X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeyH
    • Aug 2008

CA-2200 or CA-5200

Hi guys,

Great forum you have here. Right now Im trying to build 5.1 HT. I have couple questions about CA-2200 and CA-5200. Would you rather have 2 CA-2200 or one CA 5200? I will purchase one CA-M400 for the center. Right now I have Marantz AV8003 PrePro to run it. Do you think 2 CA-2200 better than one CA-5200? Thanks for all the advice.

Mike
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by MikeyH
    Hi guys, Great forum you have here. Right now Im trying to build 5.1 HT. I have couple questions about CA-2200 and CA-5200. Would you rather have 2 CA-2200 or one CA 5200? I will purchase one CA-M400 for the center. Right now I have Marantz AV8003 PrePro to run it. Do you think 2 CA-2200 better than one CA-5200? Thanks for all the advice. Mike
    If I had to redo it knowing what I know I would do three CA-M400 L,C,R front and CA-2200 for back:T
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• MikeyH
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wettou
      If I had to redo it knowing what I know I would do three CA-M400 L,C,R front and CA-2200 for back:T
      I might do that in the future. any comparison between the CA-2200 to CA-5200? I used about 75% music and 25% movie.

Mike

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

I might do that in the future. any comparison between the CA-2200 to CA-5200? I used about 75% music and 25% movie. Mike
        To me they were very similar as used in Stereo sound, what are your surround speakers! I still would recommend that you keep all front speakers amplification the same. Do you listen to multichannel SACDs?
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• MikeyH
          • Aug 2008

To me they were very similar as used in Stereo sound, what are your surround speakers! I still would recommend that you keep all front speakers amplification the same. Do you listen to multichannel SACDs?

I do listen to Mutichannel SACDs, but mostly 2CH. My front speakers are Martin Logan Summits, Center is Martin Logan Theater i, Descent i for sub and SF Domus for the rear.

Mike

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

I do listen to Mutichannel SACDs, but mostly 2CH. My front speakers are Martin Logan Summits, Center is Martin Logan Theater i, Descent i for sub and SF Domus for the rear. Mike
            I do only multichannel so we have different needs it is also the reason I went with three 802D in the front and two 802N in the back

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

Hallo MikeyH,

Please a feedback from the Marantz AV8003 at soon :W

I like this inexpensive AV8003 with new codec.... (95% movies)

thank Omar

Comment

• MikeyH
                • Aug 2008

I do only multichannel so we have different needs it is also the reason I went with three 802D in the front and two 802N in the back
                wow, I love your setup. I bet it sound amzaing. What kind amps and pre/pro are using with your speakers right now?

Mike

Comment

• MikeyH
                  • Aug 2008

Hi Omar

Originally posted by style
                  Hallo MikeyH,

Please a feedback from the Marantz AV8003 at soon :W

I like this inexpensive AV8003 with new codec.... (95% movies)

thank Omar
                  The AV-8003 is an incredible piece of hardware, it has 4 HDMI 1.3 inputs, two outputs, it can decode all the new audio formats, do basic video scaling, and has the Audyssey EQ/ room correction all for $2599 MSRP.

I think its good buy if you watching alot of movies. Right now I can't really give you a review. I just got this piece a week ago. I haven't setup my HT yet, only 2Ch so far. check this out http://www.ultimateavmag.com/amplifiers/808mar/

Mike

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

Hy Mike,

I don't no if pay buy a AV8003for movie and a Classe CP500 for the 2 channel
                    (i have a CA5200)
                    OR
                    only the SSP800.
                    --> and you? "only" the AV8003 or what?

and at this moment in Europa the Marantz is not more so available...
                    (like the SSP800 ops: )
                    -------------------

If you "need" a system for music don't buy the CA5200 and a CA2200 but
                    if possible go with 2 x CA2200 and 1 x CA3200.
                    with the combo CA5200&2200 and you driva the mains speaker with the CA2200 with the time the sound from the CA5200 will be different vs. the CA2200...

Greetings Omar

Comment

• MikeyH
                      • Aug 2008

Hy Mike,

I don't no if pay buy a AV8003for movie and a Classe CP500 for the 2 channel
                      (i have a CA5200)
                      OR
                      only the SSP800.
                      --> and you? "only" the AV8003 or what?

and at this moment in Europa the Marantz is not more so available...
                      (like the SSP800 ops: )
                      -------------------

If you "need" a system for music don't buy the CA5200 and a CA2200 but
                      if possible go with 2 x CA2200 and 1 x CA3200.
                      with the combo CA5200&2200 and you driva the mains speaker with the CA2200 with the time the sound from the CA5200 will be different vs. the CA2200...

Greetings Omar
                      Im going to waite on SSP-800 probably next year. Right now I have Marantz AV8003 with Classe CA-2200. I'm going to order another CA-2200 and CA-M400 for the center.

Mike

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

... I used about 75% music and 25% movie.
                        Mike,

if you use at 75% your system for music why a Cam for the center???

What for speakers have or coming?

omar

Comment

• skuzzyb
                          • Mar 2006

Hi guys,

Great forum you have here. Right now Im trying to build 5.1 HT. I have couple questions about CA-2200 and CA-5200. Would you rather have 2 CA-2200 or one CA 5200? I will purchase one CA-M400 for the center. Right now I have Marantz AV8003 PrePro to run it. Do you think 2 CA-2200 better than one CA-5200? Thanks for all the advice.

Mike
                          Mike, why would you want to put a CAM400 for the centre? Wouldn't it make more sense to match the L/R/C channels? I would recommend a CA3200 and a CA2200, then, if you want to listen stereo, only the CA 2200 needs to be on, if you are listening/watching HT then both amplifiers can be on. Do you listen any stereo or is it strictly multi-channel? If so then a 5200 would suffice. Somehow I do not see any advantage of having one CAM400 unless you are planning on upgrading your three front channles to CAMs in the future. How large is your room, what type of speakers will you be driving? What are your listening/watching habits?

As for the Marantz, they make good gear, i have not heard the 8003 but it definitely seems like a winner on paper and the reviews and for what it does it is priced very competitively.

skz

Comment

• MikeyH
                            • Aug 2008

Hi

Originally posted by skuzzyb
                            Mike, why would you want to put a CAM400 for the centre? Wouldn't it make more sense to match the L/R/C channels? I would recommend a CA3200 and a CA2200, then, if you want to listen stereo, only the CA 2200 needs to be on, if you are listening/watching HT then both amplifiers can be on. Do you listen any stereo or is it strictly multi-channel? If so then a 5200 would suffice. Somehow I do not see any advantage of having one CAM400 unless you are planning on upgrading your three front channles to CAMs in the future. How large is your room, what type of speakers will you be driving? What are your listening/watching habits?

As for the Marantz, they make good gear, i have not heard the 8003 but it definitely seems like a winner on paper and the reviews and for what it does it is priced very competitively.

skz
                            Yes in the future I do like to upgrade to all CA-M400. but for now I'll be using 2 CA-2200 and one CA-M400.

I'll be running them with Martin Logan Summit speakers and Martin Logan Therater i for the center. Sonus Faber Domus for the rear.

For some reason I do like to get the best sound from the center speaker when I watch movies or listening to Muti SACD's.

Mike

Comment

• Classe4me
                              • Dec 2007

Yes in the future I do like to upgrade to all CA-M400. but for now I'll be using 2 CA-2200 and one CA-M400.

I'll be running them with Martin Logan Summit speakers and Martin Logan Therater i for the center. Sonus Faber Domus for the rear.

For some reason I do like to get the best sound from the center speaker when I watch movies or listening to Muti SACD's.

Mike
                              MikeyH, How soon do you want to buy a CA-M400? Is this something in the near future or down the road?
                              Last edited by Classe4me; 05 September 2008, 20:31 Friday. Reason: meant to send a private message.

Comment

• MikeyH
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Classe4me
                                MikeyH, How soon do you want to buy a CA-M400? Is this something in the near future or down the road?
                                Im looking for a single CA-M400 right now.

Mike

Comment

• cmilach
                                  • Oct 2008

Marantz + Classé

I am new in this forum and would like to make some questions because I am trying to make a good Stereo/HT (50% Stereo and 50% HT) and I would appreciate yours answers.

First:
                                  Please see at http://us.marantz.com/2317.asp (from Marantz AV8003)
                                  Any processor having multichannel analog outputs (RCA or XLR) successfully interact with Classé amplifiers, correct?
                                  In the specifications above (from Marantz) the iten
                                  XLR Pre Output Terminals for 7.1ch
                                  XLR Audio Inputs for CD/SA-CD (Stereo) is the same analog outputs (RCA or XLR) cited above?

Second:
                                  Would the use of the pre-amp (of Marantz AV8003 Preamp/Processor) with Classé amplifiers CA2200 plus CA-3200 involve any quality sacrifices on the sound?

Third:
                                  Having two amplifiers Classé CA-2200 plus CA-32200 is better than have one Marantz MM8003 amplifier http://us.marantz.com/Products/2325.asp ?

Four:
                                  In order to create a Stereo/HT (50% Stereo and 50% HT) with is better: Classé CA-2200 plus CA-3200 amplifiers or CA-5200?

Five:
                                  The Stereo system sound got from the Classé amplifier CA-2200 plus the Marantz AV8003 Preamp/Processor would be the same(better,worst) then the Classé CAP-2100 Integrated amplifier?

Sorry for too many questions,

Thank you very much,
                                  Carlos

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by cmilach
                                    Any processor having multichannel analog outputs (RCA or XLR) successfully interact with Classé amplifiers, correct?
                                    Yes

In the specifications above (from Marantz) the iten XLR Pre Output Terminals for 7.1ch XLR Audio Inputs for CD/SA-CD (Stereo) is the same analog outputs (RCA or XLR) cited above?
                                    Should be

Second: Would the use of the pre-amp (of Marantz AV8003 Preamp/Processor) with Classé amplifiers CA2200 plus CA-3200 involve any quality sacrifices on the sound?
                                    It all depends you just have to compare the Marantz with the Classé SSP-800

Third: Having two amplifiers Classé CA-2200 plus CA-32200 is better than have one Marantz MM8003 amplifier
                                    Yes much better with Classé amps

Four: In order to create a Stereo/HT (50% Stereo and 50% HT) with is better: Classé CA-2200 plus CA-3200 amplifiers or CA-5200?
                                    A question of choice, I have the CA-5200 and it works great in both Audio and HT

Five: The Stereo system sound got from the Classé amplifier CA-2200 plus the Marantz AV8003 Preamp/Processor would be the same(better,worst) then the Classé CAP-2100 Integrated amplifier?
                                    Here again you need to compare them for yourself, I believe in matching pre/pro and amplifier from the same brand is always a plus. Having said that I think having separate also usually sound better than integrated amps

Please tell us your experience with the Marantz?:T

Comment

• style
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Feb 2006

I agree with wettou.
                                      only:
                                      Four:
                                      In order to create a Stereo/HT (50% Stereo and 50% HT) with is better: Classé CA-2200 plus CA-3200 amplifiers or CA-5200?
                                      I have too the CA5200 and for the movie will be same at CA2200&3200 but I have read that poeple have another opinion -> the CA3200+2200 will be better in music performance... personaly i think that this difference is only over the papers..
                                      Five:
                                      The Stereo system sound got from the Classé amplifier CA-2200 plus the Marantz AV8003 Preamp/Processor would be the same(better,worst) then the Classé CAP-2100 Integrated amplifier?
                                      here the CAP2100 will be better but the room, speakers and others play a role that may be important...
                                      ...the marantz av8003 is built for the movies at fisrt and than for music (2ch.) but it depends on your personal taste ... (if the SSP800 is the reference)

greetings Omar

Comment

• cmilach
                                        • Oct 2008

Marantz + Classé

Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for yours answers.

I will buy the Classé CA-5200 and the Marantz AV8003, changing for SSP800 if $$$ permits :B or for posterior Upgrade.

Thank you,
                                        Carlos

Comment

• style
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Feb 2006

@cmilach ,

enjoy with the news toys :T

waht for speakers do you have?

Omar

Comment

• cmilach
                                            • Oct 2008

Marantz + Classé

Omar,

I will use the B&W804S and HTM3 (probably), or B&W803S with HTM2D.

I did know how musical SSP800 is!!! (after read many forum opinions) and certainly more than the AV8003 (more films).
                                            But, for a while I will use the Marantz AV8003 until Classé update the board to decode all the new codecs, until for the $$$ or for the Upgrade.
                                            Am I correct?

Thank you,
                                            Carlos

Comment

• style
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Feb 2006

Carlos,

I have a 803D, htm2D and the 805s for the rear.
                                              I utilise my system very much for movie (85%?) and I have considered to buy the Av8003 but ok, the ssp800 is magnetic for me...

that right: with the AV8003 you save money and sure is not a bad choice the Marantz pre/pro (with XLR,new codec,...).

for the speaker make a good macht for the front: id better dont make a miscelanius with Diamond and S serie...
                                              with the 803S go with the htm3s center (I have upgrade my system from 803S to the 803D...)
                                              the jump from the 803S vs. 803D is bigger vs. 803D and 802D.
                                              (the difference between the 803s and 803D bigger vs. the 803D and 802D ...the big jump is from D and S serie)

if you can go dierct with the 803S .-< the 804s is a very good speakers but the 803S is better...

greetings from switzerland Omar

Comment

• cmilach
                                                • Oct 2008

Marantz + Classé

Omar,

Sorry for the confusion.
                                                Let me see if I understood.

The upgrade of B&W is bigger from 803S -----to--->803D
                                                than the upgrade from 803D----to--->802D.
                                                Is that right?

And the upgrade of B&W is bigger from 804S ---to--->803S
                                                than 803S----to--->803D , or is the same?

Thanks,
                                                Carlos

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Aug 2003

Omar,

Sorry for the confusion.
                                                  Let me see if I understood.

The upgrade of B&W is bigger from 803S -----to--->803D
                                                  than the upgrade from 803D----to--->802D.
                                                  Is that right?

And the upgrade of B&W is bigger from 804S ---to--->803S
                                                  than 803S----to--->803D , or is the same?

Thanks,
                                                  Carlos
                                                  If I understand you correctly, You will notice a big difference when you have a diamond tweeter. I disagree with there not being as big a difference from 803D to 802D though. I suppose it is all subjective though.

The Marlan head is where the B&W speakers really show their strength. It allows for an imaging that can't be matched by a boxed speaker.
                                                  I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• wettou
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • May 2006

There is a huge difference between 802D and 803D it's not even close as Sikoniko said, The marlan heads are making all the difference.

Comment

• beden1
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Oct 2006

There is a huge difference between 802D and 803D it's not even close as Sikoniko said, The marlan heads are making all the difference.
                                                      I beg to differ that there is a "huge" difference between these speakers. There is a difference, but whether the 802D sounds better than the 803D is a very subjective matter entirely.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by beden1
                                                        I beg to differ that there is a "huge" difference between these speakers. There is a difference, but whether the 802D sounds better than the 803D is a very subjective matter entirely.
                                                        if your goal is imaging, then the 803D's can not compete.

Comment

• beden1
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                                          if your goal is imaging, then the 803D's can not compete.
                                                          What does the marlan head have to do with imaging? Your statement does not compute.

The other important thing to consider, is trying to put a balanced front end together for HT. The 803D's are very balanced when matched with the HTM2D, whereas not so much for the 802D. You would have to go with the HTM1D for better synergy, and of course more money too.

I personally feel that the 802D's are a compromise speaker. If you like the marlan head, best to go for the 800Ds.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Aug 2003

What does the marlan head have to do with imaging? Your statement does not compute.
                                                            taking directly from b&w's website...

Sphere / Tube Enclosure: Absorbs rearward energy from the driver and allows precise imaging.
                                                            Whether it’s raw rock, powerful arias or any of the choral repertoire, voices are central to musical communication and conveying all the emotion requires the very best midrange rendition – the finest driver operating in an ideal enclosure. Taking the simple tube concept of the original 4-way Nautilus™ a stage further, we perfected the Nautilus™ ’head’ to allow a single driver to cover the whole of the critical mid band in one seamless sweep. Crafted from inert Marlan® composite, the internal cavity – a sphere closely coupled to a short tube - absorbs most of the sound from the back of the driver, with the fibre filling mopping up the last vestiges. On the outside, the glossy teardrop shape smoothly disperses the sound around the speaker creating a solid, three-dimensional image.

Comment

• style
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Feb 2006

Carlos,
                                                              from 803S and 803D the jump is bigger vs. 803D and 802D.
                                                              I can "feel more difference".

from 803S to 803D is not the same. we can say that the 803D is more similar at the 802D. sure the 802D is better from the 802D but is too a personal choice and $$$ question....

I speak for HT system: the 803D macht with the Htm2D
                                                              beden as wrote
                                                              The 803D's are very balanced when matched with the HTM2D, whereas not so much for the 802D. You would have to go with the HTM1D for better synergy, and of course more money too.
                                                              i agree too 100%.

Personaly I dont like / want a system with 3 stand speaker for my HT system
                                                              (like 2 x 802D....) BUT THIS IS MY CHOICE.

if do you have the Classe CA5200 the 804S is not bad but not the ideal speaker for the ampli...If you buy the 804S with the CA5200 in 6 month you say I WILL UPGRADE MY SPEAKERS -> sve money and buy direct the right speakers.

hope this help

greetings Omar

Comment

• beden1
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Oct 2006

taking directly from b&w's website...
                                                                Seriously? That just sounds like a lot of marketing hype! I'm very happy with the imaging from my 803D's. :T

Comment

• wettou
                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                  • May 2006

What does the marlan head have to do with imaging? Your statement does not compute. The other important thing to consider, is trying to put a balanced front end together for HT. The 803D's are very balanced when matched with the HTM2D, whereas not so much for the 802D. You would have to go with the HTM1D for better synergy, and of course more money too. I personally feel that the 802D's are a compromise speaker. If you like the marlan head, best to go for the 800Ds.
                                                                  Go listen then you can talk

Comment

• beden1
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Oct 2006

Go listen then you can talk
                                                                    Been there and done exactly that numerous times.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2006

Been there and done exactly that numerous times.
                                                                      Ok different things for different people and you still could not hear the difference Hm?

Comment

• beden1
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Oct 2006

Ok different things for different people and you still could not hear the difference Hm?
                                                                        I could hear a difference between the 803D and the 802D. I never said I didn't. But, I prefer the sound of the 803D over the 802D.

The Marlan head is a bit of a turn off to me. Sorry, but that's how I feel. It reminds me of a comment someone else made that it looks like R2D2 from Star Wars. The 802D looks more like that to me, than does the 800D. Maybe this is because I like how the 800D sounds overall.

When looking at any of their Marlan head speakers while listening, I also get the impression that the mid range is a bit off or different than the highs and lows. It's almost like I'm hearing the voices coming from a cave?

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Aug 2003
                                                                          • 2299

I could hear a difference between the 803D and the 802D. I never said I didn't. But, I prefer the sound of the 803D over the 802D.

The Marlan head is a bit of a turn off to me. Sorry, but that's how I feel. It reminds me of a comment someone else made that it looks like R2D2 from Star Wars. The 802D looks more like that to me, than does the 800D. Maybe this is because I like how the 800D sounds overall.

When looking at any of their Marlan head speakers while listening, I also get the impression that the mid range is a bit off or different than the highs and lows. It's almost like I'm hearing the voices coming from a cave?
                                                                          there is no right or wrong to a preference. I can tell you though, if you don't like the sound of the 802d, I don't see how you can like the sound of the 800d. its the same sound, only 100x bigger. one would think that the magnification of it would irritate you more than please you.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Oct 2006
                                                                            • 1676

there is no right or wrong to a preference. I can tell you though, if you don't like the sound of the 802d, I don't see how you can like the sound of the 800d. its the same sound, only 100x bigger. one would think that the magnification of it would irritate you more than please you.
                                                                            You're right there, and I did mention that to the dealer. I like the 800D for it's depth, but my greatest point of hesitation is the mid range that is not my cup of tea.

That's why I'm thrilled right now, that I am loving my 803Ds since listening to nothing but stereo while my surround amp is still out for service.
                                                                            Last edited by beden1; 03 October 2008, 10:52 Friday.

Comment

• cmilach
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • Oct 2008
                                                                              • 6

#39
                                                                              Maranz + Classé

Carlos,
                                                                              from 803S and 803D the jump is bigger vs. 803D and 802D.
                                                                              I can "feel more difference".

from 803S to 803D is not the same. we can say that the 803D is more similar at the 802D. sure the 802D is better from the 802D but is too a personal choice and $$$ question....

I speak for HT system: the 803D macht with the Htm2D
                                                                              beden as wrote
                                                                              i agree too 100%.

Personaly I dont like / want a system with 3 stand speaker for my HT system
                                                                              (like 2 x 802D....) BUT THIS IS MY CHOICE.

if do you have the Classe CA5200 the 804S is not bad but not the ideal speaker for the ampli...If you buy the 804S with the CA5200 in 6 month you say I WILL UPGRADE MY SPEAKERS -> sve money and buy direct the right speakers.

hope this help

greetings Omar

Omar,

So, with the Classé CA5200 as an amplifier, which B&W speakers to choose next to 804S, with economical prices and with best performance than 804S and that I do not want to upgrade after some month as you said?
                                                                              Will be 803S? or the more expensive 803D?

Which one?

Thank you,
                                                                              Carlos

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Aug 2003
                                                                                • 2299

#40
                                                                                If you are going for the 804s, you will probably be happy with just the CA-5100. It is a fantastic amp.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Sep 2005
                                                                                  • 1792

#41
                                                                                  If you are going for the 804s, you will probably be happy with just the CA-5100. It is a fantastic amp.
                                                                                  as someone else who recently went from a rotel classe D to the 5100 what are your thoughts? Im curious because you have speakers that will show a much big gap then mine im sure.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • Aug 2003
                                                                                    • 2299

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Vancouver
                                                                                    as someone else who recently went from a rotel classe D to the 5100 what are your thoughts? Im curious because you have speakers that will show a much big gap then mine im sure.
                                                                                    It's a night and day difference. The 5100 is powering my 4 SCMs's. Its as if the walls have disappeared in my room. the speakers no longer stand out or sound different in any way. they just are synergistic with the rest of my system.

I listened to multi-channel SACD last night and the only thing I can say is WOW!

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Oct 2006
                                                                                      • 1676

#43
                                                                                      But, if you got a CA-5200 you'd probably never look for another amp, regardless of what speakers you move to down the road.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Aug 2003
                                                                                        • 2299

#44
                                                                                        But, if you got a CA-5200 you'd probably never look for another amp, regardless of what speakers you move to down the road.
                                                                                        maybe... maybe not. which speakers are we talking about? for instance, my system has a CA-3200 for LCR and the CA-5100 for rears and surrounds. You could continue to use the 5100 for all speakers but L/R and get either a CA-2200 or a pair of CA-M400's. Rebelman is using a single channel on his CA-5100 for his HTM1D and he hasn't been in any hurry to biamp or replace it...

I'm just sayin'

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Sep 2005
                                                                                          • 1792

#45
                                                                                          Rebelman is using a single channel on his CA-5100 for his HTM1D and he hasn't been in any hurry to biamp or replace it...

I'm just sayin'
                                                                                          i gotta admit..thats pretty amazing and would never have guessed that.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"