X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msm
    • Aug 2008

CDP-300 - Still worth buying?

How good is the CDP-300? My SSP-800 came in today and I have the chance to also pick up the 300 at a decent price. Currently I am using my PS3 to up convert all SD dvd's and it is doing a fine job but with blu-ray and digital downloads becoming more main stream, is the 300 still worth buying?
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by msm
    How good is the CDP-300? My SSP-800 came in today and I have the chance to also pick up the 300 at a decent price. Currently I am using my PS3 to up convert all SD dvd's and it is doing a fine job but with blu-ray and digital downloads becoming more main stream, is the 300 still worth buying?
    Decent price?

Not from my perspective a Sony BDP-S550 will deliver a lot more for a lot less. 1080p Blu Ray
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• msm
      • Aug 2008

Right now, I am not really considering any other blu-ray player since from what I read the PS3 is still the best one on the market. I was just considering the 300 in addition for normal dvd's and cd's.

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

stick with the PS3.
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Hi msm,

was just considering the 300 in addition for normal dvd's and cd's.
          go with the cdT300. same as cdp without decoding inside. BUT if you have the ssp800 you dont need another decodec,scaler or so like that....
          SSP800 HAVE ALL INSIDE :T (and with the cdp300 you go have a double decoder,.. but only ONE WILL WORK and you save $$$$$

money save --> go with sony S550 only for Blueray.

Personaly I like have one player only for the standard dvd and cd AND a BD player specific...

greetings Omar

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by msm
            Right now, I am not really considering any other blu-ray player since from what I read the PS3 is still the best one on the market. I was just considering the 300 in addition for normal dvd's and cd's.
            PS3 is all you need then. In addition rip your music to an iPod on Apple Loosless and get a Wadia 170i make sure your iPod is not too old.

I love the look of the CDP-300 but it is expensive for just looks :B
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by style
              Hi msm,

go with the cdT300. same as cdp without decoding inside. BUT if you have the ssp800 you dont need another decodec,scaler or so like that....
              SSP800 HAVE ALL INSIDE :T (and with the cdp300 you go have a double decoder,.. but only ONE WILL WORK and you save $$$$$

money save --> go with sony S550 only for Blueray.

Personaly I like have one player only for the standard dvd and cd AND a BD player specific...

greetings Omar
              Omar, I think you are blurring the lines here on what the SSP-800 can and can not do.

The SSP-800 does NOT have a scaler built in. The idea is that your source device and/or your projector will have one, so why put a third one in the mix? Reduce cost and bring savings down to customer on a feature that will get outdated in short order.

The problem, for me, on the Classe DVD players is that they don't support 1080p/24. I don't have a projector that does, so it isn't an issue for me personally, but I won't buy a product that I believe is missing a major feature, as my projector will get replaced next year. The other issue is that I don't believe it sends audio out HDMI.

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

Hi sikoniko,

that right. The SSP800 dont can all.
                but for video (movie) with the cdt300 and the cdp300 you dont have any difference!
                the Video quality come from the scaler in your beamer or plasma. A video processor like DVDO is the only scaler that make sense to buy with the combo SSP800 & CA5200 or so like that.. --> the native video resolution is the more important (1080P/24frame)

I dont no if the Classe dvd player support the 24frame or no...
                Sorry but a video processor is sure inside in the ssp800 but is not so important becouse the scaler in the beamer or plasma give you the immagine.
                Sure the diffenrece between the scaler in the plasma/beamer versus the DVDO scaler make one difference.
                you buy what do you need or?
                The other issue is that I don't believe it sends audio out HDMI
                well, you like go with the component?? or only for audio you like more a analog cabling?
                at upgrade from DVI to hdmi is that the HDMI support video&audio - DVI no!

Omar

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                  The problem, for me, on the Classe DVD players is that they don't support 1080p/24. I don't have a projector that does, so it isn't an issue for me personally, but I won't buy a product that I believe is missing a major feature, as my projector will get replaced next year. The other issue is that I don't believe it sends audio out HDMI.
                  Interesting and yet you bought the Classé SSP-800 without the new codec decoding capabilities? :E

Comment

• hifiguymi
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007

What DVD players do? I've never seen a DVD player that does 1080/24p.

Eric

Comment

• sikoniko
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

Hi sikoniko,
                      well, you like go with the component?? or only for audio you like more a analog cabling?
                      at upgrade from DVI to hdmi is that the HDMI support video&audio - DVI no!

Omar
                      If you use component, the CDP will not "upconvert" the signal. You will be stuck with 480i or 480p.

There is no scaling in the SSP-800.

Comment

• sikoniko
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by wettou
                        Interesting and yet you bought the Classé SSP-800 without the new codec decoding capabilities? :E
                        I did buy it. I can decode in the player. I don't suspect I will ever use the proc' to decode the formats. Even when the new DSP chip is out. Anything is possible though.

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                          What DVD players do? I've never seen a DVD player that does 1080/24p. Eric
                          Oppo DV-983H ($399) is the best DVD layer out there for a tenth of the price

Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, OPPO Digital designs and markets high quality digital electronics that deliver style, performance, innovation, and value to A/V enthusiasts and savvy consumers alike. The company's attention to core product performance and strong customer focus distinguishes it from traditional consumer-electronics brands.

I can't wait for their universal Blu Ray player

Comment

• sikoniko
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by hifiguymi

Eric
                            I don't know. I haven't shopped for a DVD player since I bought an Onkyo SP-somethin-er-other which was replaced by a toshiba HDDVD player.

The point is, IMO, DVD players are obsolete. unless you are buying a sub-$50 DVD player for a car/boat/spare bedroom, I think it is silly to buy a DVD player anymore. format war is over. just my opinion and noone has to share it.

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

DVD players are obsolete.
                              YES agreed, old technology but whe you have 500+ DVds and don't want to wait for the blu ray player to start then a good Oppo is nice

Comment

• style
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by sikoniko
                                DVD players are obsolete.
                                Personaly I like see movie on SD DVD. Obsolete? wow, is a big word.
                                You see your movie with a memory stick or so like that? or always in DVD but
                                in a evolution called DVD in HighDefinition = always DVD format?

Videoprocessoer or Scaler like DVDO is not presente in the SSP800 BUT sorry a video card, for see in 480/576i without a possibility to UPscaling the signal to 1080Progressive IS PRESENT in the SSP800 like in EVERY reciever from the basic models any brand.

the Denon BD2500Transport and BD3800 with decoder inside.. we have the same discussion. the BD2500T or the BD3800 with the Denon AVP 1HD....you go see a movie in 1080P/24f. thanks as the AVP1HD not thank the 3800 and he more possibility ...you have the same movie (video and quanlity performance) with the the 2500or3800 or no?

Originally Posted by hifiguymi

Eric
                                I agree. SD DVD will be max. 480/576...The native possibilty from the plasma or beamer with the SD DVD dont get up.

Dont mix potato and salad ops:

Omar

Comment

• skuzzyb
                                  • Mar 2006

Can you really tell the difference between 1080/24 and 1080p/60? Most of us cannot and it is only academic. The "film like picture, blah, blah" is just another great marketing hype IMHO

The CDP300 makes sense if you are looking to match your components , but IMHO there are a lot better CD players and DVD players with scalers out there. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the CDP300 is not a good CD player but if you want a player that plays CDs greatly stick to dedicated players. As for DVD players, given that at the moment there is not a lot that separates BD players in terms of PQ, they are all much of the same muchness so the PS3 will be as almost as good if not as good as the next one.

Usually you find that most players with good scalers especially if they have the realta chip in it are better than what is being done at the TV/projector, not all, but most, and as such it makes sense to get a player with the best scaler out there and let it do the job of scaling, let the display device worry about doing just that, displaying whatever image it receives.

The format war may be over but the real competition for BD is streaming video and the good old DVD. Why is that? Well, BluRay discs are still way too expensive and if you do not care about the interactive features, I for one want to watch a movie not play with it, then most consumers are still voting with their wallets and are buying DVDs which cost 50%+ less than BluRay.

I hope I am not a proxy for the buying public because I have had a BD player for almost a year now and have one title. Too cheap to pay more for a movie than it is to go to the movies for two.

skz

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by skuzzyb
                                    Too cheap to pay more for a movie than it is to go to the movies for two. skz
                                    $10 per ticket (x4) + gas + drinks and or popcorn's = $70 no thanks

I will stay home have better quality picture, sound and seating

Comment

• sikoniko
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2003

love a little controversy.

The BD players coming out today have scalers in them that upscale as good as or better than the DVD players available for a premium. IMO, there is no reason for redundant hardware for the sake of redundant hardware. The only reason I bought the Oppo is for SACD/DVD-A. The PS3 is good enough for me for SDDVD.

Comment

• skuzzyb
                                        • Mar 2006

In my case $10/ ticket (x2), not far to go.... and too cheap for drinks as they are overpriced. Anyway, I still think that BluRay discs are too expensive at the moment. When they become a commodity... and they will, then I will start buying them, in the meanwhile I will continue to buy standard DVDs and let my player do the scaling, maybe not as good as BluRay but a hell of a lot cheaper. The fact of the matter is that five years ago or even less we were all quite happy with standard def DVDs but now we are saying it is all crap and we have to get BluRay... no thanks at this price.

By the way, I am playing devil's advocate because I do believe it is much better at home where I too have better seating, environment, sound and picture quality and most importantly I do not have to pay an arm and a leg for a decent glass of wine.

skz

Comment

• skuzzyb
                                          • Mar 2006

love a little controversy.

The BD players coming out today have scalers in them that upscale as good as or better than the DVD players available for a premium. IMO, there is no reason for redundant hardware for the sake of redundant hardware. The only reason I bought the Oppo is for SACD/DVD-A. The PS3 is good enough for me for SDDVD.

I don't disagree with that. If you buy a premium priced standard DVD player today for watching DVDs you should have you head examined.

skz

Comment

• wettou
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • May 2006

Anyway, I still think that BluRay discs are too expensive at the moment. When they become a commodity... and they will, then I will start buying them
                                            I bought all my Blu ray movies on sales ranging from $13.99 to $18.99 the average price paid was $15.99 and so far I have collected a few good sci-fi movies:

-The Fifth Element (Remastered)
                                            - Planet of the Apes
                                            - Fantastic 4
                                            - Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer
                                            - Transformer
                                            - iRobot
                                            - Stargate
                                            - Blade Runner
                                            - Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
                                            - Hitman
                                            - District B13
                                            - Live Free
                                            - X Men III
                                            - Independence day
                                            - Transporter
                                            - Kiss of the dragon
                                            - Shoot'Em Up
                                            - Cars
                                            - Meet the Robinsons
                                            - Mr Brooks
                                            - V Vendetta
                                            - Pirates of the Caribbean at world end

By the way, I am playing devil's advocate because I do believe it is much better at home where I too have better seating, environment, sound and picture quality and most importantly I do not have to pay an arm and a leg for a decent glass of wine. skz
                                            I could not agree more:T

Comment

• style
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Feb 2006

Hallo wettou & skuzzyb,

wow, the blueray have a very nice price in USA!!! and 99% always with a DTS Master HD, DD+,... as speak / bitrate ca. 35 pro sec. in english versus
                                              German/French in DD normal and 20 bitrate....

The price from a blueray in Switzerland is ca. chf. 55.- for a "new" movie like
                                              "No country for old men" --> chf. 55.- = $. 50.- ca!!!!

If you go buy a 10movies .....

TO MUCH EXPENSIVE and NON-PERFORMANCE (in audio)!!!

well, the SD DVD is not death.......(in europa)

Omar

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Aug 2003

Hallo wettou & skuzzyb,

wow, the blueray have a very nice price in USA!!! and 99% always with a DTS Master HD, DD+,... as speak / bitrate ca. 35 pro sec. in english versus
                                                German/French in DD normal and 20 bitrate....

The price from a blueray in Switzerland is ca. chf. 55.- for a "new" movie like
                                                "No country for old men" --> chf. 55.- = $. 50.- ca!!!!

If you go buy a 10movies .....

TO MUCH EXPENSIVE and NON-PERFORMANCE (in audio)!!!

well, the SD DVD is not death.......(in europa)

Omar
                                                its funny the things we take for granted over here.

Comment

• style
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Feb 2006

its funny the things we take for granted over here.
                                                  Over Price from a Blueray and quality in Europa or what?!

go see yourself: cede.ch
                                                  movie, music,... 8in CHF. make the change in $$$$ and be happy.

Omar

Comment

• style
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Feb 2006

The Hard 2: 58 minuti per morire
                                                    The Hard 4: Dead or Life
                                                    Spiderman 1
                                                    Spiderman 2
                                                    Spiderman 3
                                                    Enemy of the State
                                                    Out in 60 seconcs
                                                    Face / Off
                                                    Oceans Thirteen
                                                    Pirati dei Cairaibi 3 - Pirates of the Caribbean at world end
                                                    Blood Diamond
                                                    Resident Evil
                                                    Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse
                                                    Resident Evil 3: Extintion
                                                    Underworld
                                                    Underworld Evolution
                                                    Dejà Vu
                                                    Hostel
                                                    Hostel II
                                                    ConAir
                                                    Trappola in alto mare /
                                                    Casino Royale
                                                    Vertical limit
                                                    xXx
                                                    Black Howk Down
                                                    The Rock
                                                    Identity
                                                    Alien vs. Predator
                                                    Alien vs. Predator II Requiem
                                                    The Interpreter
                                                    Ronin
                                                    Air force One
                                                    28 weeks later
                                                    Dragon Wars
                                                    Sleuth
                                                    Hitmann
                                                    The Bone Collector
                                                    Eastern Promises
                                                    The Departed
                                                    Alpha Dog
                                                    The Day after tomarrow
                                                    I am legend
                                                    Templar / National Treasure
                                                    Templar 2 / Il mistero della pagine perdute
                                                    The Devil's Own
                                                    Ghost Rider
                                                    The Replacement Killers
                                                    Thir13en Ghosts
                                                    The 6Th. Day
                                                    Wall Street
                                                    Lara Croft Tomb Raider
                                                    Lara Croft Tomb Raider 2
                                                    Rising sun
                                                    X-Man 3
                                                    The Covenant
                                                    Io, Robot
                                                    Sweeney Todd
                                                    The recruit
                                                    10'000 BC
                                                    Sunshine
                                                    Pathfinder
                                                    Vantage Point
                                                    Chain reaction
                                                    Independence Day
                                                    There will be blood
                                                    Natural Born Killers
                                                    Jumper
                                                    Hollow man
                                                    No country for old man
                                                    Transformer
                                                    Almoust famous
                                                    Rolling Stones Shine a light
                                                    Batman begins

Here my Blueray collection at end of Setpember....

Originally Posted by wettou

I agree too

Omar

Comment

• wettou
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • May 2006

Style what a collection, whoa prices in electronics are always much higher in Europe than in the US. I never understood that? Maybe it is because Japan is further away? not

To go back to the original question I would agree don't waist your money on a DVD player. I am wondering if Classé is working on a blu ray?

Comment

• Gump
                                                        • Sep 2005

My wife ordered me a new PS3 80Gb as a Christmas gift and it arrived a couple of days ago. She asked me to look at it and make sure it was ok and is what I wanted. Well, a couple of glasses of wine later I had her talked into letting me hook it up and make sure it worked alright. (This hobby has really made me twisted ops: ). End result is: Christmas came early for me! :B. (She told me she was going to wrap the empty box and put it under the tree for me 8) )

So, NOW I know what all the fuss is about! The only Blu ray movie I had on hand was the new "Sleeping Beauty" (kids ya' know?), but it looked stunning on the Pio Kuro. Detailed, vivid colors--- just exceptionally awsome.

Audio was just hooked up to the TV due to no processor-----yet. Per the tracking number my SSP-800 is due in the house this Monday. Then I can "discover" the new codec sound as well :T .

The new PS3's do NOT have SACD capability, which disappointed me. Hopefully, my Oppo 981 will sustain me for awhile until the new Sony ES SACD player is out.

Did I mention I was excited about Monday? :drool:

Comment

• style
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Feb 2006

Hy Gump,

personaly I have sell my PS3 60gb.. now I have the sony S300 abd i go buy the new S350 or S550....

My SSP800 will be in my home next week-end :T , yours come or what is happens?

omar

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Gump
                                                            My wife ordered me a new PS3 80Gb as a Christmas gift and it arrived a couple of days ago. She asked me to look at it and make sure it was ok and is what I wanted. Well, a couple of glasses of wine later I had her talked into letting me hook it up and make sure it worked alright. (This hobby has really made me twisted ops: ). End result is: Christmas came early for me! :B. (She told me she was going to wrap the empty box and put it under the tree for me 8) )

So, NOW I know what all the fuss is about! The only Blu ray movie I had on hand was the new "Sleeping Beauty" (kids ya' know?), but it looked stunning on the Pio Kuro. Detailed, vivid colors--- just exceptionally awsome.

Audio was just hooked up to the TV due to no processor-----yet. Per the tracking number my SSP-800 is due in the house this Monday. Then I can "discover" the new codec sound as well :T .

The new PS3's do NOT have SACD capability, which disappointed me. Hopefully, my Oppo 981 will sustain me for awhile until the new Sony ES SACD player is out.

Did I mention I was excited about Monday? :drool:
                                                            Now you need to go to this page: http://www.ir2bt.com/ and order the ir2bt. It works great and allows me to control my PS3 with my Harmony One! :T

Comment

• Gump
                                                              • Sep 2005

Hy Gump,

personaly I have sell my PS3 60gb.. now I have the sony S300 abd i go buy the new S350 or S550....

My SSP800 will be in my home next week-end :T , yours come or what is happens?

omar
                                                              This Monday, my friend! :T

Comment

• Gump
                                                                • Sep 2005

Now you need to go to this page: http://www.ir2bt.com/ and order the ir2bt. It works great and allows me to control my PS3 with my Harmony One! :T
                                                                That looks pretty nifty....must be popular since they're sold out.
                                                                I included my Harmony remote in the sale of my MX-135, so I'll have to check into getting a new one. In the interim I was going to pick up a PS3 standard remote ($20). Using the game controller for movies is driving me a little batty, probably just takes some getting used.

Hey sikoniko,

I was wondering if you compared the sound of your PS3 SACD with your Oppo 980's SACD and if you noticed a difference?

(apologies to the OP, I know all of this is off your topic)

Neil

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Gump
                                                                  That looks pretty nifty....must be popular since they're sold out.
                                                                  I included my Harmony remote in the sale of my MX-135, so I'll have to check into getting a new one. In the interim I was going to pick up a PS3 standard remote ($20). Using the game controller for movies is driving me a little batty, probably just takes some getting used.

Hey sikoniko,

I was wondering if you compared the sound of your PS3 SACD with your Oppo 980's SACD and if you noticed a difference?

(apologies to the OP, I know all of this is off your topic)

Neil
                                                                  No, I have not - but I don't think there should be a difference. I like the Oppo because it also plays DVD-A's. My wife and I went to Vegas in May for a conference and she surprised me with tickets to see The Beatles Love (cirque de soleil). I have the DVD-A and I love to listen to it to recreate that night at my house.

Comment

• msm
                                                                    • Aug 2008

Well I ended up picking up the CDP-300, Elite Blu-ray player, my SSP-800, and upgraded to the CA-5200 from a 5100, everything will be in tomorrow and I guess that will be the true test if the 300 was worth the money I spent on it...

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by msm
                                                                      Well I ended up picking up the CDP-300, Elite Blu-ray player, my SSP-800, and upgraded to the CA-5200 from a 5100, everything will be in tomorrow and I guess that will be the true test if the 300 was worth the money I spent on it...
                                                                      quite an investment! congrats!

Comment

• msm
                                                                        • Aug 2008

quite an investment! congrats!
                                                                        Thanks. I am still having second thoughts about the CDP but I will know for sure tomorrow.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2006
                                                                          • 3389

Originally posted by msm
                                                                          The holiday season came early! Enjoy I tell you life is too short and on top of it who knows what the future holds? :B

I am also considering a few upgrades

- Classé SSP-800 (after the new codecs are integrated in the upgrade)

- Sony SCD-XA5400ES

- Sony BDP-5000ES Blu ray Player

- Denon AH-D7000 Headphones
                                                                          Attached Files

Comment

• beden1
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Oct 2006
                                                                            • 1676

The holiday season came early! Enjoy I tell you life is too short and on top of it who knows what the future holds? :B

I am also considering a few upgrades

- Classé SSP-800 (after the new codecs are integrated in the upgrade)

- Sony SCD-XA5400ES

- Sony BDP-5000ES Blu ray Player

- Denon AH-D7000 Headphones
                                                                            Now you're talking my language. I absolutely love my SCD-XA9000ES, and if the new SCD-XA5400ES sounds as good, you'll be in listener heaven.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the BDP-5000ES blu-ray player, as I have no doubt that Sony will have acheived great sound along with the hi-def picture.

Comment

• alebonau
                                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                                              • Oct 2005
                                                                              • 992

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by beden1
                                                                              Now you're talking my language. I absolutely love my SCD-XA9000ES, and if the new SCD-XA5400ES sounds as good, you'll be in listener heaven.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the BDP-5000ES blu-ray player, as I have no doubt that Sony will have acheived great sound along with the hi-def picture.
                                                                              as per beden I too own the 9000es and if the 5400 is anything like it would agree it would be well worth checking out. looking forward to seeing what the 5000es blu-ray player is like too

ps wetou forget about the denon headphones theres much better around in my opinion. check out the senheiser HD650 the audio technica and AKG equivalents I reckon if looking for headphone glory. ps if looking for headphones in this league remember to partner it with a top class headphone amp, you usually need to spend about as much as on the amp as the headphones to do them justice. I'm in headphone heaven, running a senn hd650 with mf x-can v3 valve hadphone amp, also got a little audio alchemy pure class A which runs as warm as it sounds hehe

ps in all this I certainly would not give up on the cdp-300 where it would shine would be in its analog outputs I reckon and still worth considering
                                                                              "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• style
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Feb 2006
                                                                                • 1562

#40
                                                                                hi,
                                                                                the new blueray player coming... with new perfomance, and what for performance.

But personaly I prefer have one cd-player, one dvd player and a bluray player!....well have a dvd-cd player AND the blueray-player at today for me is one thing needed
                                                                                (whatever the brand...)

the only in one --> no thanks!

whit a player like Esoteric or the cdp300 and a little Sony s550 fur the BD.

You talk about SACDnot always but often...(I'm happy for you) in Europe SACD format CDs are very difficult to find!

Omar

Comment

• alebonau
                                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                  • Oct 2005
                                                                                  • 992

#41
                                                                                  hi,

But personaly I prefer have one cd-player, one dvd player and a bluray player!....well have a dvd-cd player AND the blueray-player at today for me is one thing needed
                                                                                  (whatever the brand...)

You talk about SACDnot always but often...(I'm happy for you) in Europe SACD format CDs are very difficult to find!

Omar
                                                                                  dont use my blu-ray player for CD either omar. I have "one for each" too actually hehe

ofcourse have to have one of each in my case too. love my rega p25 record player with ortofon jubilee and nothing else I have plays vinyl, need my sony 9000es as nothing else I have or experienced does sacd anything like it and have to have my musical fidelity a5cd as just love its valve output into the rest of my musical fidelity 2ch gear. and ofcourse have to have my pio lx70a blu-ray as nothing else does blu-ray and wouldnt use it for anything else as its pretty awefull at CD and DVD is only other thing would ever think of using it for :B

hence why I too suggest to not write off the classe cdp-300 it might turn out for you a bloody good cd player especially if using it with anything that does a decent job of its analog output

ps sacd hard to find in oz as well, but that doesnt stop us we just buy off the net from acoustic sounds and elusive disc and the like

Comment

• style
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • Feb 2006
                                                                                    • 1562

#42
                                                                                    Hallo alebonau,

haha one very audio fan! :T

You have the Toshiba HDEX1, I too (software vers.3) well you can utilise the Toshiba to play your CD :rofl:

the Rega with any words --> :T

I go replace my system from MC205 with the Rotel Rsp1068 with a new rack
                                                                                    finite elemente Pagode and the Classe ssp800 with the CA5200.

A dvd player with a VERY good performance for the cd can be one Esoteric
                                                                                    ティアック株式会社は、創業以来70年以上培ってきた記録・再生技術を基盤に、オーディオ・レコーディング機器、産業用記録再生装置などの製品を開発・販売するエレクトロニクスメーカーです。

or much much better a DCS Puccini ;x( ;x(

@beden1&wettou: thisis a sacd player not a sony with all respect for your choice...

greetings omar

Comment

• style
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Feb 2006
                                                                                      • 1562

#43
                                                                                      Another link to see graet pictures:

I think like you I see the pictures not the descriptions....

Omar

Comment

• alebonau
                                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                        • Oct 2005
                                                                                        • 992

#44
                                                                                        Hallo alebonau,

haha one very audio fan! :T

You have the Toshiba HDEX1, I too (software vers.3) well you can utilise the Toshiba to play your CD :rofl:

the Rega with any words --> :T

I go replace my system from MC205 with the Rotel Rsp1068 with a new rack
                                                                                        finite elemente Pagode and the Classe ssp800 with the CA5200.

A dvd player with a VERY good performance for the cd can be one Esoteric
                                                                                        ティアック株式会社は、創業以来70年以上培ってきた記録・再生技術を基盤に、オーディオ・レコーディング機器、産業用記録再生装置などの製品を開発・販売するエレクトロニクスメーカーです。

or much much better a DCS Puccini ;x( ;x(

@beden1&wettou: thisis a sacd player not a sony with all respect for your choice...

greetings omar
                                                                                        ah I see a audio lover there as well omar. I used to own an xe1 at one stage. it is one of the most god awefull cd players you could come across hehe ! if not the sound, the noise from its fan would surely annoy :rofl:

DCS puccini very nice ! the esoterics are very nice too I'm sure. I still own for my headphoen system a teac esoteric CD transport from 15 years ago and it is still a wonderfull machine

the best system I have ever heard had a full dcs stack feeding it, local halcro mono bloc amps and verity floorstanders. the guys from verity & dcs came out them selves to make sure the sytem was setup properly. and boy was it something to behold. not something I could afford unfortunately but for me and some friends of mine it made for a very enjoyable evening.

wow some very nice equipment there in the japanese link

Comment

• skuzzyb
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Mar 2006
                                                                                          • 106

#45
                                                                                          hi,

(whatever the brand...)

Omar
                                                                                          An expensive way to do it but I too have players that perform specific tasks... my CD Player does that, it just spins discs for my two channel music which is all of my collection, my DVD player handles my standard Def DVDs and upconverts them, and my BluRay player plays the one title that I have.

Waiting for a big sale on BD as my average price of my SD discs have been $9.00 and as I said before, too cheap to pay a lot more.

skz

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"