Rotel RSP-1068 "upgrade" to Classé SSP-25??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drol_htog
    • Oct 2009

Rotel RSP-1068 "upgrade" to Classé SSP-25??

First of all, let me say you Hi!! and thank you very much for your posts!! to all the nice people in this forum, were i had been a silent lurker for some time now. :T

As the title suggests, i'm wondering if it would be a good idea changing my old Rotel 1068 processor (which is matching a Classé CAV-500 amp) for an even older SSP-25, hoping to get a better sound for some time until i get the funds to buy my desired SSP-800.

Maybe someone who had listened to both of them could "htguide" me??
  • wxmanunr
    • Dec 2008

Replaced SSP-25 with SSP-800

The SSP-25 is an excellent preamp. I recently replaced my (which I still have to sell) SSP-25 with an SSP-800. Is the 800 better? Of course. Would you be happier with an SSP-25 over the Rotel? Not sure, as I've never listened to that particular Rotel preamp unit. I've have listened to older Rotel Receivers and there was no comparison - especially for music - the Classe easily bested them.

Lets put it this way, I was 150% happy with my SSP-25. The SSP-800 was bought for the new Blu-ray audio formats, and I knew I would get at least as good performance for music.

wxmanunr

Comment

• drol_htog
      • Oct 2009

Thank you so much for your answer wxmanunr!!

I would use it for movies/games and a lot of music, which is the main reason why i was wondering if it would be a nice and cheap sound upgrade.

Maybe do you know where can i get an online manual for it?? I can't find it and I don't see it on Classé website neither.

Comment

• wxmanunr
        • Dec 2008

Manual

I have the original manual, but don't know of an electronic version out there. You might just eMail Classe directly.

wxmanunr

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

You can find it here.

Eric

Comment

• drol_htog
            • Oct 2009

Great!! :T
            I had a hard time trying to find it. Thank you all for your help!!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"