X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

Software Updates from Classé

I am doing some research on a CDP-102 and come across a release note from Classé stating the following:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION READ BEFORE UPDATING
    - This codes contains 3 identified issues:
    - On CD audio playback the disc timing on the touchscreen display can intermittently
    lose sync. Audio quality and sonic performance is not affected
    - Track programming remains non-functional
    - MP3 playback can experience intermittent drop outs
    DO NOT UPDATE YOUR UNIT IF ANY THESE PERFORMANCES ARE UNACCEPTABLE
    CLASSE INTENDS TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES IN A FUTURE SOFTWARE RELEASE"

Now that is all well - except for the fact that this firmware release for the CDP-102 was dated 6/23/08..

Now my question is: is it common that Classé takes more than 15 months to fix known issues?? And there is still no fix.

Anybody with links to Classé who would like to comment on that? And can I expect the same issue if I spring for the SSP-800??
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

From what I understand, all of Classe's efforts have been getting the dual DSP board for the SSP-800, and the CT Series line up, launched so they may not have had the time to correct those issues. It's not typical of them to leave their customers hanging so they will get to it. Things like that may come quicker now that the SSP-800 upgrade is available. Just send them an e-mail and ask them if they have an ETA on those fixes.

Eric

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"