• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

RebelMann come Back

RebelMann come Back ;x(
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Hberg
    • Apr 2008

I agree!!!! ;x(
    "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• joetama
      • May 2006

Where did he go?
      -Joe

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by joetama
        Where did he go?
        No idea apparently from what Sikoniko said he had some things he needed to deal with??
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• garak
          • Jul 2007

I think Gump knows RebelMan pretty well. I think they both live in the Phoenix, AZ area. Gump, if you're listening, perhaps you can prod RebelMan back into the forum.

Comment

• Gump
            • Sep 2005

RebelMan's ok

RebelMan is fine.

I spoke to him on the phone last week for quite awhile about a couple of issues regarding the SSP-800. One being if he thought I should "experiment" with the 800's parametric EQ which he STRONGLY discouraged me from doing, which coincides with Mike's opinion at Classe/B&W's tech support. They both believed I could do more damage than good without the proper equipment and expertise.

As far as the HT Guide forum goes, his quote to me was, "I haven't turned my back on the Boards."

Talking to him, he was his usual upbeat, very positive and effervescent self. He was very willing to answer my questions and happy to help me in whatever way he could. He is simply dealing with several personal and professional complex issues in his life right now that are consuming both his time and attention. He even complained to me that he hasn't had any time to listen to his system.

To comment anymore on his situation would be inappropriate for me. It's simply not my place to speak for him. I can tell you he seemed upbeat and in good spirits which is typical with any time I've spoken with him.

I told him I would call him again in the next few days to follow-up on the things we discussed. When I do I will be sure and convey to him that his input on the boards is missed-----by most of us.

Neil

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Gump
              RebelMan is fine. When I do I will be sure and convey to him that his input on the boards is missed-----by most of us. Neil
              Glad to hear he is well, I always thought that he always tried to be sincere unlike others... Sorry to hear he is going through tough time:cry:

On an other note, I went to listen to the SSP-800 yesterday again at my great dealer and was again very impressed.

I am looking forward to the day I can have it in my rig so I can enjoy it all the time :T

Also since you all like music give this a try the files are phenomenal.

We invite you to join us in this evaluation of future consumer delivery formats. Download high resolution audio files from Norwegian 2L in stereo 96kHz, 192kHz, DXD, DSD and 5.1 surround. MQA and FLAC are lossless encodings derived directly from our original production masters. Enjoy the music!

Comment

• garak
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by wettou
                Also since you all like music give this a try the files are phenomenal.

http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html
                How do you send the music to your processor? What format do you download?

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by garak
                  How do you send the music to your processor? What format do you download?
                  I tried the Stereo WAV DXD 24BIT/352.8kHz file and used my Mac woa is all I can say :T

I bought the SACD:B W.A.Mozart: Violin concerto in D major (KV 218) - Allegro Marianne Thorsen / TrondheimSolistene / Øyvind Gimse

Comment

• ChrisssB
                    • Feb 2006

RebelMan is fine.

I spoke to him on the phone last week .........

...... He is simply dealing with several personal and professional complex issues in his life right now that are consuming both his time and attention. ......
                    Neil
                    When you talk to him again Neil, please give him our best wishes so that everything (whatever gives him a rought time) turns fine for him! :T

Comment

• Srrndhound
                      • Sep 2008

One being if he thought I should "experiment" with the 800's parametric EQ which he STRONGLY discouraged me from doing, which coincides with Mike's opinion at Classe/B&W's tech support. They both believed I could do more damage than good without the proper equipment and expertise.
                      I'm curious. What kind of damage would happen?
                      Poor results?
                      Broken speakers?

Comment

• Pace3000
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ChrisssB
                        When you talk to him again Neil, please give him our best wishes so that everything (whatever gives him a rought time) turns fine for him! :T
                        :agree:

I echo that - I don't contribute but regularly read his posts, and it's great the time he puts in to helping and educating us all.

:amen:

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Srrndhound
                          Poor results? Broken speakers?
                          Probably just poor results so if that is the case you can just reset everything to default and you are back to square one:B
                          It is worth the experiment.

How do you think scientific experiments work, you try, try, try and try again until one day it works....:rofl:

Comment

• Gump
                            • Sep 2005

Poor results?
                            Broken speakers?
                            "Damage" may have been a misleading term. Basically, they said that doing the EQ by ear (as opposed to having the computer program, mic, sound meters, etc.) you could adjust one frequency which might adversly effect another frequency. There by thinking that you are improving the sound when in reality the peaks in the other frequencys are becoming worse.

These are my interpretations of what they said put into my own layman's terms. I am a bit technologically challenged.

I left a message with RebelMan yesterday and I missed his call back. He told me he would try me again today and I will try and get some more specific clarification as to what the risks are by just "winging it" with the EQ by ear.

Neil

Comment

• AV-OCD
                              • Aug 2008

I don't see any real "risks" involved with playing with the EQ. Since there is a 3dB boost limit you won't be able to overdrive the amp or the speakers. At most, you won't like the results or you may become frustrated with the experience if attempting to EQ by ear. If you don't know anything about frequency response and EQs, I'm sure that it would be a lot like trying to find your way in the dark in a room that you are unfamiliar with. :W

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                • Sep 2008

Question about EQ
                                Last edited by Srrndhound; 26 November 2008, 17:31 Wednesday. Reason: Moved to another thread

Comment

• wettou
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • May 2006

Question about EQ
                                  What is the question "to EQ or not to EQ" :B

Comment

• ChrisssB
                                    • Feb 2006

Any news from Rebelman?

I mean is he okay?

Comment

• sikoniko
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ChrisssB
                                      Any news from Rebelman?

I mean is he okay?
                                      hes fine. he and I are meeting up at CES,. anyone else going?
                                      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• ChrisssB
                                        • Feb 2006

I wish! but I'd have to cross the Atlantic for that...
                                        Anyway when you meet/speak with him plz give him my best regards :-)

Comment

• RobP
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • Nov 2004

tell Rebelman that we miss him around here!
                                          Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Nolan B
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Sep 2005

me too...this board is less of a place with out him

Comment

• wettou
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                              hes fine. he and I are meeting up at CES,. anyone else going?
                                              I might go for a day or two :T

Comment

Working...
                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                              Search Result for "|||"