X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

THX Settings

Can someone post an explanation as to when or why you would want to initiate THX? Mainly I am curious to know what Stereo + THX is and if it is better then Stereo and when listening to a Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 would you want to turn THX on?

• sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Vancouver
    Can someone post an explanation as to when or why you would want to initiate THX? Mainly I am curious to know what Stereo + THX is and if it is better then Stereo and when listening to a Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 would you want to turn THX on?

the SSP-600 does not have Dolby PLIIx, so in order to support 7.1, you would need to use the THX stuff.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
      the SSP-600 does not have Dolby PLIIx, so in order to support 7.1, you would need to use the THX stuff.
      well I dont have 7.1. Does THX benefit 5.1? What about THX stereo?

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Does the SSP-800 have Dolby PLIIx I?
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by wettou
          Does the SSP-800 have Dolby PLIIx I?
          yes.

Nolan,

I don't know if the THX will benefit you. ops:
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

yes.

Nolan,

I don't know if the THX will benefit you. ops:

Well someone else must know...

anyone?

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

No,
              With the ssp800 you dont' can benefit from the THX.
              style

Comment

• Nolan B
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2005

For those interested I have emailed classe with my question about if THX will benefit a 5.1 system and when it should be turned on or off.

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

Hi Nolan,

how much I was the SSP600 work with the THX differents vs. the SSP800.

You can too read on the manual.....
                  well, give a feed back.
                  thx.
                  Style

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by style
                    Hi Nolan,

You can too read on the manual.....
                    well, give a feed back.
                    thx.
                    Style
                    I dont understand your first sentence.

I have read the manual 3-4 times and still find it unclear. It begins to talk about the differences when THX is on, but then goes into a description of a 7.1 set up about 3/4 the way through.

Comment

• style
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Feb 2006

in the manual from the 600 you can read over the THX, you have a THX botton on the remote control,....

in the manual from the 800 you don't can read nothing over THX modus.
                      well if the new 800, a evolution from the 600!!(we hope) the THX in no more
                      available the technical man from Classe have made a choice from what iswas important to have a great sound.

In the 800 mna. you can read a lot of info over the importance the set the source with the discrete modus and not with dolby prologic,.... --> the Hdmi have a big importance in the 800 the give a sound at the top.

with the 800 setting you can read the modus to give the more "clean" sound, not a compression or miscellaneus of sound they must be changed and change is not easy.
                      you can read too: if you have an apple pie is hard to be able to have a new apples hard to return to have a apple...
                      reporte this point with the varius sound mode.

I hope you can undestand ops:

Omar

Comment

• Nolan B
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2005

For those interested, here is the response i got from Classe. It looks like THX works for 5.1.

For playback levels to be correct the relative volumes and distances have to be adjusted according to the environment and the specifics of the electronics in the system. THX further specify that these permanent environmental and system based relationships should be maintained at an overall playback volume. This balances the complete system.

The SSP auto-calibration feature is designed to tell the processor where its volume controls need to be set in order for the customer's system to recreate the sound pressure levels that THX specifies for commercial movie theaters.

When the THX playmodes are applied to an SSP-600 that has been autocalibrated, additional processing is applied that is designed to further tailor the playback to THX specifications. The playmodes can be applied to 5.1 or 7.1 audio.

Sound is highly subjective, so I would recommend that you listen to the same material each playmode and decide which one you prefer.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"