X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HedgeHog
    • Dec 2008

Audio Stand for Classé Gear

Hi folks,

I'm curious what people are using for their Classé gear. I'm about to acquire that ubiquitous setup of 802D/HTM2D/SSP-800/CA-5200. Additionally, I have the Pio PRO-151FD and JL Audio F113. So I can get a wide av stand and put all the gear in there, the center on top, and the sub in a corner. Or I might get the center channels stand and put the sub behind/in front of the stand then get 2 audio racks flanking the center/sub.

I love the look of Aquarius' DIY amp stand ;x( but I lack connection for fabrication. I also like the Solid Steel setup but their prices are like 1/2 an amp! 8O

So, any recommendations? BTW, checked through a few threads but I couldn't associate brand/models to the posted pix.

TIA. Cheers.

-Hedwig
    Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
    Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
    B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
    Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
    Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original
  • planitismetal
    • Dec 2008

Becareful because CA-5200 is very big and I think SolidSteel hasn't got something for this beast!!! I checked now and the biggest from Solidsteel has 500mm depth and CA-5200 has 534mm...

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Hi Hedwig,

Solidsteel is great to looks...

Padoda Signature but for the CA5200 is not so ideal...

the only one:

this is all modular cabinet/rack...what , where , when... and for great price :T

another "only one" http://www.audiav.com/Products.html
      well, for $. 9000.- you can buy a 2 pieces for 4 gears 8O 8O
      Style

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

@planitismetal,

forget the Solisteel ....(in europa €. 490)

and with this

(this can you have for €. 330)

and the legs are very different...
        "Solidsteel 25mm. vs Bassocontinio 40mm. :T

Style

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Price no object stands in Carbon Fiber :B

DIY method:

I went to a Stone Reseller and had them cut a Granite slab that had been drop (scrap) 2/3" thick to my exact dimension total cost $300 for three shelves.

I then glued feet and voila :T
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• planitismetal
            • Dec 2008

@ style
            We have the same problem as I can see... We are searching for a rack but we can't find something cheap and nice looking... :rofl:

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

carbon fiber in "plaxiglass" uhmmm is a year will be yellow....

the Auquaruis platfomr are nice but if you dont have the laboratorie the make so one job will be expensive....

Style

Comment

• planitismetal
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wettou

DIY method:

I went to a Stone Reseller and had them cut a Granite slab that had been drop (scrap) 2/3" thick to my exact dimension total cost $300 for three shelves.

I think this is the best solution wettou...
                Really... I have checked all the online shops for a nice looking stand (and cheap)
                but I couldn't find anything... I had instantly the same thought with you!! And I think this is the solution for my problem... (I don't like the one I have now :M )

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

@planitismetal

The bassocontinuo, model Ghironda S 3 floor:

1.: CA5200 & SSP (high available 28 or 30,5cm)
                  2.: CD player and DVD/BD
                  3:. htm2D
                  Pioneer at wall, left and right the 802D :T :T

Style

Comment

• planitismetal
                    • Dec 2008

@style
                    This site: www.audiav.com is very nice... wow... also www.bassocontinuo.it has nice stands... THANKS!!!

Comment

• HedgeHog
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by planitismetal
                      Becareful because CA-5200 is very big and I think SolidSteel hasn't got something for this beast!!! I checked now and the biggest from Solidsteel has 500mm depth and CA-5200 has 534mm...
                      I was pretty sure MSM is running SolidSteel successfully. :huh:
                      Attached Files
                      Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                      Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• HedgeHog
                        • Dec 2008

@style
                        This site: www.audiav.com is very nice... wow... also www.bassocontinuo.it has nice stands... THANKS!!!

Ack...all these are Euro-based. Need something for us Canucks.

Thx tho. :T

Comment

• garak
                          • Jul 2007

I have a Solidsteel HS-A stand for my CA-5200. However, it is not the regular HS-A. It is a special version designed for the CA-5200 (larger dimensions along with shape that matches the CA-5200 exactly). If you want Solidsteel stands, order them through your Classe dealer because they can get the versions made specifically for Classe.

Comment

• planitismetal
                            • Dec 2008

But I think these sites have dealers also in Canada and USA... Doesn't matter... We made a try... :cry: :B

As you can see in the foto, I think CA-5200 is on the floor... In a base without spikes... Or am I wrong? :E

Comment

• planitismetal
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by garak
                              I have a Solidsteel HS-A stand for my CA-5200. However, it is not the regular HS-A. It is a special version designed for the CA-5200 (larger dimensions along with shape that matches the CA-5200 exactly). If you want Solidsteel stands, order them through your Classe dealer because they can get the versions made specifically for Classe.

@HedgeHog

See what I meant??

Comment

• style
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006

I think MSM dont have nothing more.....

I have see the Classe, the 802, all the system on Audiogon!!!

Style

Comment

• Nolan B
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by wettou

DIY method:

I love the look of carbon fiber..

Comment

• beden1
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HedgeHog
                                    I was pretty sure MSM is running SolidSteel successfully. :huh:
                                    I think he had the CA-M400's though?

Comment

• TYE
                                      • Sep 2008

I am in the process of actually having an acrylic and aluminum stand made by Dave at Valley Plastics. It essentially will be like the solid steel stand, with the curved ends to match the curves of the classe gear, but will have the spacing i want between the components for that nice finished look as well as Im going with a polished black finish on the acrylic. And best part, it costs a lot less than the solid steel stand, less than half the cost of the solid steel actually.

Comment

• style
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Feb 2006

Hi,
                                        www.audiav.com is a great rack (http://www.avrevforum.com/furniture-...ever-made.html)
                                        A europa dealer from the Audiav have a price: :cry:

This is a granite which I should not recommend, to heavy, expensive and difficult in transportation (can break).
                                        I don't like the wood finish to much that this client has chosen but that was his choice.
                                        I did a calculation for different rack's with all signature platforms (see below).
                                        You could use standard platforms to lower the price.

SPAN DESIGN - NO CENTER POST
                                        Without Center post: four uprights, two double width platforms, one double width (full coverage) top
                                        ALL SIGNATURE COMPOSITE: 6884.60

SPLIT DESIGN - CENTER POST
                                        With Center post: six uprights, four normal size platforms, one double width (full coverage) top
                                        ALL SIGNATURE COMPOSITE: 8409.90

OPTION: CARBON FIBER
                                        Add $569 retail for each "normal" size platforms
                                        Add $1138 retail for each "double width" size platforms

----------------------
                                        @Nolan,
                                        the look of carbon fiber is nice, will not simply to be integred in a room - a "MDF soft touch" like Solidsteel go easy in a room with parquè, speakers in Rosenut or other color as black.., with wardrobes in wood "cherry" a puzzle from colors...or?
                                        the complete tansparent rack in fiber / plexiglass are no but in the first time, in a paar years a rack/cabint from $5000.- will be "no more transparent"...
                                        OR??

I agree with garak, the Solidsteel HS-A is exactly the base from the CA5200,
                                        or more 60cm. depth... :T
                                        A complete rack from Solidsteel like MSM is to much "open air" but the room where you have inside "the gears" is important....

Style

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                          • Dec 2008

So...I contacted the fine folks @ Basso Continuo about their Ghironda AT. Their price would be CAD$4300 :E ...then I'll have to deal with duties + applicable taxes. :cry:

Guess my search continues.

Comment

• planitismetal
                                            • Dec 2008

Did you checked what are the prices for solidsteel??

Comment

• style
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Feb 2006

@HedgeHog,

in Europa the BossaContinuo is the minus expensive ?!?!?

Ghiranda A (2floor+1piece for the CA5200) MDF soft touch , around €.1800.-

Ghitonda S (3 floor) MDF soft touch dita €. 1750.- ,

--------------

Solidsteel (made in Italy) HS3 €. 1700.- plus HS-a for the CA5200 other €.500.-....

In this point / sector pay life in Europa...

Style

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                • Dec 2008

Yeah but €. 1750 = ~CAD$2900. Vs CAD$4300 that I've been quoted....and that's with a discount.

Given that price range, I'll also look at 2 x Solid Tech Rack of Silence with Feet of Silence for the centers to rest on. Or perhaps, the Adona line.

Cheers,
                                                -H

Originally posted by style
                                                @HedgeHog,

in Europa the BossaContinuo is the minus expensive ?!?!?

Ghiranda A (2floor+1piece for the CA5200) MDF soft touch , around €.1800.-

Ghitonda S (3 floor) MDF soft touch dita €. 1750.- ,

--------------

Solidsteel (made in Italy) HS3 €. 1700.- plus HS-a for the CA5200 other €.500.-....

In this point / sector pay life in Europa...

Style

Comment

• style
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Feb 2006

HedgeHog Yeah but €. 1750 = ~CAD$2900. Vs CAD$4300 that I've been quoted....and that's with a discount.
                                                  Hy Man,
                                                  if drive a Porsche you can not watch your wallet when you put the gas! 8O

Solid Tech Rack: great rack, i like too but in EuropaTHIS is very crazy price.
                                                  not a "Rack of Silence", the "normal 3 floor" is around €.3000.- plus feet/spyke!!
                                                  The Master Reference Pagoda (Finiti Elemente) :T , €. 4500.-( 3 floor)
                                                  the Master Pagoda (3floor) is €. 1500.- plus feet and, and,...

Style

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                    • Dec 2008

I drive a P-car AND watch my wallet during fills...100L is a large tank! 8O

Anyhoo, I'm still checking out various stands. It's not just the price but knowing what it costs allows me to investigate other brands in similar price ranges. Personally, I don't want a stand that looks like furniture...I prefer something more "techie".

I think this looks cool.

or this...

WRT Basso Continuo, I found out that import duties are at 9.5%. So add that to the 12% tax we have, the total would be ($4200 x 1.095) x 1.12 = CAD$5150.88. Ouch. Lots more options in that price range.

Cheers.
                                                    -H

Originally posted by style
                                                    Hy Man,
                                                    if drive a Porsche you can not watch your wallet when you put the gas! 8O

Style

Comment

• NonSense
                                                      • Nov 2003

HedgeHog

If you need a nice looking rack to handle oversized gear, that won't break the bank, and is readily available in Canada. My search a few years back, led me to the Cambre - Core.

I have black ash shelves with silver posts, and it looks great with my gear. The threaded posts are slim solid aluminum allowing each shelf to support 110lbs. I puchased the top shelf/amp stand with an 11" shelf for my amp and 2x 9" shelves for the other gear. The silver and black match the Classe colors perfect. The total came in around $800CAN. This is the best rack that I have seen near this price point.

I also own a Vantage Point Solus for my HT gear that I purchased before I bought the cambre. It's shelves are much smaller and use hollow tubing. Not in the same league considering the relative delta in price.

Cambre Core 26" W x 20" D (22" wide components)
                                                      VP Solus 24" W x 18" D (19" wide components)

Cheers,
                                                      Bruce

Comment

• style
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Feb 2006

@HedgeHog,

your pictures are very great rack. no doubt.

A rack like yours exemples are in europa avialble only "on request" imported from US. well, a BassoContinuo is inexpensive in vs. your exemples.

Style

Comment

• msm
                                                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by beden1
                                                          I think he had the CA-M400's though?
                                                          I did have the CA-M400 and the CA-5200. The CA-5200 is in the middle of the SolidSteel rack below the SSP-800 and fit great.

I still have some of the gear left, SSP-800, CA-5200 and 802D's since I am still trying to decide which new speakers I am going to pick up.
                                                          Last edited by msm; 22 January 2009, 22:18 Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                          Search Result for "|||"