X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Blue LED variations

I notice that when looking the 5 blue LED lights on my 5100 of axis the 5th one seems 50% dimmer. Looking straight on its fine, but since my amp is below eye level it usually see it looking down and notice this variation.

Does anyone notice this on their amp?
  • garak
    • Jul 2007

Mine appear to be uniform from all angles.

Perhaps you've got 1 bad LED.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by garak
      Mine appear to be uniform from all angles.

Perhaps you've got 1 bad LED.
      thats what I thought... According to Classe its "normal" and that apart from all the lights looking uniform looking straight on they can not guarantee they will look the same looking from an angle.

Classe is willing to send me out a new piece, but they claim they cant promise anything. I just want to check and see if its worth the effort. If most of you guys have them looking ok then ill move forward...if its a common issue i wont bother.

Comment

• AV-OCD
        • Aug 2008

The LEDs look uniformly lit from all angles on my 5100.

Good luck.

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by AV-OCD
          The LEDs look uniformly lit from all angles on my 5100.

Good luck.
          Thanks!

anyone else? id like to get 10 or so responses.

Comment

• Classe4me
            • Dec 2007

uniform LEDs

Originally posted by Vancouver
            I notice that when looking the 5 blue LED lights on my 5100 of axis the 5th one seems 50% dimmer. Looking straight on its fine, but since my amp is below eye level it usually see it looking down and notice this variation.

Does anyone notice this on their amp?
            All 5 of my LEDs are uniform on my CA-5200. Sometimes it appears as though there is variation between the three components on the Classe rack but if I bend down or change angles it seems as though it is just an optical illusion.

I can tell you that if one of my five looked considerably different, I would HAVE to have it replaced or else it would drive me batty. I could handle a little variance from one component several inches above another but side by side would not be acceptable for me personally.

It's not big secret that I am fairly obsessive/compulsive about things like this and find anything less than perfect to irritate me to no end.

I almost drove myself crazy over the finish on a grand piano that I purchased and the dealer finally came out and told me that I was being neurotic and that it was a piece of furniture as well as a musical instrument and that I cannot expect something made of wood (a natural material) to be absolutely perfect. He was right and actually desensitized me a bit to allow me to accept less than perfect furniture and other items.

In summation, I say go for it, and get another LED and replace it and see what happens. What have you got to lose? For what you spend you have to be happy and I can see me not paying attention to a movie for staring at that dim LED!

Good luck!

Tom

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

Hy Nolan,

my 5200 is OK. all the Led work good.

I'm like Tom....fairly obsessive/compulsive...
              If you go have a replace-led try with the new piece: in this moment your 5100 sound fine well? is not a "sound" problem but "only" led...Is too possible that the ledpart-unit is a unique piece from 5 led...
              BUT if you go open the 5100 with the garantie you don't have problems??

2. I looked at these blue led class and between the light of the SSP and amplifier of this light is the same? Has the same intensity?
              Eyes are a bad game .. can be an optical illusion but the light can seem different, or between a device and the other ...???
              "the life" from the unit (SSP or ampli) is important for the intensity from the light?

Style

Comment

• planitismetal
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Classe4me
                I can tell you that if one of my five looked considerably different, I would HAVE to have it replaced or else it would drive me batty. I could handle a little variance from one component several inches above another but side by side would not be acceptable for me personally.Tom

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Same thoughts, same reaction also from me!!! Without passion and lunatic for detail, Hi-End does not exist!!!

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

@planitismetal:

I WANT TO BELIEVE 8) 8)

The X Filesssss

Style

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

thanks for yoru input. I to am a little nuts over stuff like this. I am going ot get the other piece in. Ill see if I can take a before and after picture.

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

Interesting I like them when listening to music but then for movies I put a black piece of paper in front of them I like no distractions just the MOVIE :B
                      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• planitismetal
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by style
                        @planitismetal:

I WANT TO BELIEVE 8) 8)

The X Filesssss

Style

I BELIEVE!!!!!! ;x(

Comment

• SwainDtV
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                          Interesting I like them when listening to music but then for movies I put a black piece of paper in front of them I like no distractions just the MOVIE :B
                          A black piece of paper is a KIS solution. However I would like to see a forced (toggle) on off function setting for all lights including the stand bye leds. With a programmed function key on the remote I would be able to dim all lights in the Classe chain (can bus) during a movie and re-dim after.

Ab

Comment

• Classe4me
                            • Dec 2007

Nolan, I just thought of something. If the five LEDs are all separate and not in one unit, then why don't you take one of the power or standby LEDs and swap it out to see it that would make the 5 match. You would never notice a slight difference between the standby and the 5 in a row. I think my standby LEDs burn at slightly different intensities.

Just another one of my wacky thoughts!

Comment

• Nolan B
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Sep 2005

Nolan, I just thought of something. If the five LEDs are all separate and not in one unit, then why don't you take one of the power or standby LEDs and swap it out to see it that would make the 5 match. You would never notice a slight difference between the standby and the 5 in a row. I think my standby LEDs burn at slightly different intensities.

Just another one of my wacky thoughts!
                              perfect on paper...but how would it actually be done?

I have a full new face plate coming in from Classe. Once the amp is all opened up ill see if thats possible.

Good thinking :T

Comment

• Classe4me
                                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Vancouver
                                perfect on paper...but how would it actually be done?

I have a full new face plate coming in from Classe. Once the amp is all opened up ill see if thats possible.

Good thinking :T
                                I would have to see the inside of the amp and also the way the standby LED is placed, mounted, and soldered (or plugged in).

If that beastly 126 lb amp was easier to slide out of my rack I would be tempted to take the top off and snoop around.

It might be worth calling Classe tech support to ask a few questions about these LEDs if you haven't already to see if this is a possibility to do.

I am a tinkerer and am dying to find a broken Classe Delta component so I can make a slick case to contain the guts of a Blu-ray player in a matching case to go on the top shelf of my Classe rack. Might be flaky but something I am dying to see if I can pull off. Of course I will have to take the Classe name off of the shell so I won't be accused of false advertising!

I have a friend that owns a machine shop and even considered having him help me create something that matches very well.

Now that is definitely being WAYYY too obsessive/compulsive!

Let me know how your LED project turns out.

Tom

Comment

• Nolan B
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Sep 2005

I would have to see the inside of the amp and also the way the standby LED is placed, mounted, and soldered (or plugged in).

If that beastly 126 lb amp was easier to slide out of my rack I would be tempted to take the top off and snoop around.

It might be worth calling Classe tech support to ask a few questions about these LEDs if you haven't already to see if this is a possibility to do.

I am a tinkerer and am dying to find a broken Classe Delta component so I can make a slick case to contain the guts of a Blu-ray player in a matching case to go on the top shelf of my Classe rack. Might be flaky but something I am dying to see if I can pull off. Of course I will have to take the Classe name off of the shell so I won't be accused of false advertising!

I have a friend that owns a machine shop and even considered having him help me create something that matches very well.

Tom
                                  Ill taeke some pictures.

Do you really think you can make a BD player out of something like a CDT 300? I know y the OSD on the front wouldnt work, but if you could do it and make the BD input glow blue...that would be cool

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                    • Aug 2008

Tom
                                    I'm right there with ya Tom. I love to mod and tinker too. That Classe BD player mod would be a great project if you can pull it off.

Comment

• Classe4me
                                      • Dec 2007

I feel quite determined to pull it off but I want to make sure that there are no legal ramifications to deal with. I certainly don't ever want to try and pass it off as anything other than a Frankenstein Blu-ray player put in a Classe component case. It would just be pretty awesome to have everything match. I might even get even more industrious and come up with a lookalike or well matched box for my power condtioner and possibly even my DirecTV box.

Yes I realize I am ate up and need a CT or an MRI of my head to figure out what's missing or that there is nothing up there!

I shall keep you posted if this ever materializes.

Tom

Comment

• Nolan B
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Sep 2005

I feel quite determined to pull it off but I want to make sure that there are no legal ramifications to deal with. I certainly don't ever want to try and pass it off as anything other than a Frankenstein Blu-ray player put in a Classe component case. It would just be pretty awesome to have everything match. I might even get even more industrious and come up with a lookalike or well matched box for my power condtioner and possibly even my DirecTV box.

Yes I realize I am ate up and need a CT or an MRI of my head to figure out what's missing or that there is nothing up there!

I shall keep you posted if this ever materializes.

Tom
                                        as long as you dont sell it I dont see how you would be breaking any laws

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"