X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lgsdds
    • May 2007

CDP-300/502 software update

Checkling to see if anyone has tried to update to version 0.199.2.2 which came our 3/9/09. I have successfully updated this as well as other Classe components in the past without incident, but this file just won't open for me. Thanks ahead of time.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Do you mean you can't open the zipped folder? You should be able to double click on it to get the file that's there. Once you open that, just burn it on a CD as a data disc and load it. Then follow the directions that Classe has on their site to finish it up.

Eric

Comment

• lgsdds
      • May 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
      Do you mean you can't open the zipped folder? You should be able to double click on it to get the file that's there. Once you open that, just burn it on a CD as a data disc and load it. Then follow the directions that Classe has on their site to finish it up.

Eric
      The file will unzip, but the downloader will not recognize it. This MPEG update is supposed to be installed via 232 port and there is no mention on Class's website of burning it to a disc, unless I haven't looked thoroughly enough.

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

The MPEG updates are for the drive and the MPEG decoder, not for the main unit. You need to burn that to a disc and load it into the player. If you look at the instructions on the MPEG update page, they will tell you what the player will do once you load it in and press play.

Eric

Comment

• lgsdds
          • May 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
          The MPEG updates are for the drive and the MPEG decoder, not for the main unit. You need to burn that to a disc and load it into the player. If you look at the instructions on the MPEG update page, they will tell you what the player will do once you load it in and press play.

Eric
          Eric--thanks. You are, of course, right. I must have been having another senior moment getting firmware and MPEG mixed up. Duh.

Comment

• hifiguymi
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2007

Let us know how it goes.

What piece do you have? If it is the CDP-300, do you notice any improvement in video performance?

Eric

Comment

• lgsdds
              • May 2007

MPEG Update

I have the 502, but I must have been having a really bad day yesterday because I still did something wrong -- the disc did not eject and it will not come out of standby, even though I reset it with the back switch. I wanted SPDIF out of the HDMI for connection purposes, but it now looks like it will be taking a trip to Canada. I am updating my Lumagen XE now, and thank goodness it is going well. I think I should do nothing more complicated on my Fridays off other than walk the dogs or ride the horse, although I might need to rethink the horse at this point. I'll let you know what tech tells me Monday morning.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"