• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

having an issue w/ the configuration

Hi guys,

before I report this to Dave I wanted to find out if anyone was having a similar issue. I actually noticed it about 2 weeks ago but haven't done anything about it until now...

I had a family member over and was attempting to demo the system before we went to see avatar. I put in gladiator on bd (I know, there aren't a lot of fans of the transfer, but it still sounds great) and noticed that nothing was coming out of any of my speakers other than L/R. I checked the mode and it was set to DPLIIx. I went into the input to identify that the configuration was set correctly and what I found was that "No Default" was highlighted and my "Home Theater" (which is my 7.1 configuration) was effectively grayed out. I had to go in and manually select "Configuration 1" to bring the system alive.

This now seems to be the norm, as I am unable to go in and select "Home Theater" as my default configuration. All inputs appear to be this way, and I now have to enter into the menu everytime to ensure that Configuration 1 is selected. I'm surprised I didn't catch it earlier, but to be honest, having an infant and working on my MBA keeps me rather occupied these days.

so - anyone else having this issue? Even if you don't think you are, it might be best to enter into the settings and click your configuration to make sure you are getting what you expect.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • AV-OCD
    • Aug 2008

I only use a 5.1 config, but I have never run into this problem. I've watched half a dozen movies in the past week, and they were all showing the appropriate surround mode on the info screen.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

doing a power cycle from the back allowed me to set the configuration correctly.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• SwainDtV
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by sikoniko
        Hi guys,

before I report this to Dave I wanted to find out if anyone was having a similar issue. I actually noticed it about 2 weeks ago but haven't done anything about it until now...

I had a family member over and was attempting to demo the system before we went to see avatar. I put in gladiator on bd (I know, there aren't a lot of fans of the transfer, but it still sounds great) and noticed that nothing was coming out of any of my speakers other than L/R. I checked the mode and it was set to DPLIIx. I went into the input to identify that the configuration was set correctly and what I found was that "No Default" was highlighted and my "Home Theater" (which is my 7.1 configuration) was effectively grayed out. I had to go in and manually select "Configuration 1" to bring the system alive.

This now seems to be the norm, as I am unable to go in and select "Home Theater" as my default configuration. All inputs appear to be this way, and I now have to enter into the menu everytime to ensure that Configuration 1 is selected. I'm surprised I didn't catch it earlier, but to be honest, having an infant and working on my MBA keeps me rather occupied these days.

so - anyone else having this issue? Even if you don't think you are, it might be best to enter into the settings and click your configuration to make sure you are getting what you expect.
        I encountered a similar problem. I use function 1 and 2 to switch between stereo and DPLIIx and nothing was coming out of any of my speakers other than L/R too. I didn't bother to check what was causing this problem. I immediately cycled power and everything worked flawless after the 'reboot'.
        Still using firmware 1.0

Ab

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Today I had the same problem with the Apple TV! The software seems to need more bug fixes January 2010!!
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"