X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue-Eyes
    • Dec 2002

Ranking Cd / DVD players

How is the ranking of the Classe CD/DVD players, analog and digital?
    And is for example, a CDP300 better on analog on a SSP600 then a CDP502 digital on a SSP600.
    Dufficult question, but I wonder what your impressions are.

Reason? I'm thinking about the future, what to do........ keep my CDP300 or wil a CDT300 do the trick on a SSP800 (not yet in possession ).
    Or will purchusing a CDP202 for CD playing it bring to a higher level?
    Et cetera....

My list analog
    CDP100
    CDP102
    CDP300 (digital NOT good on my former SSP300 and SSP600)
    CDP502
    CDP202

And digitaly, where to put the CDT300 in the list? The CDP202 for example is the better CD player, but as a transport?

I'm playing with: CA2100, SSP600, CDP300, Parasound 1206 on a 6 * Ti-K2 , Ti-K1 with the TIK sub (plans: SSP800 and replace the Parasound for a CA5100) (far away plan: replace CA2100 for a CA2200, but the European prices are so expensive.....)

I'm happy to see your reactions!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
    How is the ranking of the Classe CD/DVD players, analog and digital?
    And is for example, a CDP300 better on analog on a SSP600 then a CDP502 digital on a SSP600.
    Dufficult question, but I wonder what your impressions are.

Reason? I'm thinking about the future, what to do........ keep my CDP300 or wil a CDT300 do the trick on a SSP800 (not yet in possession ).
    Or will purchusing a CDP202 for CD playing it bring to a higher level?
    Et cetera....

My list analog
    CDP100
    CDP102
    CDP300 (digital NOT good on my former SSP300 and SSP600)
    CDP502
    CDP202

And digitaly, where to put the CDT300 in the list? The CDP202 for example is the better CD player, but as a transport?

I'm playing with: CA2100, SSP600, CDP300, Parasound 1206 on a 6 * Ti-K2 , Ti-K1 with the TIK sub (plans: SSP800 and replace the Parasound for a CA5100) (far away plan: replace CA2100 for a CA2200, but the European prices are so expensive.....)

I'm happy to see your reactions!
    Analog ranking from best to worst:

1. CDP-502 / CDP-202 same
    2. CDP-100
    3. CDP-300 / CDP-102 same

As a transport:
    1. CDP-502 / CDP-202 / CDP-300 / CDT-300 / CDP-102 same
    2. CDP-100
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
      • Dec 2002

Are you saying that all the CDP, execpt the CDP100, have the same quality in digital CD playing / using as a transport?
      No differences? Exact the same hardware?

You rank the CDP100 above the CDP300, I had listen the CDP100 ones, but maybe I'll give it another try.
      But why above the CDP300?
      It's the cheapest one, 2hands prices for the CDP100 are around the 2000 euro's. The CDP202 does 3500 euro's 2hands.

3. The 202 and 502 are equal in performance in your ranking. The 502 has also DVD player inside, the 202 doesn't. So less parts, less etc. That must make the 202 better though?

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Are you saying that all the CDP, execpt the CDP100, have the same quality in digital CD playing / using as a transport?
        No differences? Exact the same hardware?
        The current Delta series share many of the same parts. The main differences are how the use of Burr-Brown vs. Wolfson DACs and how they are implemented. If you are by-passing all of that and using it as a transport, the experience should be the same.

You rank the CDP100 above the CDP300, I had listen the CDP100 ones, but maybe I'll give it another try.
        But why above the CDP300?
        It's the cheapest one, 2hands prices for the CDP100 are around the 2000 euro's. The CDP202 does 3500 euro's 2hands.
        personal preference. not something that is tangible. Perhaps I favor burr-browns over wolfson DACs? I don't like the CDP-300. I think the interface is clunky.

3. The 202 and 502 are equal in performance in your ranking. The 502 has also DVD player inside, the 202 doesn't. So less parts, less etc. That must make the 202 better though?
        One might be able to argue that there is a difference, but I couldn't tell one. Classe did a good job integrating.

I don't care for Classe's DVD interface in either of the DVD players though. Today's BD players or Oppo's are more than capable DVD players. I'd buy the nice CDP, if you are opposed to disk based solutions, and let something else do DVD playback. just my opinion.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
          • Dec 2002

Thx

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
            Today's BD players or Oppo's are more than capable DVD players. I'd buy the nice CDP, if you are opposed to disk based solutions, and let something else do DVD playback. just my opinion.
            Whoa that is unbelievable your are not 100% Classé after all! Yes Oppo BD-83 is an outstanding piece my neighbor got the beta version it is outstanding, I can't wait until it is release :T

Take a look at the ZONE
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
              • Dec 2002

A conclusion could be:

As long as I have the SSP600 I should have a CDP100 for CD playing.
              A 202 (7500 euro) and a 502 (9000 euro = 13000 dollar) is far to expensive.

2hands the CDP100 does < 2000 euro's.)

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                • Dec 2002

Question for SSP600 and SSP800 owners with a CDP202 / 502:

Prefering analog or digital? I curious for the answers of both SSP's owners
                And of course, why?

Comment

• sikoniko
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

Question for SSP600 and SSP800 owners with a CDP202 / 502:

Prefering analog or digital? I curious for the answers of both SSP's owners
                  And of course, why?
                  SSP-600 would definately be analog bypass. SSP-800 would be tougher and come down to personal preference.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                    • Dec 2002

SSP-600 would definately be analog bypass.
                    You ment, I suppose, the XLR analog bypass?

Well, I have to wait one week, I purchased a CA5200, and sold my CA2100. I'm for the time being playing with an old Parasound 1206 (is for sale ).
                    The Parasound doesn't have any XLR bindings.

Comment

• sikoniko
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

You ment, I suppose, the XLR analog bypass?

Well, I have to wait one week, I purchased a CA5200, and sold my CA2100. I'm for the time being playing with an old Parasound 1206 (is for sale ).
                      The Parasound doesn't have any XLR bindings.
                      you will benefit by using XLR for your amp to your Pre, but I meant using XLR from your source (CDP) to the pre and enabling analog bypass.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                        • Dec 2002

you will benefit by using XLR for your amp to your Pre, but I meant using XLR from your source (CDP) to the pre and enabling analog bypass.
                        That would not work if your complete path isn't XLR connected.
                        I connected my CDP300 with XLR cable to my SSP600. The Parasound is connected with cinch.

When I in the setup section choose balanced -> analog it won't work. When I choose balanced->DSP it works fine.

My conclusion is that the whole path must be connected with balanced cables. Not just the cd/dvd player.

Within a week I can test with the balanced connections while my CA5200 will arrive next thursday.

Comment

• LexiconLogan
                          • Apr 2009

Funny, I seem to have the same burning questions as you do. So I might as well highjack your topic. I just bought a SSP-800 and am troubled to choose between a CDT-300 or a CDP-502. I want the best quality and dont want to make compromises

Comment

• sikoniko
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by LexiconLogan
                            Funny, I seem to have the same burning questions as you do. So I might as well highjack your topic. I just bought a SSP-800 and am troubled to choose between a CDT-300 or a CDP-502. I want the best quality and dont want to make compromises
                            ultimately, what you are going to get here are peoples opinions. My opinion is that yes there will be differences, but no the differences will not justify the cost as you will be hard-pressed to notice them more times than not.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                              • Dec 2002

If you will make no comprimises you should buy a CDP502.

Best of both worlds, the best analoge player, the best DVD player.

But..... what are the qualities as opf the CDP502 as a transport? Is the CDT (half the price) as good as the CDP502, assuming the SSP800 will be the DAC.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"