X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wer4ccsn
    • Apr 2008

SSP-800 Default Configuration

Hello -
    I understand about having set the fav. Processing for two channel and multi-channel for each input. Also, I do know that in each input that I have, there is a bar that say configuration 1, configuration 2, and so on, each of these bars are blank with no info, only the #1 bar is highlighted, or greyout I think. How do I set up a default configuration for each input? Some of you stated before that we have to have a default configuration set for each input, but I don’t know how. :cry: For example, I have the 800, 5200 and Rotel CD player connected through the 800 with HDMI, How do I set the default configuration for the input? I know that if I set at least a default configuration for one, I will set the rest of them. Please help ;x( and be gentle on your explanation as I am still learning how to maneuver my beloved SSP-800
    Thank you.
    Carlos
  • merlinus
    • Feb 2008

Have you set up one or more configurations (system setup/configuration)?

If so, then you can choose which one you want from the input menu (system setup/input/configuration). The one you select will be highlighted.

You can also change the name of the various configurations so selection will be easier (e.g. 2-CH instead of configuration one, MCH instead of configuration two).

hth...
    merlin

Comment

• merlinus
      • Feb 2008

Configurations

You may already know this. Configurations are for speakers. You can select which ones (front, center, surround, rear, subwoofer), size (small or large), crossover frequency (if you have a subwoofer), distances of each from the listening position, and so on.

You can set up several configurations based upon your inputs and listening choices. I have three. One is for stereo from my CD/SACD player. It includes my subwoofer and front speakers.

Another is for MCH. It includes fronts, center, surrounds, and sub.

A third is for two-channel stereo bypass, which uses the SSP-800 as a preamp with no processing. It uses the AUX outputs to send the signal to my subwoofer in addition to the regular outputs for the fronts.

I have assigned 2-channel to the CD/SACD input, and MCH to my Blu-ray player.
      merlin

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hallo,

This tuesday (04.11.08) I have a B&W man at my home. He come to me with the new SSP800 to mke a installation and a complete system control/check...

If you have any special requests I can turn directly to technical B & W SSP800 who knows better than me and I think of you ...

greetings Omar

Comment

• wer4ccsn
          • Apr 2008

Thank you

Originally posted by style
          Hallo,

This tuesday (04.11.08) I have a B&W man at my home. He come to me with the new SSP800 to mke a installation and a complete system control/check...

If you have any special requests I can turn directly to technical B & W SSP800 who knows better than me and I think of you ...

greetings Omar
          Omar -
          That is very nice of you. Thanks
          Carlos

Comment

• wer4ccsn
            • Apr 2008

Thanks Merlin!

Originally posted by merlinus
            You may already know this. Configurations are for speakers. You can select which ones (front, center, surround, rear, subwoofer), size (small or large), crossover frequency (if you have a subwoofer), distances of each from the listening position, and so on.

You can set up several configurations based upon your inputs and listening choices. I have three. One is for stereo from my CD/SACD player. It includes my subwoofer and front speakers.

Another is for MCH. It includes fronts, center, surrounds, and sub.

A third is for two-channel stereo bypass, which uses the SSP-800 as a preamp with no processing. It uses the AUX outputs to send the signal to my subwoofer in addition to the regular outputs for the fronts.

I have assigned 2-channel to the CD/SACD input, and MCH to my Blu-ray player.
            Merlin -
            Thank you for your prompt reply. i did not know that configurations are only for setting up speakers. I'm about to be living out of town and be out for the whole month, when I come back I will work on this. I appreciated your time and help. Thank you.
            Carlos

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

Hy merlinus,

with the dvd/bd I have the set with discrete.

For set the sub, you can give active, extra bass but the crossover for the sub is not available!?!?!
              For the speakes Ok, no problem but for the sub (well in discrete modus) in not selectable the crossover.

I think that with a different speak on the setup the possiblity selectable are different (i have a german speak from lingauge...) and I have tried with english and french = the possibility are called in differents names.

style

Comment

• merlinus
                • Feb 2008

Correct! I have the same configuration as you for multi-channel. There is no way to specify a crossover for the sub.

But I think that setting the crossover for the speakers is all that is needed.

The same is true for my two-channel stereo configuration. I have fronts set to large with crossover at 60 Hz, sub active and e-bass.
                merlin

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

Hallo Merlinus,

do have tried to change fron discrete to DD prologic 2 or so like that??

home mune: modus. do you have: stereo?
                  and than in the mainMenu system configuration you have for every source
                  in video HDMI and in the audio you have 2 channel to: stereo or what?
                  and than in multichannel you have discrete.

please feed back

Style

Comment

• merlinus
                    • Feb 2008

Hi Style.

MCH is set to discrete, and I can change modes to other processing. I chose discrete so my Blu-ray player can decode the modes that the SSP-800 cannot as yet (until the upgrade board is available).

Two-channel is set to stereo, and I can change to other modes such as DTS Neo:6 Music or Dolby PLIIx Music for surround sound.
                    merlin

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by merlinus
                      MCH is set to discrete, and I can change modes to other processing. I chose discrete so my Blu-ray player can decode the modes that the SSP-800 cannot as yet (until the upgrade board is available).

Two-channel is set to stereo, and I can change to other modes such as DTS Neo:6 Music or Dolby PLIIx Music for surround sound.
                      Merlinus shhh you should not talk about "until the upgrade board is available" you might make some people upset and they might start a poll!!!
                      :B
                      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

Hy Merlinus,

I agree with you.

the set from the speaker (80hz or 60hz.) will be the same for the sub too.

The new codec are in USA in january (later end month) available.. dont worry.

The sound of ssp800 with a single chip is already amazing ... B & W tells me that even with the new coding there will be a difference so great as many people think.
                        You know in the Forum there are many things that people write after you have read and heard from reliable sources .. There are things real and things that are pure science fiction.

Is true that a bluray movie in english can have a bitrate from 30-38 and in german only 20-29 (this bitrate nr. are one exemple..) but the language is chosen to watch a movie too much influence on the sound quality ....(have much influence on the quality audio that follows)

Style

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

The new codec are in USA in january (later end month) available.. dont worry. The sound of ssp800 with a single chip is already amazing ... B & W tells me that even with the new coding there will be a difference so great as many people think. Style
                          Who told you that?:roll:
                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

Hy Merlinus,

with a movie with DTS speak inside you go always with the discrete set or you go change everthing?

Dont worry I'm sure at 100% the new codec for the ssp800 are available from Febraury in USA...
                            I have a friend from a B&W Switzerland and when I need a "gear" I call direct the B&W importer not a B&W dealer I go direct to the "source".... :T
                            My ssp800 I have ordered in August/September and in October the ssp800 has mee been my home directly from the technical B&W and installed.

I have a test with 60hz. and big but I prefer 80hz. and big..in my home sound better...
                            With your sacd you go in stereo, well you go with a cinch cables in the SSP800 for the 2channel. If you will all the 5 channel in stereo you muss go with 5chinc from the (sa)cd player to theo ssp800 input correct?

I have a dvd/cd player compatible with sacd but with a sacd DISC I muss the cinch too attack/connect the only hdmi is not enough well?
                            in the ssp800 setup you can read : hdmi (audio) = video dont go. Correct?

style

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

Dont worry I'm sure at 100% the new codec for the ssp800 are available from Febraury in USA... I have a friend from a B&W Switzerland and when I need a "gear" I call direct the B&W importer not a B&W dealer I go direct to the "source".... :T style
                              Oh now it's February? last time it was January :B Tomorrow it will be March or may be April 1st :B I am not sure your sources are so well informed?

Ok Style, just tell us you don't have a clue remember Classé SSP-800 was supposed to be out early this year and they started shipping 9 months later...oops it happens better late with a great product....

Classé tech people and marketing employees read these threads so may be they would care to comment as to when CLASSÉ will launch CLASSÉ SSP-800 with new codec??? :lol:
                              Last edited by wettou; 10 November 2008, 14:51 Monday.

Comment

• style
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006

wettou,

ma ci sei o ci fai?

new codec are in USA in january (later end month) available..
                                from Febraury in USA...
                                January,February,March,April...
                                Ok, machen wir einfacher....1,2,3,4,....

Tu y arrive ou quoi?

als je kunt kopen een SSP800 spreekt nu speelt met uw Integra.....

Style

Comment

• merlinus
                                  • Feb 2008

Hy Merlinus,

with a movie with DTS speak inside you go always with the discrete set or you go change everthing?

I have a test with 60hz. and big but I prefer 80hz. and big..in my home sound better...
                                  With your sacd you go in stereo, well you go with a cinch cables in the SSP800 for the 2channel. If you will all the 5 channel in stereo you muss go with 5chinc from the (sa)cd player to theo ssp800 input correct?

I have a dvd/cd player compatible with sacd but with a sacd DISC I muss the cinch too attack/connect the only hdmi is not enough well?
                                  in the ssp800 setup you can read : hdmi (audio) = video dont go. Correct?

style
                                  I leave the discrete mode for my Blu-ray player no matter what kind of disc. Seems to work fine. It does not play SACDs. I use HDMI from it to the SSP-800.

80Hz crossover made the bass too muddy, so I changed it to 60Hz.

My SACD player is stereo only, not MCH, and I use XLR cables (I think this is what you are calling cinch?). It does not have HDMI output.
                                  merlin

Comment

• style
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Feb 2006

Hallo Merlinus,

well is you have XLR I/O in your cd player go with him - 110ohm in place fromthe RCA(=cinch) 75ohm your sound wil be sure better....

I have the dvd, bluray and hd all in discrete mode: the technical of the B&W that I installed the ssp800 told me that it is the best setup.

Style

Comment

• wettou
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • May 2006

wettou, ma ci sei o ci fai? January,February,March,April...
                                      Ok, machen wir einfacher....1,2,3,4,.... Tu y arrive ou quoi? als je kunt kopen een SSP800 spreekt nu speelt met uw Integra..... Style
                                      Omar/Style Keep your insults in English at least I can understand, if you think I am impressed about your other languages who care ;x(

As far as I know you probably speak all theses languages as poorly as English so just ......;s@

Comment

• style
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Feb 2006

wettou,

I can French or? in elfbi forum you write in English and you write: "please give me reponse in english or French for me is the same..."

Yes, you have right, my English is not good. ops:

In any case I will not insult you, do not go down well below ....

each one collects what seeding :E :E

Style

Comment

• wettou
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • May 2006

wettou, I can French or? in elfbi forum you write in English and you write: "please give me reponse in english or French for me is the same..." Yes, you have right, my English is not good. ops: In any case I will not insult you, do not go down well below .... each one collects what seeding :E :E Style
                                          What ever :Z

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"