X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

CAN Bus

I am officially saving for the SSP 800. I noticed at my dealer the ability to monitor components (classe components) via the CAN bus connection. I personally think this is a great feature and very useful. I remember reading there were some issues with getting it to work properly so I was wondering if someone could list all the things you can do with this connection and all issues or limitations.

I also saw the option for a "test email". I have my pioneer signature kuro hooked up to my network at home and its able to send me test emails providing me with a whole list of information. Does the 800 work in the same way? can it be hooked up to a network and if so does it have a wed server?
    Last edited by Nolan B; 04 October 2008, 15:35 Saturday.
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Vancouver
    I am officially saving for the SSP 800. I noticed at my dealer the ability to monitor components (classe components) via the CAN bus connection. I personally think this is a great feature and very useful. I remember reading there were some issues with getting it to work properly so I was wondering if someone could list all the things you can do with this connection and all thing issues or limitations.

I also saw the option for a "test email". I have my pioneer signature juro hooked up to me network at home and its able to send me test emails providing me with a whole list of information. Does the 800 work in the same way? can it be hooked up to a network and if so does it have a wed server?
    Nolan,

I am unsure what the "test email" feature does, or if it is fully implemented. I will ask Dave next time I communicate with him.

I mainly use CANBUS as a trigger supplement. When I power on my Proc, it powers on my amps. The coolest feature it offers IMO is "Playlink". If you have a Classe CDP hooked up to your pre it will automatically switch inputs when you insert a disk and push play. I no longer have a classe CDP, so it doesn't do anything.

I have wondered if it would be possible for Classe to disable channels that aren't being used. for example, if I am watching a movie, I need all channels active. If I want to listen to 2 channel, I only need 2 channels active. It would be cool if the remaining channels would go into standby if I selected a configuration that only had 2 active channels.

I would also like to see Classe work with Rotel, and allow Rotel to integrate CANBUS, so for people like me, who step up, would be able to take advantage of the same feature set. Even though they are both owned by B&W, they are considered competitors, I believe.

Dan
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

I am officially saving for the SSP 800. I noticed at my dealer the ability to monitor components (classe components) via the CAN bus connection. I personally think this is a great feature and very useful. I remember reading there were some issues with getting it to work properly so I was wondering if someone could list all the things you can do with this connection and all thing issues or limitations.
      The only issues I can remember were with the SSP-300 and SSP-600. There was a separate CANBUS interface box that you needed to make it work. The only other thing was some of the first Delta Series components needed a firmware update to activate the CANBUS that that was a while ago.

As far as how well it works, it's great. CANBUS will trigger any Classe Delta Series component on and off, give you incoming voltage of each component, heatsink temperatures of the amp(s) output stage and power supply, and the temp of the power supply of all Delta Series components. If you have a Delta Series disc player, the preamp will switch to the appropriate input when you hit play (it's called PlayLink). If there is an error with a component the error will be displayed on the LCD. All in all, it's very cool.

I also saw the option for a "test email". I have my pioneer signature juro hooked up to me network at home and its able to send me test emails providing me with a whole list of information. Does the 800 work in the same way? can it be hooked up to a network and if so does it have a wed server?
      The SSP-800 doesn't do that as far as I know.

How do you like the PRO-141FD (I'm assuming that is the panel you have)? It's pretty awesome isn't it?

Eric

Comment

• Hberg
        • Apr 2008

Test Email

Originally posted by sikoniko
        Nolan,

I am unsure what the "test email" feature does, or if it is fully implemented. I will ask Dave next time I communicate with him.

Dan
        I am not for sure, but I think the "Test Email" is for automation/remote equipment like Crestron. Like I said I don't know this for sure, but it would make sense to me.

H'berg
        "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Hberg
          I am not for sure, but I think the "Test Email" is for automation/remote equipment like Crestron. Like I said I don't know this for sure, but it would make sense to me.

H'berg
          Is rs232 capable of smtp?

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
            The only issues I can remember were with the SSP-300 and SSP-600. There was a separate CANBUS interface box that you needed to make it work. The only other thing was some of the first Delta Series components needed a firmware update to activate the CANBUS that that was a while ago.

As far as how well it works, it's great. CANBUS will trigger any Classe Delta Series component on and off, give you incoming voltage of each component, heatsink temperatures of the amp(s) output stage and power supply, and the temp of the power supply of all Delta Series components. If you have a Delta Series disc player, the preamp will switch to the appropriate input when you hit play (it's called PlayLink). If there is an error with a component the error will be displayed on the LCD. All in all, it's very cool.

The SSP-800 doesn't do that as far as I know.

How do you like the PRO-141FD (I'm assuming that is the panel you have)? It's pretty awesome isn't it?

Eric
            thanks for the detailed explanation. Those are all very cool features.

I love my 141. Every time I watch it i am in awe of the PQ.I will go out on a limb and say its the best TV ever made

Comment

• Hberg
              • Apr 2008

"Test Email ...?"

Originally posted by sikoniko
              Is rs232 capable of smtp?
              Like I said I am not sure. Maybe the wise RebelMan will have an answer for us in a short time.
              "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• impala454
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2007

CAN bus is used in most newer vehicles for connecting everything (switches, locks, lights, dash, everything) to the vehicle's central computer (usually called a BCM or "body control module"). I have done some limited programming using the ODB port on my truck and suspect this would be very similar. It is essentially a serial connection and the messages are just regular old AT commands like a modem would use. I know none of this is specific to your Rotel gear, but I would suspect the communications are very similar and thought I'd throw that tidbit in. The hardest part of CAN bus programming is finding the messages, as most of the time they're proprietary (at least in automakers it is, not sure how Rotel would do it).
                -Chuck

Comment

• Classe4me
                  • Dec 2007

Amp info

After successfully installing my CAN-Bus system today I was able to see and do all of the neat things I have been missing. When I clicked on the amp status the upper set of leds were alternating between blue and red. The lower set were all flashing pink or magenta with the exception of #2. I accessed the event log on the amp and am thinking that it has remembered every fault code that it has experienced since I switched it out from the CA-5100. I had channel 2 (the center on mine) to go into protection twice and it let me know that. There was no reset on the history so I am wondering if it keeps all of the fault codes in it's memory?

It was a neat surprise to see the pink or magenta colored leds and I was hoping that when you selected the regional color modes that perhaps the leds on the amp would show up in red, green, silver, etc.

It will be interesting to see what Classe does with it's software or firmware updates in the future for such an interesting concept.

The best surprise of all was not having to update any of the software or firmware on any of the three pieces and not one glitch that I know of.

I think it's safe to assume there are updates available that I could do but they aren't and weren't necessary to download to make everything work.

If anybody is familiar with some of the latest updates and what they might do and would be kind enough to share them with me, I would be grateful.

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

I got CAN BUS hooked up today. I love the ability to monitor things and glad I can free up a trigger.

2 questions:

1.) Why is the event log greyed out for my 5100?

2.) Does anyone know the ideal temperature range the AMPs and SSPs should be in? This info does not appear to be in the manual so I thought I would ask here before asking Classe.

Comment

• style
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Feb 2006

Hi sikoniko
                      I have wondered if it would be possible for Classe to disable channels that aren't being used. for example, if I am watching a movie, I need all channels active. If I want to listen to 2 channel, I only need 2 channels active. It would be cool if the remaining channels would go into standby if I selected a configuration that only had 2 active channels.
                      with the CA5200 is not possible. with a CA3200&CA2200 you can play a cd 2 ch. and with the configuration fron the trigger only the CA2200 go in ON. the CA3200 stay in offor better stand-by.
                      The CA5200 work always: with your car at the red light you go stop: the engine is quitebut is ON: with the CA5200 the same. the other 3 channel if you go play a cd 2 channel they work at minimun but they don't go in stand-by after a xy time with input.

Style

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

I got CAN BUS hooked up today. I love the ability to monitor things and glad I can free up a trigger.
                        2 questions:
                        1.) Why is the event log greyed out for my 5100?
                        2.) Does anyone know the ideal temperature range the AMPs and SSPs should be in? This info does not appear to be in the manual so I thought I would ask here before asking Classe
                        Hallo Nolan,with the CANBUS I don't know what you can with the mail ops: ,
                        but go see the temperatur, the present of ground and if is normal, the phase from cables power cord, the soft. version,...is very nice.

I have the SSP800&CA5200: the temperature range from the AMP is not in the manual in ° becouse is very different from where you have place your ampli! the maual speek from a % in plus or minus than the ampli go in protection (if it's too hot or too cold - as with the voltage, in % -> 10-15% from 230 in europa 120 in USA)

my combo after a half day work movie & music (the SSP is not the best like you on the top from the CA5x00)!!!!attention -> longlife from your equipement!!
                        the CA5200 go from (°) 48 to the max from the central channel 2 that go to 55° (in the center of the other forms of power and always the hottest - sandwich :W )
                        The SSP is at 48-50°.
                        I have posed this question at my friend from Classe and he say that is very normal and not high...

your question 1. is for the color from the what write Classe4me?

Omar

Comment

• Nolan B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by style
                          Hallo Nolan,with the CANBUS I don't know what you can with the mail ops: ,
                          but go see the temperatur, the present of ground and if is normal, the phase from cables power cord, the soft. version,...is very nice.

I have the SSP800&CA5200: the temperature range from the AMP is not in the manual in ° becouse is very different from where you have place your ampli! the maual speek from a % in plus or minus than the ampli go in protection (if it's too hot or too cold - as with the voltage, in % -> 10-15% from 230 in europa 120 in USA)

my combo after a half day work movie & music (the SSP is not the best like you on the top from the CA5x00)!!!!attention -> longlife from your equipement!!
                          the CA5200 go from (°) 48 to the max from the central channel 2 that go to 55° (in the center of the other forms of power and always the hottest - sandwich :W )
                          The SSP is at 48-50°.
                          I have posed this question at my friend from Classe and he say that is very normal and not high...

your question 1. is for the color from the what write Classe4me?

Omar
                          Thanks Omar,

I guess im safe until i get my rack because the temp readings for the SSP never go above 48, and my amp never went over 50 after a full night of use last night.

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

Nolan,
                            a lot of people have the SSP on the top with the CAxx00 but is not the ideal position.....
                            Sure the CA5100 will not go so hot like the CA52...I have always a max in the center (channel 2) at 55°.

You will go with Solidsteel or the Basso like Brian?

Omar

Comment

• Nolan B
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Sep 2005

Nolan,
                              a lot of people have the SSP on the top with the CAxx00 but is not the ideal position.....
                              Sure the CA5100 will not go so hot like the CA52...I have always a max in the center (channel 2) at 55°.

Omar
                              Solidsteel.

With simple configuration I need the price isnt that bad, plus I like supporting my dealer which as done a great job with service over the years.

Comment

• style
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006

Solidsteel.With simple configuration I need the price isnt that bad, plus I like supporting my dealer which as done a great job with service over the years.
                                Nolan,
                                make sense. with "simple" you thibk at the 2 or 3 pieces? (1 ca5100, 2 ssp800) or 2 or a cd/dvd and 3 the SSP800?
                                in your "roon" i will go with the 2 piece CA51+SSP , the B&O is nice and have all what you need as extra.

------
                                you have a remote from logitech or? the 1000 that's right? is oke? you can "drive all yours gears? with the ssp800 i think is not enought or better need new software??! and the 1100 is much better?

thx Omar

Comment

• sikoniko
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Aug 2003

Nolan,

Omar
                                  I was always told heat rises. put your hotest things higher in the rack...

Comment

• Nolan B
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Sep 2005

Nolan,
                                    make sense. with "simple" you thibk at the 2 or 3 pieces? (1 ca5100, 2 ssp800) or 2 or a cd/dvd and 3 the SSP800?
                                    in your "roon" i will go with the 2 piece CA51+SSP , the B&O is nice and have all what you need as extra.

------
                                    you have a remote from logitech or? the 1000 that's right? is oke? you can "drive all yours gears? with the ssp800 i think is not enought or better need new software??! and the 1100 is much better?

thx Omar
                                    Yes, I am just getting two levels. On for the amp to sit on and one shelf for the SSP to sit on top. All other sources will be inside the the B&O cabinet controlled by RF remote. Keeps it all nice and clean.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Sep 2005

Here is Classe's response if anyone is interested.

"You should first ensure that the units are properly ventilated and placed in accordance with the unit placement instructions. You need 6" clearance above the CA-5100 and 3" above the SSP-600 and 3" on the sides of both units.

In these circumstances the SSP-600 temperature should not exceed 60 centigrade. If the temperature is higher then you should consider some sort of ventilation. If it is lower, then you should not be concerned.

The CA-5100 has 3 heatsinks. The visible side heatsinks each drive 2 channels, and there's an internal heatsink that drives channel 2. The channel 2 sensors should be hotter than the external heatsinks but the difference should be less than 25 degrees centigrade.

The CA-5100 is fitted with protection circuitry which shuts down the amp in conditions when it hits 85 degrees centigrade, which is the limit set by international safety standards. The unit is designed to operate at very high temperatures but ideally you would want the temperature to be lower than 70 degrees centigrade."

Comment

• style
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Feb 2006

Nolan,

on the displayof the SSP with status-> ca5100 -> AC
                                        you see 5 channel or 3?
                                        with the ca52 you read heatsink 1,2,3,4 and 5!

well you will be have 3 or?

Omar

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                          • Dec 2008

I watched 3 movies back to back on Saturday and also played a few audio discs, the temps on the SSP-800 was much warmer (55 degC) than the CA-5200.(48-49 degC). But checking midpoint and at the end of my sessions, the temp never went higher. For the record, I don't have a/c. My rack is a Solid Tech with spacing less than the recommended height in between.

-H
                                          Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                                          Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                                          B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                                          Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                                          Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• style
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Feb 2006

Hi HedgeHog,

the temperatur between 50-55 ° is very normal.
                                            (I speek from EACH channel or?)
                                            I have this feed back from Classe. So I don't have fear from this "numbers"...
                                            in the manual you can see 20cm. (7-8') in each side (left, right , OVER)
                                            Over is sure the must important. at the picture I can see you have 5-8cm. a little more will be better and with the Solidtech ref. will be possible addiction from a paar cm. or??? ((decoder in another place and up, only the 2 Classe on the Solidtech!)
                                            well is you place the 2 units side by side the life from the SSP (if is - was over the ampli) will be longer.

Sure what is the feedback from Classe is " a lot of people have the SSP above the CA5200 but is not recommended.
                                            Better to have space between the two units."

the Solidtech is very nice: I like too and I think is better vs. the Solisteel HS-2.
                                            normaly: iSwitzerland don't have a delaer / importer from this rack... :M

Nolan the Hyperspike -S 2 floor is nice, the form is very similar at the Classe front.. but the material used for production is not very good.
                                            All is at how much you go pay for this rack!
                                            Another: the CA51, you wrote, have 3 heatsink and the CA52 have 5....
                                            = different construction and 3 will not go, or work, like the CA52 with 5...xx° is sure always different!

style

Comment

• wettou
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • May 2006

Originally posted by HedgeHog
                                              I watched 3 movies back to back on Saturday and also played a few audio discs, the temps on the SSP-800 was much warmer (55 degC) than the CA-5200.(48-49 degC). But checking midpoint and at the end of my sessions, the temp never went higher. For the record, I don't have a/c. My rack is a Solid Tech with spacing less than the recommended height in between.

-H
                                              Looks cool, what speakers do you have? Classé definitely makes cool looking gear if you are in Industrial design!
                                              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Sep 2005

Hi HedgeHog,

the temperatur between 50-55 ° is very normal.
                                                (I speek from EACH channel or?)
                                                I have this feed back from Classe. So I don't have fear from this "numbers"...
                                                in the manual you can see 20cm. (7-8') in each side (left, right , OVER)
                                                Over is sure the must important. at the picture I can see you have 5-8cm. a little more will be better and with the Solidtech ref. will be possible addiction from a paar cm. or??? ((decoder in another place and up, only the 2 Classe on the Solidtech!)
                                                well is you place the 2 units side by side the life from the SSP (if is - was over the ampli) will be longer.

Sure what is the feedback from Classe is " a lot of people have the SSP above the CA5200 but is not recommended.
                                                Better to have space between the two units."

the Solidtech is very nice: I like too and I think is better vs. the Solisteel HS-2.
                                                normaly: iSwitzerland don't have a delaer / importer from this rack... :M

Nolan the Hyperspike -S 2 floor is nice, the form is very similar at the Classe front.. but the material used for production is not very good.
                                                All is at how much you go pay for this rack!
                                                Another: the CA51, you wrote, have 3 heatsink and the CA52 have 5....
                                                = different construction and 3 will not go, or work, like the CA52 with 5...xx° is sure always different!

style
                                                What material are you talking about? The posts look great..

Comment

• style
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Feb 2006

[]Hi Nolan,

i understand your predisposition for the Solidsteel ( your Dealer give you a lot? of info , spar part, replace damage parts?,..)
                                                  but the
                                                  Soldtech is very great.
                                                  And this Modulare Tech in much better and not so expensive like the Bassocontinuo
                                                  Solid tech is very great, in your "room" will be the better solution (for me)

IMG]http://www.solid-tech.net/ros.htm[/IMG]
                                                  CANADA:
                                                  Plurison,
                                                  Tel. 1 866 271 5689

Sorry but I don't kmow of you can see the pictures....from Sold Tech I have a impoter in canada if you are interesting...

Omar

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                                                    Looks cool, what speakers do you have? Classé definitely makes cool looking gear if you are in Industrial design!
                                                    802D
                                                    Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                                                    Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                      • Dec 2008

What material are you talking about? The posts look great..
                                                      I'm guessing he's alluding to the MDF shelves.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Sep 2005

I'm guessing he's alluding to the MDF shelves.
                                                        Yea but whats so bad about it?

Comment

• style
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Feb 2006

Nolan, sorry for confusion...

MDF from Solidsteel?

omar

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                            • May 2008

Hedgehog...did you take pics of your system since you set it up? would love to see it!
                                                            Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                                                              Hedgehog...did you take pics of your system since you set it up? would love to see it!
                                                              Kinda meh pix but here: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=472

BTW, can the CANBUS be used to trigger? I am hoping to do a trigger to turn on/off the amp; that way, I can use the TV's speakers for causal viewing. *hope I'm not thread jacking*

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Sep 2005

Kinda meh pix but here: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=472

BTW, can the CANBUS be used to trigger? I am hoping to do a trigger to turn on/off the amp; that way, I can use the TV's speakers for causal viewing. *hope I'm not thread jacking*
                                                                actually you are on the only one on topic :lol:

Yes CANBUS can be used as a trigger.

Comment

• style
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Feb 2006

Hi HedgeHog,

Your Solid tech is the Referece or the Standard?

the place the CA5200 you have the optional parts from SolidTech in U (Ros placing parts) form or what for pieces?

thx Style

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Dec 2008

Hi Style,

I mixed a Rack of Silence Reference 3 and a Reference 4. The Ref4 posts go in the middle with one shelf as my center channel stand. Then I used two of the Ref3 columns on the outside to flank the Ref4.

To order a single shelf (x-brace) was about CAD$1000! I think the suspension bits add another $1-200. However, I was able to use the supplied shelf/x-braces to assemble what you see here.

-H

Hi HedgeHog,

Your Solid tech is the Referece or the Standard?

the place the CA5200 you have the optional parts from SolidTech in U (Ros placing parts) form or what for pieces?

thx Style

Comment

• style
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Feb 2006

Hallo HedgeHog,

I go have a Refernce 3 in steel&black, with the parts (4 in u form ~) for placing the CA5200, the SSP800 I go place over.

I don't go place the decoder at the moment to have more space for air/ventilation...

The price will be shipping inkl. $. 1000.- ca.! :T

Well the idea to use a Ref. 4 as basis and with 2 pieces the possibility to make a complet rack is great.

Style

Comment

• sc2
                                                                        • Feb 2008

-H
                                                                        Hedgehog

Why not set the SSP on a square sheet of tempered glass, this will deflect the heat from the 5200 to the perimeter of plate instead of the bottom of the SSP... I don't think it would take away from the looks that much.... nice setup!
                                                                        Steve

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Jul 2008

CAN Bus follies

On Tuesday, January 12, my dealer flew in from Edmonton (350 miles/500 kms) mainly to calibrate the Parametric EQ but to also install and set up CAN bus. To that end, he had one of his assistants make up the 5 network cables required to link my 5 amps to the SSP-800.

It turned out that for reasons out of his control he could not do the CAN bus installation. Furthermore, he did not make up enough network cables so I had to go out and buy a couple of 2 meter cables. Luckily, network cables are cheap.

A friend of mine and I tried to install CAN bus the next day.

First, I discovered after a conversation with Tom at Classe, that the software for all the amplifiers needed to be upgraded. This necessitated hauling my desktop PC down to the basement listening room. Luckily, in spite of the inconvenience, the software upgrades went without a hitch and didn't take too much time.

Then we hooked up all the cables and the special CAN bus connector in the final amplifier in the change. To our disappointment, it would not work other than to display the SSP-800 on the list of devices. Not only that, at the same time the remote control refused to work--how weird is that! Turning the SSP-800 on and off via the standby button or the rocker switch on the back did not cure the problem. For me, this was potentially utter disaster as I am laid up for 4-6 weeks as the result of an operation and physically could not operate the SSP-800 (and therefore my entire system) at all.

On the theory that if it could go wrong it would go wrong, I swapped out network cables. It turns out that one of the dealer's made-up cables, the first one in the daisy-chain, was defective. After a mad rush to get a replacement cable before closing time and before my operation, we got the whole thing working properly.

As to the remote control, I managed to get it to work again by disconnecting the SSP-800's power cord. So, at last all would appear to be well so far.

I am probably one of a tiny minority who have tried to install CAN bus and one of and even tinier minority of those who could not get it to work right away and so this is probably the first reported instance of the "remote bug". Incidentally, while trying to cure the network cable problem, I was able to repeat the "remote problem." I will report these problems to Tom tomorrow.

My advice to people using CAN bus:

1. Remember to make sure that the software in your various devices is sufficiently up-to-date as indicated in the release notes for each device. (At least I think that is where I found this information).

2. Buy certified computer network cables from your local computer store.

3. If the remote control does not work, then try turning the SSP-800 off by disconnecting the power cord.

Incidentally, I will report at some length on the effectiveness of the Parametric EQ once I am over the effects of my operation and can do some serious listening. So far I have only was able to listen to the system with the PEQ enabled for about an hour but the results were very promising.

Hope this is of interest.

Jim

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Mar 2007
                                                                            • 1532

It's too bad that your dealer didn't test the patch cables after they made them. I made that mistake once and never again. The testers aren't too expensive and are a necessary item to keep in a tool bag next to a crimper.

Firmware on amps is often overlooked as well. Since there isn't a display to check it, it never comes to mind. Again, I found that out while at a customers house trying to get CANBUS working.

I'm glad it's working now and I hope you're on your feet soon. Let us know how you like the SSP-800 after the PEQ calibration.

Eric

Comment

• wettou
                                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                                              • May 2006
                                                                              • 3389

#39
                                                                              I have had no problem what so ever when switching component to get information they LED flash red? Is that normal?
                                                                              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                                                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                              Search Result for "|||"