X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peter_p
    • May 2008

need help for the CAM-400

Does anyone encounter that one of the pairs got hot after playing a few songs and the other just remain warm on the surface? Is that the problem of the bias? Anyone can help? Thanks!
  • rickc
    • Sep 2006

I have had my Classe Cam400's for almost a year and I am amazed that they never get hot. This is even after running them hard for a long period of time. Now my 5200 amp from Classe is hot all of the time!

I would check to make sure that you have it hooked up correctly?

Comment

• peter_p
      • May 2008

I also had them for almost a year and they performed fanstatic in the past. I had followed the instruction in the manual to check all my other components, they are perfect all right. So I think the problem should be the Classe , they even shut down suddenly in the middle of the listening. Really frustrated.

Peter

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

Have you tried switching the amps around so the the one that is getting hot is running the other speaker? You may have something going on with one of your speakers.

Eric

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by peter_p
          I also had them for almost a year and they performed fanstatic in the past. I had followed the instruction in the manual to check all my other components, they are perfect all right. So I think the problem should be the Classe , they even shut down suddenly in the middle of the listening. Really frustrated. Peter
          Classé comes with a five year warranty so you should be covered, of course it's not as good as Bryston 20 Years warranty!!
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Glen B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by peter_p
            I also had them for almost a year and they performed fanstatic in the past. I had followed the instruction in the manual to check all my other components, they are perfect all right. So I think the problem should be the Classe , they even shut down suddenly in the middle of the listening. Really frustrated.

Peter
            What speakers are you using ? It can be helpful to list your system in your profile.

Comment

• peter_p
              • May 2008

Originally posted by hifiguymi
              Have you tried switching the amps around so the the one that is getting hot is running the other speaker? You may have something going on with one of your speakers.

Eric

Thanks Eric, I was barking up the wrong tree. The culprit is one of the speakers. Thank you everyone for your information.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"