is classe too expensive for b &w 7 serries?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wasabichondro
    • Sep 2009

is classe too expensive for b &w 7 serries?

The RSX-1057 rotel receiver powering my 5 700 serries speakers was 22% of the price of my speakers.

I was wondering you thoughts. I was looking at going to a used classe amplifier, and realized spending more on my amp than all of my speakers combined did not seem like a good idea? or is it?
    Last edited by wasabichondro; 01 January 2010, 18:03 Friday.
  • AV-OCD
    • Aug 2008

I generally don't think so, but I have a few friends that swear that a quality amp makes a big difference. For me, amps are near the end of the list in importance, unless you are running out of power and causing the amp to clip.

If you like to listen loud or to very dynamic music without a sub, you might try one of Rotel's more powerful amps for your set-up.

Stepping up to a new prepro on the other hand, could provide a meaningful improvement, but it depends what you are after.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"