X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Classé Motherload!

I received my newest issue of Home Theater Magazine yesterday and ran across a new ad from Classé. I did a little research and found this Dream Home.

It includes fourteen CA-M400s and a couple of SSP-300's. Tucked away is a Mark Levinson No. 40. I think they'll need to clear out the No. 40 to make room in that massive rack for the SSP-800 when it arrives.
    Attached Files
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
  • beden1
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
    I received my newest issue of Home Theater Magazine yesterday and ran across a new ad from Classé. I did a little research and found this Dream Home.

It includes fourteen CA-M400s and a couple of SSP-300's. Tucked away is a Mark Levinson No. 40. I think they'll need to clear out the No. 40 to make room in that massive rack for the SSP-800 when it arrives.
    Like I said, there is no substitute for power! :T

Comment

• ryst
      • May 2007

haha, that did look great.
      Does anyone have pictures from the "dude" with a full 5.1 setup with Nautilus + 20 CA-M400? That would be awsome to see/listen too.

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

wow it must get hot in there. To much spent on the Richard Grey thou...

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

if you read the article, it says there is a subfloor and it sucks the hot air up the top.

nice find...
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

that is awesome, great find Rebelman.
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

I received my newest issue of Home Theater Magazine yesterday and ran across a new ad from Classé. I did a little research and found this Dream Home. It includes fourteen CA-M400s and a couple of SSP-300's. Tucked away is a Mark Levinson No. 40. I think they'll need to clear out the No. 40 to make room in that massive rack for the SSP-800 when it arrives.
              Yes, I saw it as well, great find RebelMan.

Just a bit over kill , and what the heck, with a million $+ to spend on equipment alone we would all be in Home Cinema Nirvana any one could do this, it only a question of $$.

On the other hand, all the money in the world does not make for good taste!!
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• RebelMan
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by beden1
                Like I said, there is no substitute for power! :T
                LOL, I figured you'd like that.

Glad people are enjoying the find. "Over the Top" has never sounded so understated until now.

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

"Over the Top" has never sounded so understated until now.
                  You got that right well now we need to find another super wealthy audio aficionado to do the following system, if I had the cash I would

7: B&W Nautilus

49: Classé CAM-400

1: Classé SSP-800

7: JL Audio Gotham Subwoofers

ect, etc........:T Of course one would need the right size room otherwise it would be very unfortunate for your ears :rofl:
                  Attached Files
                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sikoniko
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Aug 2003

I wasnt that impressed by the gothams to be honest...
                    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

Here is why it would have been nice if Classé had included Audyssey MultEQ® XT room correction system in the SSP-800

Wisdom Audio

"Audyssey MultEQ® XT room correction system is the most advanced and sophisticated room correction system available on the market today.

Audyssey MultEQ was developed over five years with $6 million of University-based research to discover how to build an advanced automatic system that can measure the acoustics of the room and correct audible sound distortion throughout the entire listening area, not just in one spot. It addresses both the amplitude domain (frequency response) and the time domain (transient response) — something other systems cannot do.

As implemented in Wisdom Audio systems, it includes the ability for your installer to take up to 32 separate measurements in the room. The MultEQ Pro software then analyzes all the response curves for patterns and similarities. Logically enough, the problems that are most characteristic of the room receive priority treatment, while problems that might exist at only a single location in the room receive less attention. In this way, the sound is improved everywhere in the room — something simpler systems fail to do.

Comment

• Minardi2
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by sikoniko
                        I wasnt that impressed by the gothams to be honest...
                        Really? Must have been the room, the source material, you, whatever. It appears to be one of the best subs out there, and considering how much I love my Fathom f113, I can only imagine what a Gotham would do.

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Minardi2
                          Really? Must have been the room, the source material, you, whatever. It appears to be one of the best subs out there, and considering how much I love my Fathom f113, I can only imagine what a Gotham would do.
                          I agree the F113 is outstanding I bought it over the B&W sub and all my speakers are B&W. 802D, 802N, 803, ....

Comment

• beden1
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Minardi2
                            My friend of 37 years replaced his three Fathom f113s with three JL Gothams.

With the f113s, he cracked one corner wall, and severely cracked three of his custom made floor to ceiling wood pillars. He hasn't cracked anything since getting the Gothams.

Actually, I got the sense that the Gothams were more controlled and accurate over the f113s. I prefer the Gothams, at least in his room and setup.

It may also be that the Gothams were easier to dial in better.

Comment

• beden1
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Oct 2006

LOL, I figured you'd like that.

Glad people are enjoying the find. "Over the Top" has never sounded so understated until now.
                              Powerful cars and amps . . . you've got to love them!

The only problem I'd have with this super system is, where do you go from there? I think half the fun of any hobby like audio/HT is researching and building on your system in stages. Then, only through the experience gained by listening and watching your system, can you start to appreciate and understand when and why the system needs improvements.

My friend went out and was sold a complete system last year to the tune of about $375,000. He had me come over to listen and watch, and although he has gotten it somewhat dialed in since, I kind of felt bad that he was fumbling around trying to get it to work for my demonstration. He really had no clue as to what he had purchased, other than what he was told/sold by his dealer.

He's fortunate to have the money to spend freely, but if it were me, I would have enjoyed it much more if the system had been built upon piece by piece. I would have personally wanted to hook it all up from scratch, and figured out and configured each piece as the system was being assembled along the way. As it is for him, I'm sure he can't truly appreciate what he has, because he really doesn't know what went into the assembly.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

It's an ironic situation that's all too often true. I've been in a few elaborate rooms with expensive systems, not quite like the one here, that looked like they would impress and that was about all they did. I've also been in reasonable looking rooms with very unassuming systems that looked like they would barely get by. I've since learned not to underestimate what an underdog can do. ;x(

Comment

• style
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Feb 2006

Hi,
                                  Very, very truly impressive setup.

Nothing to say.

But sincerely who can take advantage of a system like that one in a normal house or also in a room HT?

For having the maximum it thus must also have a study of recording or so like that!
                                  It is also true that if you have the possibilities to buy so a system
                                  you have also the possibility to have a recording study in order to make to play this very of God at (the) best.....

OR?????
                                  So on set is how much in $$$$$ ?????

Omar

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

With the f113s, he cracked one corner wall, and severely cracked three of his custom made floor to ceiling wood pillars. He hasn't cracked anything since getting the Gothams.
                                    Cracked the walls I can believe it! What volume was he playing at!

Comment

• beden1
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wettou
                                      We are both a bi-product of the 60's and 70's when the music was real, so I'm sure he has the habit of cranking it up on a regular basis. But, even at moderate volumes, three sub woofers such as these can do a number on house structures.

His house is a high end custom built home that is taking a beating. I had him do the test frequencies for his subs, so I could listen to how and where the low end signals were affecting the structures of his room. During the test, you could hear a ton of rattles and shaking going on from many areas of the room. I told him to spend some time to try and isolate the problem areas and take remedial action to rectify on his own if possible. He called me a week later and said that he had to schedule the building contractor to go in and re-build some decorative structures, tighten moldings, as well as repair numerous dry wall issues directly related to the sub woofer damage. He also had to place pads behind the corners of each hung picture and under all decorative art, have his sliding doors tightened, and put padding on all of the shelves in the adjoining kitchen, as well as place paper towels between every stacked piece in his kitchen cabinets, so the glasses and plates would stop rattling, etc.

He also has the second largest Focal speakers as his L/R fronts that don't help matters any! :B

Comment

• RobP
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • Nov 2004

Its actually not that hard to do, I have had to fix many little holes in my drywall from the bass popping out compound that cover the drywall nails.

I also need to change the door that goes into the bathroom, if its shut during a movie it will rattle like someone is trying to get out. The first time it happened we were watching a scary movie, I about jumped off the couch when it happened. :lol: (My wife still teases me about that one)
                                        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• alebonau
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Soundgravy
                                          Its actually not that hard to do, I have had to fix many little holes in my drywall from the bass popping out compound that cover the drywall nails.

I also need to change the door that goes into the bathroom, if its shut during a movie it will rattle like someone is trying to get out. The first time it happened we were watching a scary movie, I about jumped off the couch when it happened. :lol: (My wife still teases me about that one)
                                          hehe my velo DD15 has the power to move the front door as well so yeah bits of plaster cracking around the place can be a bit of an issue hehe

just have to watch the scene like the one in I am legend on blu-ray where will smith goes around the house putting down the shutters till he comes to the last one and then wow the bass from that scene can be enough to shake the foundations hehehe :lol:

can imagine the gothams bringing the house down ! hehehe
                                          "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• wettou
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • May 2006

JL Audio sub are limited to 20HZ as going much lower than that will start doing internal organ damage.

“. . . sound with a frequency of less than 16 Hz is inaudible. It’s called infrasound, and its effect on human beings is not completely understood. We do know, however, that high-intensity infrasound causes headache, fatigue, and anxiety . . . Our internal organs (heart, liver, stomach, kidneys) are attached to the bones by elastic connective tissue, and at low frequencies may be considered simple oscillators. The natural frequencies of most of them are below 12 Hz (which is in the infrasonic range). Thus, the organs may resonate. Of course, the amplitude of any resonance vibrations depends significantly on damping, which transforms mechanical energy into thermal energy . . . this amplitude decreases as the damping increases. Also, the amplitude is proportional to the amplitude of the harmonic force causing the vibrations" . . . by Gavreau

The maximum sound pressure level should be under 160 dB to prevent eardrum ruptures among people whose ears are not protected. On the other hand, the minimum sound pressure level should be about 120 dB (taking into account that use of earplugs and earmuffs can reduce the level impinging upon the eardrums by 25 dB on average, and a short-term noise becomes severe over 90-95 dB). Ear-drum rupture occurs at approximately 160 dB; lung rupture may happen at 175 dB

Comment

• beden1
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Oct 2006

JL Audio sub are limited to 20HZ as going much lower than that will start doing internal organ damage.

“. . . sound with a frequency of less than 16 Hz is inaudible. It’s called infrasound, and its effect on human beings is not completely understood. We do know, however, that high-intensity infrasound causes headache, fatigue, and anxiety . . . Our internal organs (heart, liver, stomach, kidneys) are attached to the bones by elastic connective tissue, and at low frequencies may be considered simple oscillators. The natural frequencies of most of them are below 12 Hz (which is in the infrasonic range). Thus, the organs may resonate. Of course, the amplitude of any resonance vibrations depends significantly on damping, which transforms mechanical energy into thermal energy . . . this amplitude decreases as the damping increases. Also, the amplitude is proportional to the amplitude of the harmonic force causing the vibrations" . . . by Gavreau

The maximum sound pressure level should be under 160 dB to prevent eardrum ruptures among people whose ears are not protected. On the other hand, the minimum sound pressure level should be about 120 dB (taking into account that use of earplugs and earmuffs can reduce the level impinging upon the eardrums by 25 dB on average, and a short-term noise becomes severe over 90-95 dB). Ear-drum rupture occurs at approximately 160 dB; lung rupture may happen at 175 dB
                                              and your point is . . . ?

Comment

• RobP
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • Nov 2004

I don't think anyone will have any problems with that, reaching 160db is a feat that I have only seen done in a few car audio competition vehicles, doing so in a home would require huge amounts of power and drivers

Many subs are capable of in room responses well below 20hz, JL included. I measured as low as 10hz in my HT and my kidneys have not popped out yet. :W
                                                Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• alebonau
                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Soundgravy
                                                  I don't think anyone will have any problems with that, reaching 160db is a feat that I have only seen done in a few car audio competition vehicles, doing so in a home would require huge amounts of power and drivers

Many subs are capable of in room responses well below 20hz, JL included. I measured as low as 10hz in my HT and my kidneys have not popped out yet. :W
                                                  yeah i've measured my velo dd to go down to 15hz. my old mission mains I had could reproduce down to the single figures.

suspect its the spl sound of that does the damage rather than the specific freq
                                                  "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• wettou
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • May 2006

and your point is . . . ?
                                                    Don't blow you ears:B

Comment

• beden1
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Oct 2006

Don't blow you ears:B
                                                      HUH . . . What did you say? :huh:

Comment

Working...
                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                      Search Result for "|||"