X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

IR input

Can someone confirm if the IR input on the back works with Harmony expenders?

I have a harmony 1000 with RF extender. I am assuming that instead of playing the eye over the IR sensor on the front I am able to get a cable with a male end to plug right into the IR input on the back of the processor.

Is this correct?
  • AV-OCD
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Vancouver
    Can someone confirm if the IR input on the back works with Harmony expenders?

I have a harmony 1000 with RF extender. I am assuming that instead of playing the eye over the IR sensor on the front I am able to get a cable with a male end to plug right into the IR input on the back of the processor.

Is this correct?
    I don't use the Harmony extender, but I am doing as you describe with a Xantech IR repeater. The output of the repeater is fed to the IR input on the back of the SSP-800 with a mono mini-jack cable instead of placing an IR blaster over the IR eye on the front.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

You can do directly into the SSP-800 without any problems. All of the other Delta Series stuff needs a piece called the Delta IR. It strips off the carrier signal so the IR inputs will work. They won't work without it.

Eric

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
        You can do directly into the SSP-800 without any problems. All of the other Delta Series stuff needs a piece called the Delta IR. It strips off the carrier signal so the IR inputs will work. They won't work without it.

Eric
        good to know...do you have a picture of that by chance? Do you have to buy it?

What is it exactly?

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

I don't have a picture of it. It's a small black box that's about 2/3s the size of a Classe remote. It has an IR in, an IR out, and a 12v in. It does not come with a power supply because it can be powered off the same one that would power up a Xantech IR system. In your case, since you have a Harmony RF base, you would need a basic 12v power supply. Your Classe dealer should be able to order it for you. It's $50.00US but I don't know how much it is in Canada. The model is DELTA IR.

Eric

Comment

• skuzzyb
            • Mar 2006

If you have a Classe piece the Delta IR should be free, or at least my dealer gave it to me for free.

skz

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by skuzzyb
              If you have a Classe piece the Delta IR should be free, or at least my dealer gave it to me for free.

skz
              really?

My dealer quoted my $40.

Maybe he is wrong. Can anyone else confirm officially what it costs?

It should be free IMO.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

skz,

If you received it free, that was the dealers choice (nice dealer by the way). Classe does not supply them for free.

Nolan,

$40.00 does sound like the right price since you're in Canada. As I said, it's $50.00 in the US.

Eric

Comment

• Nolan B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                  skz,

If you received it free, that was the dealers choice (nice dealer by the way). Classe does not supply them for free.

Nolan,

$40.00 does sound like the right price since you're in Canada. As I said, it's $50.00 in the US.

Eric
                  ok, sounds like something which should be paid for anyway.

Comment

• skuzzyb
                    • Mar 2006

Yep, I do have a pretty good dealer. He also loaned me their demo SSP600 while mine was in service.

Comment

• Nolan B
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2005

I just got the Delta IR, but wont be able to test it for a week or so because my harmony 1000 died and I have a friend sending me a harmony 1100 to replace it.

I have to say thou...this thing is an abomination.

Doesn't come with a instructions, no power supply and the cables used for input and output don't really make sense. I take it they are just mon cables and I can replace them with any mono cable?

I hope this thing works.

Comment

• Nolan B
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2005

I have confirmed the Delta IR works with the Harmony RF extender. Of course you do have to purchase a power supply.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"