X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by rompower
    Are you saying the menu that pop's up on the TV is in 480 <<<<< yes.. on the tv... osd menu is in 480

siko, I'll let you know my version in few minutes...
    How to do you change name on configuration? I mean.. I have configuration 1 and... can't change the name of it like "Blu-Ray"... can't get to select the name .. I have

< - + > can't do nothing more... Do i have to press a certain button?
    To change the name: click menu -> system setup ->
    Configuration -> Configuration 1 -> name -> Press Left Arrow to clear out current text -> Use + and - buttons to locate upper case or lower case letter.

Configuration is used for setting speaker size, crossover, distance, calibration. What I believe you are looking for is input name:

click menu -> system setup -> input -> name -> Use left arrow (<) to clear out 'Input 1' -> and use + / - to locate uppercase / lowercase letter and right arrow (>) to advance to next letter.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Are you saying the menu that pop's up on the TV is in 480 <<<<< yes.. on the tv... osd menu is in 480

siko, I'll let you know my version in few minutes...
      can you clarify what makes you think it is populating in 480 even if the screen is showing a 1080p signal? The onscreen display is generally just an overlay.

You may choose to not display it as well. To do this click: Menu -> Display Setup -> OSD Setup -> Events -> and unclick whichever events you don't want to display. if you choose duration, you can set how long you want the display to show.

Comment

• rompower
        • May 2008

0.3.5 build 0029

Comment

• rompower
          • May 2008

abcd

Comment

• rompower
            • May 2008

here's a picture
            Attached Files

Comment

• rompower
              • May 2008

And... I need some help =)
              How do we connect preamp to amp ? IR or canbus?!? I want to turn on the preamp and.. then turns up the amp with a delay.. (2 amps ton configure) ca-5100 and a ca-3200. And also, I want to get access to temp information and everything like this
              thanks

Just watched a movie...(live free) and.. wow Many hours of pleasure to come

Comment

• neil w
                • Jan 2006

rompower

give us some pics , specially the back

Comment

• rompower
                  • May 2008

ok, I'm not at home atm, I'll take some snaps within few hours ... the back... I have to remove it!! eheh

Comment

• hifiguymi
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007

And... I need some help =)
                    How do we connect preamp to amp ? IR or canbus?!? I want to turn on the preamp and.. then turns up the amp with a delay.. (2 amps ton configure) ca-5100 and a ca-3200. And also, I want to get access to temp information and everything like this
                    thanks

Just watched a movie...(live free) and.. wow Many hours of pleasure to come
                    CANBUS is the way to go. You have to do CANBUS if you want to look at amp temp, incoming voltage, etc.

How old are your amps? You may have to do a firmware update to the amps for CANBUS to work.

Eric

Comment

• rompower
                      • May 2008

Ca-5100 is 2-3 months old. Ca-3200 is 2 years old. How can update firmware? About canbus, regular cat5 is working or ?!? Thanks

Comment

• hifiguymi
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2007

Yes, regular cat5 is all you need for CANBUS.

If your CA-5100 is only a few months old, you should be OK with that one. The CA-3200 probably needs it. Here is the link to Classe's website that has all of the info you need.

Eric

Comment

• rompower
                          • May 2008

Thanks Eric
                          CA-5100 works flawlessly, Didn't try the 320 yet, will try later. =) (It su*** to upgrade those parts!) eheh

Comment

• hifiguymi
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2007

If the CA-3200 doesn't work (just try it first) and you need to update the firmware, you need a computer with a serial port. USB adaptors typically don't work with Classe gear (like quite a few others) for updates. Let us know what happens.

Eric

Comment

• ryst
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                              USB adaptors typically don't work with Classe gear (like quite a few others) for updates.
                              Eric
                              Sure they do, I used it all the time with my SSP600/CAM400

Comment

• RebelMan
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ryst
                                Sure they do, I used it all the time with my SSP600/CAM400
                                I can get it to work without incident too but the hybrid cables can be finicky with some types of RS-232 equipment. Not to be tried by the faint-of-heart.
                                "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• beden1
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2006

I was just speaking with my dealer (their General Manager) about the SSP-800, as I'm trying to zero in on whether to pull the trigger and buy one, or not.

On the question about the connection between a computer and the SSP-800 for doing upgrades, you need to use a USB (from the computer) to phone jack connection (into the SSP-800) - an RJ45 cable. This is not included with the unit, and you would need to get one at a computer retailer.

I asked about the hardware upgrade for the new lossless codecs, and whether it would be performed at the dealer or would have to be sent back to Classe. The answer is that they have not received the definitive answer at this point. This is something that has typically been done at the retailer in the past for other units and manufacturers, so it's plausible that it will be done at the retailer, but not definite at this point.

I asked about the lead time to order a beta version of the SSP800. He said it can be ordered and delivered with the Beta software on-board…there will be updates coming. If ordered, it would be here in 7-10 days.

I asked about any known glitches/issues with the SSP-800 at this point with the beta units. He said that a software issue is an intermittent hum, and that they say they have identified the source and the fix is weeks away?

This is a large dealer that is also actively involved in the industry. I asked if he was able to do a side-by-side comparison with the SSP-800 and any other manufacturer SSPs/AVPs, and if he had heard any differences in sound quality specifically between the Denon AVP and the Classe SSP-800. He said that he had, and there is no comparison in his opinion. He felt that the SSP-800 stomps on the Denon AVP and the new Marantz AVP for audio quality. He also felt that the Marantz unit offered more bang for the buck as compared to the Denon AVP.

He felt that the Denon AVP and the Marantz AVP are excellent units due to their multitude of features, but, the SSP-800 is far superior to either of them in terms of sound quality. He compared the audible sound quality of the SSP-800 to at least as good as the CP-700.

I asked him about the Audessey room calibration system, and how I wish the SSP-800 included this with the unit. I particularly was interested in whether Audessey could help correct reverb issues in the room. He said that the Audessey system that comes with the Denon AVP would not do much to solve these issues, but that Audessey pro does try to account for this and does do some measure of correction. But, the room acoustics would also have to be addressed in order to get a complete solution.

In order to get the standalone Audessey Pro system, the retail is about $2,500. You can use this for the SSP-800.

The SSP-800 supposedly does come with a microphone to work with their own internal room calibration system. I'm just not sure how this works if the SSP-800 has a manual process?

I forgot to ask him if the Classe SSP-800 works with the Microsoft Vista operating system for doing firmware upgrades. Has anyone figured out if it does, or not?

When I asked about the difficulaty of setting up the SSP-800, he said that it will initially make you swear at it profusely. But, once you get their approach, it is actually a straight forward logic.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Aug 2003

Checking in. Just picked up my SSP-800.

Now I have to try and work for a few more hours... not sure how I'll get much done.

When I asked about the difficulaty of setting up the SSP-800, he said that it will initially make you swear at it profusely. But, once you get their approach, it is actually a straight forward logic.
                                    Setup is nearly identical to setup of SSP-300 and SSP-600 with a few changes.

Comment

• wettou
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • May 2006

Congratulations

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                      Checking in. Just picked up my SSP-800. Now I have to try and work for a few more hours... not sure how I'll get much done. Setup is nearly identical to setup of SSP-300 and SSP-600 with a few changes.
                                      Congratulation, how does it feel, like a kid in a candy shop I bet? Is it all you expected and more I hope :T

Tell us your experience, I am still on the fence and am looking to get my room optimized properly so I won't need Audyssey Pro EQ!

I think I still will wait for the new codecs and bugs to be fixed, I just can't blow $8,000 with out making sure the thing is robust and market tested call me prudent! :B
                                      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• RebelMan
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by beden1
                                        I was just speaking with my dealer (their General Manager) about the SSP-800, as I'm trying to zero in on whether to pull the trigger and buy one, or not.
                                        Are you able to arrange a demonstration?

On the question about the connection between a computer and the SSP-800 for doing upgrades, you need to use a USB (from the computer) to phone jack connection (into the SSP-800) - an RJ45 cable. This is not included with the unit, and you would need to get one at a computer retailer.
                                        The RJ45 jack is for CANBUS support only. It isn't a conduit for firmware updates. Only the RS-232 or USB ports can be utilized for the purposes of upgrading the software. Since most recent computer laptops have scraped the serial port you will need to use a USB to 9 PIN (male) serial cable instead.

I asked about the hardware upgrade for the new lossless codecs, and whether it would be performed at the dealer, or would have to be sent back to Classe. The answer is that they have not received the definitive answer at this point. This is something that has typically been done at the retailer in the past for other units and manufacturers, so it's plausible that it will be done at the retailer, but not definite at this point.
                                        True but if you can imagine the magnitude of upgrades that would be incurred through Equity and other distribution points internationally it would behoove them to make the upgrade available through dealerships. You can count on it.

I asked about the lead time to order a beta version of the SSP800. He said it can be ordered and delivered with the Beta software on-board…there will be updates coming. If ordered, it would be here in 7-10 days.
                                        There is no guaranteed time frame but I just got word that my processor will be here on Monday so it's fairly possible that it could be that long (short).

I asked about any known glitches/issues with the SSP-800 at this point with the beta units. He said that a software issue is an intermittent hum, and that they say they have identified the source and the fix is weeks away?
                                        There is an switching issue they have known of and are able to reproduce and are actively working on a fix that may take weeks to correct.

This is a large dealer that is also actively involved in the industry. I asked if he was able to do a side-by-side comparison with the SSP-800 and any other manufacturer SSPs/AVPs, and if he had heard any differences in sound quality specifically between the Denon AVP and the Classe SSP-800. He said that he had, and there is no comparison in his opinion. He felt that the SSP-800 stomps on the Denon AVP and the new Marantz AVP for audio quality. He also felt that the Marantz unit offered more bang for the buck as compared to the Denon AVP.

He felt that the Denon AVP and the Marantz AVP are excellent units due to their multitude of features, but, the SSP-800 is far superior to either of them in terms of sound quality. He compared the audible sound quality of the SSP-800 to at least as good as the CP-700.
                                        I suspect we'll be hearing a lot more of this type of feedback in the coming weeks and months. :T

I asked him about the Audessey room calibration system, and how I wish the SSP-800 included this with the unit. I particularly was interested in whether Audessey could help correct reverb issues in the room. He said that the Audessey system that comes with the Denon AVP would not do much to solve these issues, but that Audessey pro does try to account for this and does do some measure of correction. But, the room acoustics would also have to be addressed in order to get a complete solution.

In order to get the standalone Audessey Pro system, the retail is about $2,500. You can use this for the SSP-800.
                                        Great sound plus flexibility, it doesn't get any better than that.

The SSP-800 supposedly does come with a microphone to work with their own internal room calibration system. I'm just not sure how this works if the SSP-800 has a manual process?
                                        It does not come with a mic.

This will vary from person to person but familiarity with the unit's UI and experience with manual speaker calibration (NOT REQ) will alleviate any difficulties, this goes for most processors.

Comment

• wettou
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • May 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
                                          I just got word that my processor will be here on Monday
                                          Congratulation as well RebelMan, please let us know your impressions even if I have a feeling it will be a bit biased
                                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• beden1
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Oct 2006

[QUOTE=RebelMan]Are you able to arrange a demonstration?

Unfortunately no. I'm in PA and he is near my Florida home. He carries the Marantz and not the Denon. He was at some seminar in Montreal where he was able to hear the demonstration with the SSP-800 and the other SSP/AVPs.

The RJ45 jack is for CANBUS support only. It isn't a conduit for firmware updates. Only the RS-232 or USB ports can be utilized for the purposes of upgrading the software. Since most new computer laptops have scraped the serial port you will need to use a USB to 9 PIN (male) serial cable instead.

Great, now even my dealer is confusing me. You're saying that I can use a USB to USB connection, or a USB (from laptop) to a 9 pin male serial cable connection to the SSP-800?

True but if you can imagine the magnitude of upgrades that would be incurred through Equity and other distribution points internationally it would behoove them to make the upgrade available through dealerships. You can count on it.

I would hope so.

There is no guaranteed time frame but I just got word that my processor will be here on Monday so it's fairly possible that it could be that long (short).

He just called me and confirmed the availability and ordering time frame.

It does not come with a mic.

I'll have to ask him again about this. I'm not sure why he said there was? I even questioned this, as the system in the SSP-800 is manual.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by wettou
                                              Congratulation as well RebelMan, please let us know your impressions even if I have a feeling it will be a bit biased
                                              Thanks. I think we are all biased to some extent but I paid good money for the unit and so I have very high expectations. If I am let down there's no way I could cover that up. If Classe' gave me the processor for free then who am I to complain? They didn't so I am free to speak my mind!

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Thanks. I think we are all biased to some extent but I paid good money for the unit and so I have very high expectations. If I am let down there's no way I could cover that up. If Classé gave me the processor for free then who am I to complain? They didn't so I am free to speak my mind!
                                                Great I am glad that you remain pure of mind :T Let us know when it arrives!

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Mar 2005

Great, now even my dealer is confusing me. You're saying that I can use a USB to USB connection, or a USB (from laptop) to a 9 pin male serial cable connection to the SSP-800?
                                                  This is what I am saying, but there is one caveat to the USB on the processor. Classe' chose a Type-B connector and they don't explain how the update can be applied with it. So my advice would be to use a serial-to-serial or USB-to-serial cable for now.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Aug 2003

no Mic in my box. beginning to cable up now.

Comment

• beden1
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Oct 2006

My dealer emailed me to say he got some clarification/corrections to the questions I had asked. He spoke with a Classe executive.

1.) The software downloader issue that existed with Vista will be fixed by next week.
                                                      2.) They are pretty much done with the software issues…they expect to begin shipping the “real” units in 1 week.
                                                      3.) The Surround boards ARE dealer changeable…the upgrade to Dolby HD, and DTS HD Master will be done that way and will be no charge to the end user.
                                                      4.) Now the bad news…they are sold out of pre-release units…once these become real units they have approx. 6-8 weeks of production on back-order.

Sorry for the earlier confusion, but I'm just a messenger. :B

Comment

• beden1
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Oct 2006

This is what I am saying, but there is one caveat to the USB on the processor. Classe' chose a Type-B connector and they don't explain how the update can be applied with it. So my advice would be to use a serial-to-serial or USB-to-serial cable for now.
                                                        I just checked my lap top and it has the RS-232 serial port. I guess I'm good to go, once they get the Vista issue corrected, and if and when I can get my hands on an SSp-800.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                          • Mar 2005

My dealer emailed me to say he got some clarification/corrections to the questions I had asked. He spoke with a Classe executive.
                                                          1.) The software downloader issue that existed with Vista will be fixed by next week. Excellent
                                                          2.) They are pretty much done with the software issues…they expect to begin shipping the “real” units in 1 week. They're all "real units". :P I think what you meant to say is "final code".
                                                          3.) The Surround boards ARE dealer changeable…the upgrade to Dolby HD, and DTS HD Master will be done that way and will be no charge to the end user. No surprises here.
                                                          4.) Now the bad news…they are sold out of pre-release units…once these become real units they have approx. 6-8 weeks of production on back-order. No surprises here either.

Sorry for the earlier confusion, but I'm just a messenger. :B No problem.

Comment

• dmccombs
                                                            • Sep 2006

I asked if he was able to do a side-by-side comparison with the SSP-800 and any other manufacturer SSPs/AVPs, and if he had heard any differences in sound quality specifically between the Denon AVP and the Classe SSP-800. He said that he had, and there is no comparison in his opinion. He felt that the SSP-800 stomps on the Denon AVP and the new Marantz AVP for audio quality. He also felt that the Marantz unit offered more bang for the buck as compared to the Denon AVP.

I have the Denon AVP, and like it very much. I think it is the unit that the SSP-800 will be measured against in the short term.

If someone would like to ship me their SSP-800, I would be happy to do an in-depth comparison and report back. :rofl:

Darrell

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Mar 2006

I asked him about the Audessey room calibration system, and how I wish the SSP-800 included this with the unit. I particularly was interested in whether Audessey could help correct reverb issues in the room. He said that the Audessey system that comes with the Denon AVP would not do much to solve these issues, but that Audessey pro does try to account for this and does do some measure of correction.
                                                              Seems as if he does not really understand the differences or common principles of Audyssey.
                                                              But, the room acoustics would also have to be addressed in order to get a complete solution.
                                                              Agreed.

Kal
                                                              Kal Rubinson
                                                              _______________________________
                                                              "Music in the Round"
                                                              Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                              http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• wettou
                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                • May 2006

Originally posted by dmccombs
                                                                I have the Denon AVP, and like it very much. I think it is the unit that the SSP-800 will be measured against in the short term. If someone would like to ship me their SSP-800, I would be happy to do an in-depth comparison and report back. Darrell
                                                                Yes we need to have someone do a face-off, I can't wait until there is a side by side comparison. The Denon will win on the feature side but what I am most interested is in sound! :B

Kal, we are looking at you to compare the SSP-800 - Denon AVP - Integra DTC 9.9, this will give us

Comment

• beden1
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Oct 2006

1.) The software downloader issue that existed with Vista will be fixed by next week. Excellent
                                                                  2.) They are pretty much done with the software issues…they expect to begin shipping the “real” units in 1 week. They're all "real units". :P I think what you meant to say is "final code".
                                                                  3.) The Surround boards ARE dealer changeable…the upgrade to Dolby HD, and DTS HD Master will be done that way and will be no charge to the end user. No surprises here.
                                                                  4.) Now the bad news…they are sold out of pre-release units…once these become real units they have approx. 6-8 weeks of production on back-order. No surprises here either.

Sorry for the earlier confusion, but I'm just a messenger. :B No problem.
                                                                  I listed his words verbatim. I agree that they are all "real", but I think he meant to say the retail units, or "final code".

The good news is, I decided to get one of my own SSp-800's, and will have it in about 2 weeks. The dealer is selling me the unit they ordered a long time ago to use as their demo unit. This unit will be a "final code" version, so maybe I can forgo one or two updates.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2006

I listed his words verbatim. I agree that they are all "real", but I think he meant to say the retail units, or "final code".

The good news is, I decided to get one of my own SSp-800's, and will have it in about 2 weeks. The dealer is selling me the unit they ordered a long time ago to use as their demo unit. This unit will be a "final code" version, so maybe I can forgo one or two updates.
                                                                    Updates, updates..... as long as it is software, but for the new codec it will have to be hardware, want your dealer replacing boards, I don't think so I would rather have it done at the factory and tested before shipment.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Oct 2006

Updates, updates..... as long as it is software, but for the new codec it will have to be hardware, want your dealer replacing boards, I don't think so I would rather have it done at the factory and tested before shipment.
                                                                      I've thought about it hard for a while now, as well as reading enough to make my eye balls go cockeyed. I guess it's as good a time to do it as any, particularly since my pre-amp and receiver are disconnected and out for service anyway.

From what I gather, the replacement board will be like plugging in a computer board, along with some software. I've done that enough times myself with my computers, that I doubt it's going to be too tough for the dealer (or one of his techs) to do.

As of yesterday, I was really leaning towards the Denon AVP for all of it's features. After more research last night and today, and in speaking with my dealer, I decided that the sound of music is what turns me on the most. Also, I figured out that I can use a dock station for my iPod for background music, so I'm good to go.

By getting the SSP-800, I'll also be able to finally determine whether I move to the 800Ds or not. I really prefer to keep the 803Ds and the HTM2D which offers a very balanced system, and I think at this point, the addition of the SSP-800 will help me to fully enjoy my setup as is.
                                                                      Last edited by beden1; 16 August 2008, 00:33 Saturday.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                        • Mar 2005

I recently ran across a post from another board about HDMI, High-End Products, and Sound Quality. I though it would be appropriate to link here.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Oct 2006
                                                                          • 1676

I recently ran across a post from another board about HDMI, High-End Products, and Sound Quality. I though it would be appropriate to link here.
                                                                          That was an interesting read . . . thanks for posting.

I was reading some threads last night, and came across a mention that Rotel was having some difficulties with their HDMI connection/implementation. Is Rotel completely separate from Classe when it comes to design and engineering?

Comment

• Hberg
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Apr 2008
                                                                            • 95

I should have my SSP-800 in about two weeks.

I am just giddy with excitement.
                                                                            "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                                              • Mar 2005
                                                                              • 3139

That was an interesting read . . . thanks for posting.

I was reading some threads last night, and came across a mention that Rotel was having some difficulties with their HDMI connection/implementation. Is Rotel completely separate from Classe when it comes to design and engineering?
                                                                              My pleasure. Rotel and Classe' are completely separate entities and there exists a health competitive spirit between them. It's quite entertaining to watch the executives nip at one another but the respect between the two companies runs deep within the B&W organization.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Oct 2006
                                                                                • 1676

I'm out walking the dog at the park, and I'm thinking about the need for adding some longer interconnects to position the SSP-800. The question came to mind, as to how to bi-amp my center channel speaker using balanced cables?

I think I read the unit has 10 channels, and it was mentioned that some of these channels can be used for bi-amping, but, how would you do this with the center channel?

I also seem to remember reading somewhere that the RCA outputs and the balanced outputs have the same gain in this unit? If this is the case, then I could still use my single cable to a Y adaptor to connect to the two channels in the amp, but I'd really like to use balanced connections.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                  • Mar 2005
                                                                                  • 3139

I am running into the same situation as you beden1. I intend to biamp the HTM1D using two channels from the CA-5100. The plan I have in mind (if possible) is to run one XLR cable from the processor center channel output to an XLR Y-splitter that would connect directly to the amplifier. I checked the male and female connectors on both ends of my cables and they snap together perfectly. A little custom cable work will probably be necessary but the solution would only require two parts instead of three, the cable and the splitter.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • Oct 2006
                                                                                    • 1676

I am running into the same situation as you beden1. I intend to biamp the HTM1D using two channels from the CA-5100. The plan I have in mind (if possible) is to run one XLR cable from the processor center channel output to an XLR Y-splitter that would connect directly to the amplifier. I checked the male and female connectors on both ends of my cables and they snap together perfectly. A little custom cable work will probably be necessary but the solution would only require two parts instead of three, the cable and the splitter.
                                                                                    Thanks for the idea. I think I read that in the SSP-800, both the RCA and balanced connections have the same gain. I will be interested if you read this in the manual when you get your unit. If they do, will there be any benefit in using one over the other, for a run of less than 6-8 feet?

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                      • Mar 2005
                                                                                      • 3139

Thanks for the idea. I think I read that in the SSP-800, both the RCA and balanced connections have the same gain. I will be interested if you read this in the manual when you get your unit. If they do, will there be any benefit in using one over the other, for a run of less than 6-8 feet?
                                                                                      The output levels between the balanced and single-ended connections are not the same but the user adjustable settings within the processor should be able to compensate for the variation. Balanced connections lowers the noise floor by 6dB and suppresses wayward interferences.

Balanced cables are generally more beneficial to longer runs because of the increased propensity of the signals to come in contact with environmental interferences. Shorter runs will benefit from balanced signals too if your cable network behind the rack is cramped by a multitude of parallel cable lines.

Comment

• skuzzyb
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2006
                                                                                        • 106

HDMI - Hugely Disappointing Multimedia Interface....

At least it can only get better, cannot get any worse....

skz

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                          • May 2006
                                                                                          • 3389

Originally posted by skuzzyb
                                                                                          HDMI - Hugely Disappointing Multimedia Interface....At least it can only get better, cannot get any worse....skz
                                                                                          HDMi 1.3 works fine for me and I am running a single 50 ft cable from my Sony Blu Ray to my JVC DLA-RS2 HDMi 1.3

May be I am a lucky one when are they shipping the Classé as a finished product? My dealer told me he is waiting for the bugs to get ironed out he is not interested in wasting money :E

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                            • Mar 2005
                                                                                            • 3139

May be I am a lucky one when are they shipping the Classé as a finished product? My dealer told me he is waiting for the bugs to get ironed out he is not interested in wasting money :E
                                                                                            The SSP-800 is a finished product. There are some bugs that remain but a fix is already waiting in the wings. If a product is deemed unfinished because of bugs then the Denon AVP-A1HD and Integra DTC-9.8 were/are not finished products either.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"