, but before I hooked it up I used the 12 volt trigger, and left it hooked up. I am assuming it's still using the trigger instead of the CAN-Bus to power the amp up out of stand-by,but I am not certain of this.
                                          Yes I have the same, I didn't know that the CAN-Bus allowed you to activate the amps?

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                            • Jul 2008

Yes I have the same, I didn't know that the CAN-Bus allowed you to activate the amps?[/QUOTE]

As one who has just done this...

Buy the appropriate size broadband network cable (s), put the funky orange-red connector (that should have been in your accessory pack) in the CAN bus OUT jack of the last component of the daisy-chain, run the network cable from the SSP-800 CAN bus OUT jack to the CAN bus IN of the next connector, etc. if you have more than one Delta series component connected to the SSP-800, then go to Status/More on the SSP-800 to activate the CAN bus menu and highlight those features you would like to use. If CAN bus is working properly you should see a list of all the connected components complete with serial numbers.

This will cost you under $10 for the convenience depending on the length and number of the network cables you require. As I recall, you have the CA-5200 and the SSP-800 in your system so you should required only 1 cable.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"