X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Classe's Next Product - Your best guess

I think Classe is going to start coming out with some type of audio/video server. I think they are deciding to not make a BD player because they feel BD is not going to last long enough. Its not like Classe is halting plans for new components, and I feel if they are not going BD then they are looking at some type of server. I hope they are able to make something similar to Apple TV.

what do you think?
  • Oddiophile
    • Jul 2008

Nolan,

What you say makes complete sense, especially as one of their competitors, Meridian, has got into the server game with its purchase of Sooloos.

Of course, just because it makes sense that doesn't mean that they will actually do it but I would bet on them more than most companies.

Good idea to start this thread.

Jim

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Hallo,

I personally do not find interest in Apple TV or similar ...
      Maybe in Europe, this discourse is still tabu!? :E

I love to have a plasma (or only monitor) pre&amp with the movie or CD music....
      I dont feel necessary anything else....

Style

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by style
        Hallo,

I personally do not find interest in Apple TV or similar ...
        Maybe in Europe, this discourse is still tabu!? :E

I love to have a plasma (or only monitor) pre&amp with the movie or CD music....
        I dont feel necessary anything else....

Style
        if you love movies or CDs then there is no reason to not like Apply TV or some type of quality music/video server. They only difference between what we do now and what a good server can offer is storage, organization and access.

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

their next product will be the CT Series. It will be released this spring once the new DSP is available for currently shipping SSP-800's.

There are other things currently in the works. The new amps that are in the CT series will eventually be released as delta amps as well. Common sense tells you that eventually we'll see updates to their 2 ch preamp.

I asked Dave about how they will replace their current CDP's and his comment was that they will eventually fade away and not be replaced.

I personally would like to see more distribution type stuff along the NuVo lines from Classe. The other alternative would be a Media Center/ Extender type setup. At some point, the home will be like the business. All storage/ internet/ media/ Cable/ Sat/ etc will come into the house at one centralized location and be distributed throughout the house via some type of extender. Especially as digital downloads take a stronger foot-hold.

The other potential space is projectors. At CES, I saw several rebrands of the JVC projector. Pioneer Elite, Meridian, and Anthem all had one. Though, I doubt Classe would enter that space. I just don't know though. JVC releases a new model every year with updated hardware, while the others try and say their Gen1 JVC has enough tweeks to the software to give it a 5 year life. Do you buy it? I'm skeptical.
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
            The other potential space is projectors. At CES, I saw several rebrands of the JVC projector. Pioneer Elite, Meridian, and Anthem all had one. Though, I doubt Classe would enter that space. I just don't know though. JVC releases a new model every year with updated hardware, while the others try and say their Gen1 JVC has enough tweeks to the software to give it a 5 year life. Do you buy it? I'm skeptical.
            Yes they charge $5 to $10K more than JVC

It is a joke the RS1 and RS2 had major changes and the RS10 and RS20 have again major changes and major improvement. Next generation for JVC will be LED or Laser instead of lamps :T

5 Year life in projector is like three year life in computers!!! Hello
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• SwainDtV
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vancouver
              if you love movies or CDs then there is no reason to not like Apply TV or some type of quality music/video server. They only difference between what we do now and what a good server can offer is storage, organization and access.
              For movies yes, but with music ripped from CD I have a different experience.

In my collection I have a couple of CD's with Emphasis/Deemphasis flags. A rip will not correct this. Therefor the sound of the rip is too 'bright'.

Many ripped CD's with Copy protection schemes have audible plop and gaps.

Ripping live concert CD's is a challenge. The music server must be able to play the tracks without gaps.

For CD's I prefer a dedicated CD player.

Ab

Comment

• sikoniko
                Super Senior Member
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by SwainDtV
                Ripping live concert CD's is a challenge. The music server must be able to play the tracks without gaps.

Ab
                The Sonos is capable of doing this.

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

Well Ii dont know how "work" Sonos but I dont like the idea to this storage...
                  this all give my a mid-end idea...with a geat "gears" like Classe I prefer
                  have a CD,... with all the pro & contra.

---> I agree with SwainDtV
                  you can find a lot of this music server but I dont will make a Classe-computer system.

if I will see or listen music I go with my HT or 2 channel pure system.
                  and if I will "tried" to dowload file (movie&music), burn rip & co. I work with ma computer!!

I dont see in the next "little time" a integration from this 2 modus....

you can make a dirfference in 2 group:
                  1- people that dont like make "experiment, alwas the last news over the table,try all & more
                  2-people who go from 20 years always at the same place for Holiday, same restaurants, knows everyone and everything ....

is like the new firmware for the SSP:
                  Classe needs is people who want to try the latest (1/ first type of people) and Classe glad to have these people who gives him all the input on what works and what does not !!! The consumer make the test, IS the test!!

but if I have a SSP that work fine becouse I must tried with a nwe firmware
                  without the security that all work good???
                  I wait, when is a stable and sure update I go make the firmware...

Style

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by style
                    Well Ii dont know how "work" Sonos but I dont like the idea to this storage...
                    this all give my a mid-end idea...with a geat "gears" like Classe I prefer
                    have a CD,... with all the pro & contra.

---> I agree with SwainDtV
                    you can find a lot of this music server but I dont will make a Classe-computer system.

if I will see or listen music I go with my HT or 2 channel pure system.
                    and if I will "tried" to dowload file (movie&music), burn rip & co. I work with ma computer!!

I dont see in the next "little time" a integration from this 2 modus....

you can make a dirfference in 2 group:
                    1- people that dont like make "experiment, alwas the last news over the table,try all & more
                    2-people who go from 20 years always at the same place for Holiday, same restaurants, knows everyone and everything ....

is like the new firmware for the SSP:
                    Classe needs is people who want to try the latest (1/ first type of people) and Classe glad to have these people who gives him all the input on what works and what does not !!! The consumer make the test, IS the test!!

but if I have a SSP that work fine becouse I must tried with a nwe firmware
                    without the security that all work good???
                    I wait, when is a stable and sure update I go make the firmware...

Style

Its very possible to have bit for bit storage. The biggest problem is there are not content providers for pure digital stream or downloads for storage, nor has BD licensed anyone for managed copy.

Still its the way the industry is moving. We represent and even smaller market then before.

I personally welcome media servers and downloads as long as there is no loss in quality. Something major is going to have to happen in order for a movie studio to allow bit or but downloads, not to mention ISPs being ok with all the downloads.

Comment

• sikoniko
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Vancouver
                      Its very possible to have bit for bit storage. The biggest problem is there are not content providers for pure digital stream or downloads for storage, nor has BD licensed anyone for managed copy.

Still its the way the industry is moving. We represent and even smaller market then before.

I personally welcome media servers and downloads as long as there is no loss in quality. Something major is going to have to happen in order for a movie studio to allow bit or but downloads, not to mention ISPs being ok with all the downloads.
                      If a high-end company wasn't pushing a new CDP at CES, they were using a media server of some type. They pretty much agree that it solves the problems associated with spinning disks. They even went further in saying solid state drives provide the best playback experience over spindled disks.

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                        They pretty much agree that it solves the problems associated with spinning disks. They even went further in saying solid state drives provide the best playback experience over spindled disks.
                        That is why Classé is discounting all their players 25% off if you buy a SSP-800 or a 2 Channel pre.

So do you think that the iPod Touch sounds better than the Classic?
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• planitismetal
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                          That is why Classé is discounting all their players 25% off if you buy a SSP-800 or a 2 Channel pre.

So do you think that the iPod Touch sounds better than the Classic?

In my system, using loosles compression,no... Reference cd's are always better than ipod classic 160GB... I repeat: in my system with my ears... :W So, I would say that they will produce a BD ;x( even if they are saying no...Or a universal player (BD, SACD, DVD-A,etc.....)

Comment

• wettou
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by planitismetal
                            In my system, using loosles compression,no... Reference cd's are always better than ipod classic 160GB... I repeat: in my system with my ears... :W So, I would say that they will produce a BD ;x( even if they are saying no...Or a universal player (BD, SACD, DVD-A,etc.....)
                            Well according to Classé there is no way they will do a BD player I got an email from them about that they don't see how they can improve on what is out there 8O

Plus the Oppo BDP83 will rule if they are as good as there DVD players and for $499 no one can touch them!!!

Did you try the Wadia 170i with your ipod you might be surprised also the Ipod Touch is supose to sound better no moving parts :T

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"