X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skuzzyb
    • Mar 2006

IR Input port at rear of SSP600

Has anyone used the IR input at the rear of their SSP600? I attempted to send an IR signal to it but no luck. When I put an IR emitter/flasher on the front of the unit (in front of the SSP's IR receiver), that works fine, however the IR port at the rear of the unit does not respond to any signals. I am interested to know if anyone else has had this issue. When I use the rear input port of my DVD player and my CD player they both work flawlessly so I suspect I may have a bad input port.

I am experiencing a loss in signal when watching a DVD, the sound is lost for a few milliseconds before resyncing. This phenomenon has been occuring for the past three months and it is driving me bonkers. I have changed cables and DVD players to isolate the problem but with no avail. Sadly it seems to be the SSP that is the culprit. Has anyone else experienced this? My dealer is about to ship my unit off the Classe and will give me a loaner (thank goodness it will be another SSP600) while it is away. Maybe Classe will look at the IR input problem at the same time.

Keen to hear if anyone has experienced any of the above problems
    thx
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

You need what is called the Delta IR. It's a little box that strips the carrier signal off the IR data stream. Without that it won't work. Once you have one, you can loop out of one Delta Series component to another with one Delta IR.

Eric

Comment

• skuzzyb
      • Mar 2006

You sure about that? All I am trying to do is send it an IR command. As I mentioned if I use an IR emitter on the front it works great, that to me is a band aid when an IR input port is provided at the rear. I do not need to loop to any other delta components as I use CANBUS to handle the other components, and I only have the amplifiers that need to be triggered on. Although it would be nice when I select the "listen CD" activity to be able to only turn on the 2200 and not both amplifiers.

According to the manual the setting has to be idle-high active low signal which is exactly what I am sending it via a phillips RXF9600. All my other components work flawlessly and according to Classe it should not have a problem. My next option is to use the RS232 port at the rear but I first have to convert all the commands to either ASCII or Hex, which I would rather not have to do.

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

I'm positive about the Delta IR. I found out because I have a customer that didn't want emitters on the front of his CP-700 and CDP-202 for a basic IR system. All of the Delta Series need to have the carrier signal stripped before they will "understand" an IR command with the rear IR ports. There is no getting around it that I know of.

Eric

Comment

• skuzzyb
          • Mar 2006

Eric, thanks for that.

So, I guess I just have to order it from my Classe dealer? Funny that the manual did not mention that but then again. Intentional omission I guess. Do you know if the same thing applies to the RS232 port or will I be able to use that as it is designed? Do you know of anyone using the RS232 port? I see that Classe provides the command file for AMX and Crestron but everthing else you have to figure out yourself.

So now I have another question, is the box the same size as the CanBus box that I use to send a signal to the amplifiers?

Update:
          Eric, you are dead right, I just confirmed it with my dealer and he is getting one for me to use on the loaner until mine comes back from Classe. Thanks for the information!

skz
          Last edited by skuzzyb; 13 July 2008, 23:58 Sunday. Reason: Update

Comment

• Linki
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by skuzzyb
            Do you know if the same thing applies to the RS232 port or will I be able to use that as it is designed? Do you know of anyone using the RS232 port? I see that Classe provides the command file for AMX and Crestron but everthing else you have to figure out yourself.
            This should give you all the information about RS232:

and you don't need any extrernal boxes either.
            I programmed a Philips Pronto using RS232 and it works flawless.

Comment

• skuzzyb
              • Mar 2006

Linki, do you have the xcf for it and if so do you mind passing it along? thanks

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

Eric, thanks for that.

So, I guess I just have to order it from my Classe dealer? Funny that the manual did not mention that but then again. Intentional omission I guess. Do you know if the same thing applies to the RS232 port or will I be able to use that as it is designed? Do you know of anyone using the RS232 port? I see that Classe provides the command file for AMX and Crestron but everthing else you have to figure out yourself.

So now I have another question, is the box the same size as the CanBus box that I use to send a signal to the amplifiers?

Update:
                Eric, you are dead right, I just confirmed it with my dealer and he is getting one for me to use on the loaner until mine comes back from Classe. Thanks for the information!

skz
                I don't know why Classe doesn't mention the Delta IR anywhere. It's not in the dealer price list either. The guys at tech support told me about it when I couldn't get my customers system to work as I mentioned. I hope Classe changes that about their gear. If not, at least mention that the Delta IR is needed.

As for the RS-232C port, it's straight forward. No little quirks or boxes needed.

Eric

Comment

• beden1
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                  I don't know why Classe doesn't mention the Delta IR anywhere. It's not in the dealer price list either. The guys at tech support told me about it when I couldn't get my customers system to work as I mentioned. I hope Classe changes that about their gear. If not, at least mention that the Delta IR is needed.

As for the RS-232C port, it's straight forward. No little quirks or boxes needed.

Eric
                  I recently found out that I needed something to get my CAV-150 to trigger, and the dealer had not heard of it before either. I just ordered it from Classe, but they should list these items as available in the owners' manual.

"Pig tail is a peace of cable terminated with phone jack which will fit in the connector on the back of CAV-150, where RC-1 should go. Simply bypasses main power button so once is plugged in disables main power button on the front plate and could be powered up only through main switch on your power conditioner and is not made for CAM-350. I can supply you with one for $10.24 plus shipping. If you decide to place the order you have to call following number, which is our technical dept. 888-978-3577 and they will provide you with all information you‘ll need. The part number is “PIG TAIL”.

Comment

• skuzzyb
                    • Mar 2006

It is very strange, after all they mentioned the CANBUS, I think it may be Classe's dirty little secret, something so simple as a rear IR port needing an interface device. A shame really as so many other manufacturers' implementation is so simple.

I guess my options are either to have another box hanging off the back of my SSP600 (I think I will need another rack for all these extra interface boxes!), or implement a RS232 solution, which more that likely would be a less mess option.

Does anyone know if the SSP800 will need a CANBUS box or have they managed to implement it internally, ditto with the rear IR port?

skz

Comment

• RebelMan
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

It is very strange, after all they mentioned the CANBUS, I think it may be Classe's dirty little secret, something so simple as a rear IR port needing an interface device. A shame really as so many other manufacturers' implementation is so simple.

I guess my options are either to have another box hanging off the back of my SSP600 (I think I will need another rack for all these extra interface boxes!), or implement a RS232 solution, which more that likely would be a less mess option.

Does anyone know if the SSP800 will need a CANBUS box or have they managed to implement it internally, ditto with the rear IR port?
                      I agree that Classe' drops the ball when it comes to undocumented features.

The SSP-800 will not need a CANBUS box. It was a hardware wiring issue with the SSP-300 and SSP-600 that necessitated it.
                      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• skuzzyb
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
                        I agree that Classe' drops the ball when it comes to undocumented features.

The SSP-800 will not need a CANBUS box. It was a hardware wiring issue with the SSP-300 and SSP-600 that necessitated it.
                        Thank goodness for that, I will be able to get rid of at least one box.

I just picked up the delta IR and it is not very big, it does need a 12 volt power supply though.

Eric, do you know if the Delta IR will work without a power supply? If not, do you know the current required? It does not specify the amperage just the voltage.

In the diagram it is assumed that your controller will have a 12V output, mine only has a 5V output unfortunately.

thanks.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Mar 2007

Thank goodness for that, I will be able to get rid of at least one box.

I just picked up the delta IR and it is not very big, it does need a 12 volt power supply though.

Eric, do you know if the Delta IR will work without a power supply? If not, do you know the current required? It does not specify the amperage just the voltage.

In the diagram it is assumed that your controller will have a 12V output, mine only has a 5V output unfortunately.

thanks.
                          I think any 12V power supply will work. I used the power supply that is hooked up the connnecting block on the IR system at my customers house. That one power supply powers up both the Delta IR and the IR sensor / emmiter system just fine. It can't require that much current if that is the case.

Eric

Comment

• skuzzyb
                            • Mar 2006

Will give it a try. I just got a 12V power supply and it is 1 amp so I hope it is not too much. We will see. If this blows up I go with RS232.

Comment

• skuzzyb
                              • Mar 2006

Eric, just wanted to say thanks for the information regarding the Delta IR. I installed it and hooked it up to the Philips RXF9600 and it works like a charm. I used a 9V power supply as the instructions said 12V +-3V so I used it as it had a lower amperage versus the 12V that I had. So far, so good. Thanks once again.
                              skz

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Mar 2007

No problem. That is what we are all here for.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"