X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AV-OCD
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RalphoR
    Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think I ever saw the option for digital sound in my cable box settings before. It worked! Thanks, again, for your help.

Ralph
    Whew, that was easier than I expected it to be. h:

Cheers,

- Tim

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think I ever saw the option for digital sound in my cable box settings before. It worked! Thanks, again, for your help.

Ralph
      I have U-verse as well and they just added that feature with the update they just pushed. Do you have different skins for the guide and menus now? You may also have the Total Home DVR 2 now as well so you can use all of the DVR features from remote rooms.

Eric

Comment

• RalphoR
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by hifiguymi
        I have U-verse as well and they just added that feature with the update they just pushed. Do you have different skins for the guide and menus now? You may also have the Total Home DVR 2 now as well so you can use all of the DVR features from remote rooms.

Eric

You know, come to think of it, I did notice changes to the U-Verse. I received a message telling me about it and the total dvr. I wonder if when they upgraded the software if that reset all my settings and that's why I lost my digital multi-channel output. When I fixed it from the advice I received I had never seen that setting to toggle between stereo and surround before.

I have not seen that I can change the skin for the background. I will have to look into it. What's your impression? Thanks for the info.

Ralph

Comment

• RalphoR
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by AV-OCD
          Whew, that was easier than I expected it to be. h:

Cheers,

- Tim

Thanks, Tim. I guess there has been a big update to U-Verse over the last few days that caused all the havoc :-) I never had a setting to change between stereo and surround...until just now. Kind of like getting a firmware notice that your SSP-800 has been upgraded....without Classe ever telling you what the firmware did!

Ralph

Comment

• hifiguymi
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2007

You know, come to think of it, I did notice changes to the U-Verse. I received a message telling me about it and the total dvr. I wonder if when they upgraded the software if that reset all my settings and that's why I lost my digital multi-channel output. When I fixed it from the advice I received I had never seen that setting to toggle between stereo and surround before.

I have not seen that I can change the skin for the background. I will have to look into it. What's your impression? Thanks for the info.

Ralph
            I'm sure everything was reset when the upgrade happened. That's what happened to me. I noticed my video output settings had changed to standard def from 1080i and the skin was different. As far as I know you can't change the skin, it just has a different look now and I like it better. I did some digging around and found the surround setting as well so now you can get Dolby Digital through the HDMI. Before it was only two channel through the HDMI and you needed the optical to get DD. I also found a place to see what the available space is on the HDD as well.

I only have one TV so I can't confirm how the Total Home DVD 2 works but from what I've read on a U-verse forum, it works fine.
            Eric

Comment

• RalphoR
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by hifiguymi
              I'm sure everything was reset when the upgrade happened. That's what happened to me. I noticed my video output settings had changed to standard def from 1080i and the skin was different. As far as I know you can't change the skin, it just has a different look now and I like it better. I did some digging around and found the surround setting as well so now you can get Dolby Digital through the HDMI. Before it was only two channel through the HDMI and you needed the optical to get DD. I also found a place to see what the available space is on the HDD as well.

I only have one TV so I can't confirm how the Total Home DVD 2 works but from what I've read on a U-verse forum, it works fine.
              Eric

The new background is definitely better with U-Verse. Have you noticed better sound going hdmi to the ssp-800 from the u-verse box than when you used optical? I still have it set for optical but it would be nice having one less wire. I would think sound set via hdmi would be better but I'd like to hear your thoughts before I reset my u-verse input on the 800 to hdmi.

By the way, I have four tvs hooked up to u-verse and the total home dvr works like a charm. the only bad thing is everyone in the house can see what everyone else has been recording :-) Thanks.

Ralph

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

The new background is definitely better with U-Verse. Have you noticed better sound going hdmi to the ssp-800 from the u-verse box than when you used optical? I still have it set for optical but it would be nice having one less wire. I would think sound set via hdmi would be better but I'd like to hear your thoughts before I reset my u-verse input on the 800 to hdmi.

By the way, I have four tvs hooked up to u-verse and the total home dvr works like a charm. the only bad thing is everyone in the house can see what everyone else has been recording :-) Thanks.

Ralph
                I didn't really listen critically but I really haven't heard a difference. I doubt you will hear much of difference with the SSP-800. If you want to cut down on the number of cables, then I'd tell you to do it.

Eric

Comment

• AV-OCD
                  • Aug 2008

Ralph
                  Typically, the sound quality is theoretically worse through HDMI than optical due to a high increase in jitter (timing errors). However, this doesn't really apply to the SSP-800 because it "reclocks" the incoming digital signal and greatly reduces the jitter over HDMI.

With that said, it is widely debated how high jitter levels need to be to be audible. So it may be a bit of a non-issue to begin with, but it sure doesn't hurt to have the SSP-800 clean things up no does it?
                  Last edited by AV-OCD; 07 August 2009, 02:32 Friday.

Comment

• Srrndhound
                    • Sep 2008

If I set up the SSP-800 to provide dual subwoofer outputs, is there a way to adjust their volume as a group--one control? Or do the output trims only affect one channel at a time? I like having an easy access to a sub trim to help compensate for varying content, so I'd like them to move as a group.

Comment

• sikoniko
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Srrndhound
                      If I set up the SSP-800 to provide dual subwoofer outputs, is there a way to adjust their volume as a group--one control? Or do the output trims only affect one channel at a time? I like having an easy access to a sub trim to help compensate for varying content, so I'd like them to move as a group.
                      the best way to acheive this then would be to use a Y cable.
                      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Srrndhound
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by sikoniko
                        the best way to acheive this then would be to use a Y cable.
                        That's what I do now. Just checking my options prior to install of new kit.

Thanks.

Comment

• sikoniko
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Aug 2003

That's what I do now. Just checking my options prior to install of new kit.

Thanks.
                          My subs are equi-distant. I currently have them on 2 seperate outputs, but I will change them back once I upgrade my DSP. I'm planning on holding my Aux's for when PLIIz is available. I want to hear what kind of a difference it will make. I am really curious if B&W will recommend using a pair of SCMs's, or if they will make a specialized speaker for that position.

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

My subs are equi-distant. I currently have them on 2 seperate outputs, but I will change them back once I upgrade my DSP. I'm planning on holding my Aux's for when PLIIz is available. I want to hear what kind of a difference it will make. I am really curious if B&W will recommend using a pair of SCMs's, or if they will make a specialized speaker for that position.
                            @sikoniko, do you believe that the PLIIz will be available with the classe upgrade??

a pair of SCMs as "present?!?!" speaker for the PLIIz setting? this is a interessing point... in a speaker-set with 802 as front i don't know of is the best solution...we go see in the next month....

style

Comment

• sikoniko
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by style
                              @sikoniko, do you believe that the PLIIz will be available with the classe upgrade??

a pair of SCMs as "present?!?!" speaker for the PLIIz setting? this is a interessing point... in a speaker-set with 802 as front i don't know of is the best solution...we go see in the next month....

style
                              no, it won't be included. but they plan on adding it.

I don't know what the best speaker would be since I can't hang 802's from my ceiling. The presentation I saw at CES used the same speakers for height as the did L/R. Thats not practical for me.

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                • Sep 2008

I don't know what the best speaker would be since I can't hang 802's from my ceiling. The presentation I saw at CES used the same speakers for height as the did L/R. Thats not practical for me.
                                The SCMS and the like are more than adequate--maybe overkill, but will certainly work very well.

Comment

• Whacked!
                                  • Jun 2009

Deleted, moved to proper thread.
                                  Last edited by Whacked!; 17 August 2009, 21:31 Monday.

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                    • Sep 2008

Is there a simple cut/paste way to copy a Configuration in SSP-800? Or do I have to enter all the data again?

Comment

• sikoniko
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2003

would be nice to have a copy feature, eh?

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                        • Sep 2008

would be nice to have a copy feature, eh?
                                        I'll take that as a "no." Maybe I'll add that to the wish list for Dave. A "save as" option that can point to the other Configs.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Aug 2003

I'll take that as a "no." Maybe I'll add that to the wish list for Dave. A "save as" option that can point to the other Configs.
                                          I've asked for this before... sorry for not directly answering it. perhaps the more requests though...

Comment

• Danes-don't-lie
                                            • Sep 2009

Hi,

Glad to find your forum on Classe gear.

I am wondering if anyone is using Dynaudio or Simaudio with the SSP-800?

My next upgrade is my pre/pro and sound is first and foremost. I also use dual subs and would like to better understand how the Classe handles dual Subs. I will try to go back thru the thread to see if I can find my answer.

I run Dynaudio Confidence C2(L/R), Confidence Center and Confidence C1's for the rear. My Subs are dual REL Britannia B1's.

Amp is Simaudio Titan multi-channel and CDP is Rega Saturn.

I am looking for an upgrade from my current NAD Masters M15. The NAD and Rega might be a little too smooth for my likings at times. Other times I am very happy. Perhaps just a little more sparkle would be appreciated.

I would like to stay with a pre/pro for now and not a seperate pre/amp.

I am looking for the last piece of the puzzle to really tie my current speakers, subs, amp and CDP all together and be the electronic heart that pushes me over the top in thrill factor.

Thanks for any input from any users of Dynaudio or Simaudio with the SSP-800.

Regards-

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Danes-don't-lie
                                              I also use dual subs and would like to better understand how the Classe handles dual Subs. I will try to go back thru the thread to see if I can find my answer.
                                              The SSP can handle 1, 2 or 3 subs. All three can be fed the same mono signal, or the 2- or 3-sub modes can be in "stereo," meaning L/R or L/C/R bass signals remain separate (even when the subs all carry LFE equally). In either case, each sub then offers 5 band PEQ and time/level adjustment for tuning.

I am looking for an upgrade from my current NAD Masters M15. The NAD and Rega might be a little too smooth for my likings at times. Other times I am very happy. Perhaps just a little more sparkle would be appreciated.
                                              While I am not familiar with NAD's sound, I can tell you that I've had a Meridian 861, Tag McLaren AV32R, and a short stint with Lexicon MC-12, and the SSP is the most detailed and textured sound I've had. I'd call that sparkle. :B

Comment

• nedkuehn
                                                • Aug 2008

While I am not familiar with NAD's sound, I can tell you that I've had a Meridian 861, Tag McLaren AV32R, and a short stint with Lexicon MC-12, and the SSP is the most detailed and textured sound I've had. I'd call that sparkle. :B[/QUOTE]

I have been using the SSP-800 for a bit over a year now. It replaced the Levinson No.40 and I have not missed the No.40 once (even given that the NO.40 is 4 times the price of the SSP-800). In fact, I believe the SSP-800 to be more refined with greater inner detail, pitch definition, and air (probably due to its extremely low jitter - so no timing errors to muddle the music). Speakers have remained the same - Dynaudio Evidence Temptation (FR/FL), Evidence Center, Special 25th Anniversary Edition (2 pairs, side and rear), and REL Studio III Sub-bass system. The SSP-800 is outstanding with these speakers and I doubt any owner of Dynaudio speakers (or any other quality speakers) would be the least bit dissapointed this amazing bargin in high-end audio.

Comment

• Obiwan45
                                                  • Sep 2009

Finally receive my SSP800

YOUPPI !!!

I pickup my SSP800 yesterday and installed it today.
                                                  My dealer was nice because he stay late at the store for me.
                                                  I arrived at my dealer 30 minute after the store was close.
                                                  That's service !!!
                                                  Played with setup today !!!
                                                  Did not have time to evaluate the sound yet

:B

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Obiwan45
                                                    YOUPPI !!!

I pickup my SSP800 yesterday and installed it today.
                                                    My dealer was nice because he stay late at the store for me.
                                                    I arrived at my dealer 30 minute after the store was close.
                                                    That's service !!!
                                                    Played with setup today !!!
                                                    Did not have time to evaluate the sound yet

:B

Welcome to the club!!!! You will enjoy many hours of fantastic music and moviesound!!! You made the best choice!!!! :T :T

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                                      • Apr 2008

need help please!

Hello -
                                                      I just bought and used Turntable, and of course it does come with a white and red color RCA cable attached. Can please someone point or direct me where exactly these 2 cables attached to the SSP-800? ops:
                                                      Thank you
                                                      Carlos

Comment

• adidino
                                                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by wer4ccsn
                                                        Hello -
                                                        I just bought and used Turntable, and of course it does come with a white and red color RCA cable attached. Can please someone point or direct me where exactly these 2 cables attached to the SSP-800? ops:
                                                        Thank you
                                                        Carlos
                                                        You need a "phono in" which the ssp-800 does not have. You're going to need a phono preamp if you want to plug the turntable into the Classe.

Comment

• Obiwan45
                                                          • Sep 2009

Hello -
                                                          Thank you
                                                          Carlos
                                                          Sorry for saying but they are no PHONO (Turntable) input on the SSP-800.
                                                          You will have to buy a PHONO PREAMP to use between your turntable and any of the SSP-800 stereo input.

They are many PHONO PREAMP on the market and a lots are inexpesensive.
                                                          That is the good part of your story

Regards !!

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Obiwan45
                                                            Sorry for saying but they are no PHONO (Turntable) input on the SSP-800.
                                                            You will have to buy a PHONO PREAMP to use between your turntable and any of the SSP-800 stereo input.

They are many PHONO PREAMP on the market and a lots are inexpesensive.
                                                            That is the good part of your story

Regards !!
                                                            Thanks for your prompt reply Adidino and obiwan45, but if I ended up buying a PHONO PREAM still exactly where these 2 cables attached to the SSP-800? Thanks
                                                            carlos

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                                              • Sep 2008

Thanks for your prompt reply Adidino and obiwan45, but if I ended up buying a PHONO PREAM still exactly where these 2 cables attached to the SSP-800?
                                                              Use analog in 2 or 3, identified as #13 on page 18 of the manual.

Comment

• wildtangent
                                                                • Dec 2006

where these 2 cables attached to the SSP-800?
                                                                There are 3 analog inputs on the SSP800 marked 'Analog Audio In'. They are in the middle group between the 7.1 bypass input and the IR. trigger and communications connectors. Analog 1 is a balanced (XLR) input while Analog 2 and 3 are single ended (RCA) inputs. The analog inputs can be be configured to pass the audio through the DSP or you can configure them for stereo bypass operation and use the 800 as a preamp.

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                                                  • Apr 2008

Use analog in 2 or 3, identified as #13 on page 18 of the manual.
                                                                  Ok. Thanks everyone for your input. I did NOT really expect some like that (a phono preamp) I guess i have to hold on that one, I was breaking my head plugging those RCA everywhere on the back of the 800 ops: Thanks again
                                                                  Carlos

Comment

• wettou
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2006

Bare Bones!
                                                                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Tesuka
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Nov 2009

news from Classé

This is new, direct from Classé:

I think you may be experiencing an issue on the 2.0.0 code which results in the unit remaining muted if you play an analog, optical or COAX input immediately after bringing the unit out of standby.

To overcome this muting issue, simply play an audio and video source via HDMI immediately after the unit is brought out of standby. You only have to play for a fraction of a second and the SSP-800 will unmute and perform normally until you next put it into standby.

I am very sorry about this. We'll be addressing the issue in a new software release that is scheduled for the week of November 23rd.

I'll inform you when the code is available but please say if you have any queries.

Best wishes

Tom

Comment

• wettou
                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Tesuka
                                                                        This is new, direct from Classé:

I think you may be experiencing an issue on the 2.0.0 code which results in the unit remaining muted if you play an analog, optical or COAX input immediately after bringing the unit out of standby.

To overcome this muting issue, simply play an audio and video source via HDMI immediately after the unit is brought out of standby. You only have to play for a fraction of a second and the SSP-800 will unmute and perform normally until you next put it into standby.

I am very sorry about this. We'll be addressing the issue in a new software release that is scheduled for the week of November 23rd.

I'll inform you when the code is available but please say if you have any queries.

Best wishes

Tom
                                                                        Muchas Gracias Amigo, Thank you, Merci, Danke.....
                                                                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• wettou
                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2006
                                                                          • 3389

Originally posted by RebelMan
                                                                          Keep checking this thread for updates. I should have more specifics in the coming weeks.
                                                                          RebelMan: Are you gone forever from this site?

What about that review you had promised to all

Ah well, hope all is well, you are one of the few objective rather than fanatic! :B

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Sep 2005
                                                                            • 1792

Originally posted by wettou
                                                                            RebelMan: Are you gone forever from this site?

What about that review you had promised to all

Ah well, hope all is well, you are one of the few objective rather than fanatic! :B
                                                                            he hasnt logged in since May.

I think its safe to say he has moved on :cry:

Comment

• wettou
                                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                                              • May 2006
                                                                              • 3389

Originally posted by Nolan B
                                                                              he hasnt logged in since May. I think its safe to say he has moved on :cry:
                                                                              I guess that is very unfortunate for us may be some thing major happened?

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Aug 2003
                                                                                • 2299

I guess that is very unfortunate for us may be some thing major happened?
                                                                                yep. he got a new hobby. his mustang. he and I will be heading to CES again in january if anyone wants to meet up.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                  • May 2006
                                                                                  • 3389

yep. he got a new hobby. his mustang. he and I will be heading to CES again in january if anyone wants to meet up.
                                                                                  A mustang how disappointing 8O

Since you guys are great buddies maybe you could ask him to publish his review on the SSP-800!!

Also now we know the truth we assume you are both Dealers
                                                                                  Last edited by wettou; 12 November 2009, 23:02 Thursday.

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • May 2008
                                                                                    • 222

A mustang how disappointing (white trash car) 8O

Since you guys are great buddies maybe you could ask him to publish his review on the SSP-800!!

Welcome back Wettou :roll: not very nice to slag like that...if it is his passion, so be it.

I would think with the availability of the dual dsp onboard decoding of the SSP 800 you would be able to write your own objective article since you said the second they had that feature you would be buying...

:^x
                                                                                    Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Aug 2003
                                                                                      • 2299

how cute. did you come up with that on your own?

CES is open to the public. I highly recommend everyone to come if they can. its a great time and a chance to see million dollar systems you won't get to see at the same time anywhere else.

btw, if I was a dealer I wouldnt still have 802N's in my system.

Comment

• garak
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Jul 2007
                                                                                        • 310

Wow wettou, that is just uncalled for. That statement is just offensive on so many levels.

Comment

• JoseS
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Nov 2009
                                                                                          • 57

True. Totally classless. Originally wondered what he was implying when he asked me a previous question. I guess now I know.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Sep 2005
                                                                                            • 1792

wow. Cant say you bring much value to this forum. Complain about the SSP 800 not having a dual board, then when they release it you dont buy it. Then you start insulting well respected members.

Here is an idea. If you dont have anything valuable to post, then post nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"