X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • planitismetal
    • Dec 2008

Issues with CDP-202

My CDP-202 has problems reading some cd's...
    From my collection (~3000 cd's), until now, it cannot read only 5-6 cd's... When I insert the (official) disc, it makes a loud noise, and then : "please insert disc".
    I have communicate with my dealer, I will send him these discs, and he will also communicate with Classe.
    Has anyone any problems with the transport???
    THANKS
  • planitismetal
    • Dec 2008

Now I have serious problem!!! There are too many cd's that the CDP don't want to read... Any suggestion???

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

It sounds like the transport is failing or has failed. I would say it needs service. It sucks, but that is how it goes. How old is it? Is it still in warranty?

Eric

Comment

• planitismetal
        • Dec 2008

July 2008 I bought it...

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

I don't know if the warranty is any different in Greece (it's three years in the US on CD players) but at just over a year old, you should be OK. Have you talked to the dealer you purchased it from about getting it repaired?

Eric

Comment

• Shakespeare
            • Mar 2008

I have recently borrowed a cdp-202 to experience. When a disc is spinning in the player I can hear annoying clicking type noises over the music when the music is being played at very low volumes. Do you think the player is malfunctioning? Is the cdp-202 supposed to function silently?

Comment

• ASilva
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Shakespeare
              I have recently borrowed a cdp-202 to experience. When a disc is spinning in the player I can hear annoying clicking type noises over the music when the music is being played at very low volumes. Do you think the player is malfunctioning? Is the cdp-202 supposed to function silently?
              I have the CDP 102 and it makes the same annoying click noises, even when music is played loud. I think there is some thing to do with the transport being a DVD ROM type. It doesn't happen too often but still it's very annoying, in fact I'm kind of dissappointed with this situation, which I will check with my dealer in the comming days.

Comment

• Shakespeare
                • Mar 2008

Asilva, the clicking noise happens all the time with me. Do you think its operating correctly?

Comment

• planitismetal
                  • Dec 2008

Is not only this noise. Is that cd's that I used to play with CDP-202 now it cannot read them! And many others never being read...

Comment

• ASilva
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Shakespeare
                    Asilva, the clicking noise happens all the time with me. Do you think its operating correctly?
                    Hi Shakespeare!
                    In my case it doesn't happen hoften, and it happens randomly regardless which disc I play, like on one occasion I played a whole cd and I detected 6 or 7 clicks, but sometimes I listen to music 3 or 4 hours and not one click.

Difficult for me to say if it's operating correctly, but I expected that we wouldn't have this kind of problems with equipment on this price level and from a manufacturer with high reputation like Classé. Meantime I've read that some time in the past there was software related issues with Classé cd players.

I haven't had time to pay a visit to my dealer yet(been busy at work) but will do soon and let you know what he has to say about this.

Stay cool :T

Comment

• ASilva
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by planitismetal
                      Is not only this noise. Is that cd's that I used to play with CDP-202 now it cannot read them! And many others never being read...
                      Hi planitismetal!

In your case you should contact your dealer, because the problem seems serious and sure they will fix it. Hard to say if the problem is mechanical or software related.

Sorry, what exactly do you mean with? (QUOTE: And many others never being read... )

Reagards

Comment

• ASilva
                        • Apr 2009

Hello people!

I finally payed a visit to Classé's dealer and talked about the click noises on the cdp 102/202 and they told me that it's normal and that it normally happens with most high end cd players, the reason being that the player digs up a lot of information from the disc and if there are tiny mistakes done during recording or manufacture, the player will pick it up, this opinion was corroborated by two of the dealer's employees that both have cdp 102/202 in theirs systems and also by other hi-fi afficionados that I've discussed the issue with and they told me that this happens with other brands cd players too.

Meantime the guys at the dealer sayed that one should check on the info on the player's panel what's the firmware stated and check with Classé's site if there is a new update for it.

Best regards

ASilva

Comment

• RLRB
                          • Oct 2008

classe cdp 102 202 502 issues

Hi

I have a cdp 102 and when i am listening music i hear dropouts, 2 or three clicks per songs or 2 or 3 per disc in a good day.

mine had firm 1.1.0, but i have firm 1.0.7, 1.0.9 also.

i tried to install 1.0.7 and it works a lot better, the annoying clicks have almost dissapeared, now i can play a disc and hear 1 click

if you need these firm, please send me a email, it worths. i prefer not hearing clicks than a faster disc load

ah, i forget, 1.0.7. doesnt have bus can operation

if anyone has 1.0.6 please email me, with this firm even you can play protected cd.

Comment

• planitismetal
                            • Dec 2008

I send the player to my dealer, he communicated with Classe directly, and they are sending a new transport...There was a big problem with the transport, so they had to change it!!

THANKS EVERYBODY HERE...!!!

Comment

• RLRB
                              • Oct 2008

cdp 102, 202, etc

Hi Planitis

mine was sent to the dealer, the tech told me the transport was bad and he replaced it

from the first day with new transport i can hear the dropout/clicks.

sorry to say this

the only thing that i want to know is: a day it works perfectly (1 disc 1 click) and others........
                              perhaps is due to something related with current electricity???¿¿??? has anyone check with a ps audio or similar, i mean 220v exactly

Comment

• planitismetal
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RLRB
                                Hi Planitis

mine was sent to the dealer, the tech told me the transport was bad and he replaced it

from the first day with new transport i can hear the dropout/clicks.

sorry to say this

the only thing that i want to know is: a day it works perfectly (1 disc 1 click) and others........
                                perhaps is due to something related with current electricity???¿¿??? has anyone check with a ps audio or similar, i mean 220v exactly

I use Power Plant Premier... And it regenerates to 230V exactly... I will informe you when I receive the player...

Comment

• Alph
                                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by RLRB
                                  Hi

I have a cdp 102 and when i am listening music i hear dropouts, 2 or three clicks per songs or 2 or 3 per disc in a good day.

mine had firm 1.1.0, but i have firm 1.0.7, 1.0.9 also.

i tried to install 1.0.7 and it works a lot better, the annoying clicks have almost dissapeared, now i can play a disc and hear 1 click

if you need these firm, please send me a email, it worths. i prefer not hearing clicks than a faster disc load

ah, i forget, 1.0.7. doesnt have bus can operation

if anyone has 1.0.6 please email me, with this firm even you can play protected cd.
                                  Hi RLRB,

Do you still have those early firmware version 1.0.7 and 1.0.9 for the Classé CDP ? I have a CDP-502 with firmware 1.1.0 and it has this random clicking noise too. Please email me if you still have those (they are no longer available on Classé nor B&W websites).

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Alain

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"