X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • myrman
    • Jul 2009

CA-2200 vs Halcro MC20

Hi everyone. I'm new here and UK based. I have both the CA-2200 and Halcro MC20 on my wishlist. Has anyone comared these two amps. Any opinions welcome.
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by myrman
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and UK based. I have both the CA-2200 and Halcro MC20 on my wishlist. Has anyone comared these two amps. Any opinions welcome.
    aren't halcro amps digital switching amps? I would guess different technology would be different outcomes. sorry I can't say directly.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Whacked!
      • Jun 2009

CA-2200 vs Halcro MC20

It has, unfortunately, been about 2 years since I heard these in the same session. They were hooked up to Sophia I's with a CP-500 and CDP-102. Both were very good, but different. The most significant difference that I remember was that I found the Halcro to present a much closer soundstage, vocals were especially more forward and seemed to eminate at the depth of the speakers, whereas the Classe moved the presentation to the depth of the sound room. Personally, I prefer the deeper soundstage.

Norm

Comment

• myrman
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Whacked!
        It has, unfortunately, been about 2 years since I heard these in the same session. They were hooked up to Sophia I's with a CP-500 and CDP-102. Both were very good, but different. The most significant difference that I remember was that I found the Halcro to present a much closer soundstage, vocals were especially more forward and seemed to eminate at the depth of the speakers, whereas the Classe moved the presentation to the depth of the sound room. Personally, I prefer the deeper soundstage.

Norm
        Thanks Norm. Thats exactly the sort of thing I need to know. I like a deep and wide soundstage.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"