X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KahunaCanuck
    • May 2008

New Additions!

I pulled the trigger and made some upgrades (ones I had planned from the beginning but need to build up the budget) to my theatre system. The SSP-800 fits nicely in my BDI and I love the look of it. I am amazed how intuitive the menu system is...I thought I would miss the fancy GUI of the Denon 4308 I had been using, but not at all. This is a high quality piece even down to the boxing. Now to the sound...wow! I can not believe the difference in detail, depth and the lack of noise in between the notes...and it is just going to get better. Now the other change I made was upgrading my Emotiva XPA5, and I didn't follow the common path on this, I went with a McIntosh MC303...I am also going to add a MC402 to run the front L&R soon. I know this is considered blasphemy by some here (mixing Classe with Mc), but I love the combination...and my 803Ds have never sounded better...I am loving this so far! Thanks for all the insight I have found here! :T

P.S. For those waiting for the High Def decoding on board, don't! With my Denon 3800 doing the decoding it sounds fantastic!
    Kahuna's Theatre
  • cdika17
    • Oct 2008

Looking good Kahuna! Keep us updated
    Chase

---------------------------------------------------
    Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!

Comment

• hd99yr
      • Apr 2007

very nice! I had a SSP-300, mc-402 combination and it was a great match. Yours should be even better
      " Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN "

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Very nice...those KingCats sure like to have their picture taken.

Comment

• cdika17
          • Oct 2008

more pics please
          Chase

---------------------------------------------------
          Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
            • May 2008

Originally posted by cdika17
            more pics please
            Hi guys, here is one...I will take more soon! Been busy listening to everything...I have a Optical line from my computer to the SSP800 and the D/A in the SSP800 does a great job with my mostly lossless collection.
            Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"