X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

SSP Configurations

Does anyone know why you cannot choose a default configuration or the 7.1 analog input? Since its clear its not a pure bybass and that trim levels and distance levels are applied to the input why does very other input allow you to choose which config you want to set for the input , but the 7.1?

Seems strange
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Nolan B
    Does anyone know why you cannot choose a default configuration or the 7.1 analog input? Since its clear its not a pure bybass and that trim levels and distance levels are applied to the input why does very other input allow you to choose which config you want to set for the input , but the 7.1?

Seems strange

umm.. thats not exactly true. Give me time to ponder it, but 7.1 bypass is a pure bypass. I hope I haven't led you astray in trying to explain things with it.

If what you are saying was the case, then one would not need to use levels in a blu-ray/sacd player.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
      umm.. thats not exactly true. Give me time to ponder it, but 7.1 bypass is a pure bypass. I hope I haven't led you astray in trying to explain things with it.

If what you are saying was the case, then one would not need to use levels in a blu-ray/sacd player.

You didint leave me astray...i have done tests.

Try this:

1.) play something through the analog inputs

2.) Go into system setup

3.) go into configuration

4.) Choose a config...at this point the SSP will go out of a config making all speakers go to the factory default then after a couple of seconds the SSP will switch to the config you just selected.

5.) When in that config you can manually adjust the trim levels while the source is playing. I can assure you that trim levels are applied to the incoming signal. Boost the SW up to test

The interesting thing is that you when in "bypass 7.1" mode the only way to switch is to go into the "setup" and select a new one. You cant even change a config the regular way when in byspass because that button is greyed out.

Interesting but true.

As a work around I have the difference Configs set to my F keys so I can easily switch between them.

The only thing I cant really determine is if the distance settings are being applied. perhaps not since the levels settings are volume based and the distance settings are DSP based.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"