X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gianluca
    • Oct 2008

Lettering of Classé CA-150

Hello all,

I purchassed a Classé CA-150, it had one flaw which is the previous owner lost the accent from the é. I tried calling Classé and was told it used to be outsourced and no longer have any left.

Do any of you have any ideasÉ

Thanks

Gianluca
    Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Try using a flat gold touch-up paint pen to add the accent. Trim the tip of the pen to a chisel shape with an x-acto knife prior to use. Alternately, you could try using a cotton swab, the tip of which has been trimmed to a point, and dipped in flat gold paint. If you mess up, you should be able to quickly wipe away the still wet paint with a soft rag moistened with isopropyl alcohol before trying again. Be careful that you don't damage the remaining lettering.

Comment

• Gianluca
      • Oct 2008

That might work, just not with my hands Gonna have to get me artsy friend to come over.

Good Idea Glen

Thanks

Gianluca
      Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• ml360
        • Jan 2006

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.But i have that amp aswell.And for you to pull that stunt off properly,that symbol would have to be raised a bit from the surface,just as the Classe nameplate appears.Anything short of that would appear artificial....just my 2 cents!

Comment

• Glen B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2004

What alternative would you suggest ? Looking at the front panel of my CA-300 close up, whatever process was used to apply the lettering, its not raised. Only the outline of the letters has a very slightly texture.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Glen B; 16 December 2008, 22:49 Tuesday.

Comment

• Srrndhound
            • Sep 2008

Yes, it's a conventional silkscreen printing process. It can leave a little ridge.

Since the little accent mark is luckily made up of all straight lines, it would be easy to use an Xacto knife to cut this shape out of some of the 3M green masking tape, or better "sharp line" masking tape. Position it on the front panel, and use Duplicolor gold wheel touchup paint or the like to paint it. Don't blob it too thick!

Use some scrap material as a test first, to see how well you paint, and when is the right time to pull the tape off. Usually, before it dries.

Comment

• Gianluca
              • Oct 2008

All good suggestions, hard part will be to find a somewhat exact match...

Comment

• Glen B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2004

I think Srrndhound's idea is great. :T Its what I would go with.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"