X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinylmeister
    • Sep 2009

Which CD to listen as first

Tomorrow I will get my CA-2200 and CP-500, now the big question: which CD to listen as the first
    Marantz SA-11S2 -> Cardas Golden Presence -> Classe CP-500 -> Cardas Quadlink -> CA-2200 -> Cardas Quadlink -> B&W 802d
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Mofi mix of Santana abraxas.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Diana Krall, a simply the best of...

björk Debut

and last go with chemicals brothers?!

:T

Style

Comment

• ChrisssB
        • Feb 2006

Lambchop "is a woman" (the daily growl, will give you goose bumps)

Norah Jones "come away with me" or "not too late"

Comment

• vinylmeister
          • Sep 2009

Gee, I didnt have time yesterday to monitor this forum. So the 2nd CD I listened to was "Santana III" 24-bit remaster - awesome!
          Marantz SA-11S2 -> Cardas Golden Presence -> Classe CP-500 -> Cardas Quadlink -> CA-2200 -> Cardas Quadlink -> B&W 802d

Comment

• vinylmeister
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by style
            Diana Krall, a simply the best of...

björk Debut

and last go with chemicals brothers?!

:T

Style
            Indeed Diana was the 3rd CD I put on the player

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by vinylmeister
              Gee, I didnt have time yesterday to monitor this forum. So the 2nd CD I listened to was "Santana III" 24-bit remaster - awesome!
              I'm kinda on the table about Santana III. My favorites are the first and second one.

Comment

• vinylmeister
                • Sep 2009

I and II also belong to my top rock favorites, but sound quality is lesser then the III remaster. Have i & II been remastered ?

Comment

• sikoniko
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

yes!

Comment

• vinylmeister
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by sikoniko
                    Thanks for the link and good to see that MOFI now also ships to Europe

Comment

• vinylmeister
                      • Sep 2009

Just finished listening Pink Floyd's The Wall, now Deep Purple's Live in Japan - Child in Time AaaaaaaHaaaaahaaahaaaa

Comment

• Srrndhound
                        • Sep 2008

It's 24k gold, but only 16-bit PCM (being a CD). I'm sure it sounds good, nonetheless.

Comment

• vinylmeister
                          • Sep 2009

Just ordered Santana, MOFI's shipping charges are over the top, 30$ to have it shipped to Switzerland, ouch.

Comment

• sikoniko
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Aug 2003

Just ordered Santana, MOFI's shipping charges are over the top, 30$ to have it shipped to Switzerland, ouch.
                            ... I have 3 versions now.. the normal one, the SACD and the MoFi. The prices are ridiculous, but well worth it. hope you got both I and Abraxas. The congos sound amazing on both!

Comment

• vinylmeister
                              • Sep 2009

Right now I listening to a re-issue CD of the Santana II and I am surprised by the background noise, nothing disturbing but very light sounding

Comment

• rabident
                                • Nov 2009

Delerium's Semantic Spaces album has well recorded ambient music. It makes the difference between 802's and 804's very pronounced.

Youtube - Delerium Flatlands

Youtube doesn't do it justice. I wish they made SACD or DVD-A, but they don't.

Comment

• KRC
                                  • Aug 2004

You need to listen to Holly Cole, "Don't smoke in bed" especially the first track with the chord change going into the seciond half of the track. You will truely appreciate you current hungry amp with the acoustic bass line that happens in that disc. "Jazz at the Pawn Shop" with the first 1.5 minutes where you hear the bar maid and tinkling glasses, on a really good system, the sound stage s so good you will look around to look at then bar maid.

kevin

Comment

• aarsoe
                                    • May 2004

Beethoven - koncert für Violine und Orchester D-dur op.61
                                    Anne-Sophie Mutter and Karajan - Deutsche Grammophon.. ADD recording from 1980

Or translated into "concert for violin and orchester d-dur opus 61" but guess most of you could have done that anyway.. :-)

Comment

• vinylmeister
                                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by KRC
                                      You need to listen to Holly Cole, "Don't smoke in bed" especially the first track with the chord change going into the seciond half of the track. You will truely appreciate you current hungry amp with the acoustic bass line that happens in that disc. "Jazz at the Pawn Shop" with the first 1.5 minutes where you hear the bar maid and tinkling glasses, on a really good system, the sound stage s so good you will look around to look at then bar maid.

kevin
                                      Thanks for the help, I have ordered the "Jazz at the Pawn Shop" and will let you know in a couple of weeks on the outcome

Comment

• vinylmeister
                                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by aarsoe
                                        Beethoven - koncert für Violine und Orchester D-dur op.61
                                        Anne-Sophie Mutter and Karajan - Deutsche Grammophon.. ADD recording from 1980

Or translated into "concert for violin and orchester d-dur opus 61" but guess most of you could have done that anyway.. :-)
                                        Sorry I am not into classical music at all, I got two CD's with classical music, Bolero and the 4 Seasions :-)

Comment

• wettou
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • May 2006

Sorry I am not into classical music at all, I got two CD's with classical music, Bolero and the 4 Seasions :-)
                                          Unfortunate, try this then

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• aarsoe
                                            • May 2004

Then I would argue, so much more reason for trying with piece of classical music that you don't know.. :W

Comment

• Thea-masta
                                              • Feb 2009

First i put in mine was a group of vocal geniuses - Bond.
                                              _________
                                              Jon. opcorn:

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Tomorrow I will get my CA-2200 and CP-500, now the big question: which CD to listen as the first
                                                Ok since you are not into Classical you should then definitely get this Sony spent a million dollars to remaster this baby.

Pink Floyd - ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ SACD

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/reviews/review.asp?reviewnumber=19939611

"It is however, in my judgment, the most important multi-channel disc ever made. I make that observation on the basis of its unassailable quality, and its existing status in popular music culture. There are a few works (though just a few) that can make similar claims as to the latter – ‘Sergeant Peppers…’, for example – but we’ve gotten no help from our friends with a 5.1 mix of that album, or any of the other Beatles album. The unfortunately real issue is to create enough popular interest in multi-channel formats that require some amount of investment from music lovers, or the multi-channel libraries simply cannot proliferate. In many respects, the successful metamorphosis of ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ is the best advancement to date of that goal."

An other good one is

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms 20th Anniversary (import)
                                                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• vinylmeister
                                                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by aarsoe
                                                  Then I would argue, so much more reason for trying with piece of classical music that you don't know.. :W
                                                  It's a matter of taste, classical music is not my piece of cake.

Comment

• vinylmeister
                                                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by wettou
                                                    Ok since you are not into Classical you should then definitely get this Sony spent a million dollars to remaster this baby.

"It is however, in my judgment, the most important multi-channel disc ever made. I make that observation on the basis of its unassailable quality, and its existing status in popular music culture. There are a few works (though just a few) that can make similar claims as to the latter – ‘Sergeant Peppers…’, for example – but we’ve gotten no help from our friends with a 5.1 mix of that album, or any of the other Beatles album. The unfortunately real issue is to create enough popular interest in multi-channel formats that require some amount of investment from music lovers, or the multi-channel libraries simply cannot proliferate. In many respects, the successful metamorphosis of ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ is the best advancement to date of that goal."

An other good one is

Indeed these two are on my wishlist already

Comment

• vinylmeister
                                                      • Sep 2009

Yesterday evening I listened to Esperanza Spalding, while she may not have an exceptional voice, Great music and high-quality recordings on headsup records.
                                                      Give it try if you like Jazz

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                        • May 2008

Originally posted by wettou

An other good one is

I have both of those...absolutely superb!
                                                        Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• vinylmeister
                                                          • Sep 2009

Yesterday I received and played the Jazz a the Pawn Shop SACD and indeed it was funny to see my wife looking backwards in the kitchen to see if there was somebody.

Comment

• KRC
                                                            • Aug 2004

Jazz at the Pawn shop was a disc I heard at a store in Ottawa which was played on Mark Levinson electronics/CD player and Thiel 5 (if I remember right) speakers. Hearing this disc and others is what drove me to hi end stereo. It was so real, so real that I looked around to listen to conversations, the barmaid and the cou[ple to the left talking at their table clinking glasses. This realism can be obtained on many different systems, where recently I listened to a 7.1 system using Classe amps/processor/DVD playing Band of Brothers and Ray Charles.... same reaction with realism. I know my comment is sort of out of line with the thread, but isn't listening to your stereo all about the realism of the experience.

Kevin

Comment

• style
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Feb 2006

Hi,

at first the Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms 20th Anniversary (import) : I have great (Sa)CD :T :T

after the

Pink Floyd - ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ SACD: I have too :T , is great but Dire Straits has a better record ffor me.

Style

Comment

Working...
                                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                              Search Result for "|||"