• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by beden1
    Thanks Omar.

I was reading an AVS Forum discussion that has been quite active regarding the D2, and many seem to be happy with the room equalization and video optimization, as well as the sound quality. Some of the participants in the thread include Kal Rubinson, who apparently is either testing or owns one. I just never heard one in action, and consider the advice on this board to be more familiar. The Anthem D2 is made in America which is a plus, and it seems to have most if not all of the newest feature sets. The price seems to be around that of the Classe SSP-800.

I also don't know how the service is at Anthem, as the service at Classe is very good.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=678260
    My exposure to the D2 was brief (as in about an hour) but it was in the presence of official Paradigm (parent company) facilitators that ran a demo using various multi-channel sources across 7.1 channels. I thought the demo was professionally setup and well executed but I never experienced the climax of the presentation that I was expecting or better yet hoping for.

I suspect partly to blame were the choice of monitors which were from Paradigm's Reference line not the Signatures (I am quite familiar with both). The Signatures are more open and express more clarity in the details through much of the mid and upper passband but both lines have much more in common than they do in subtle differences. Though I don't think the Signatures would have made a significant enough difference to change my mind from seeing the D2 as mearly a hifi multi-channel processor instead of high performance music instrument.

Coupled with the model's convoluted interface and the brand's spotty service record makes for an unappealing processor to consider overall. Frankly, the AVP-A1HD has it all over the D2 if you ask me.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
      Coupled with the model's convoluted interface and the brand's spotty service record makes for an unappealing processor to consider overall. Frankly, the AVP-A1HD has it all over the D2 if you ask me.
      Thanks for the insight. I'll probably do a bit more research, primarily as my dealer usually cuts a pretty attractive deal for the pieces I've purchased from him. But, I did notice that there appear to have been numerous bug fixes along the way with the D2.

In reading so far about the Denon AVP-A1HD, it seems as though the purchasers are pleased with the overall unit, BUT, some have said it does not do a great job for music only. In fact while reading about it, the Classe SSP-800 became a more logical choice if it sounds as billed.

The more I read about some of these other pre-pros, it becomes clearer that I would have to keep my Classe pre-amp in the mix for pure music enjoyment. I'm not sure that spending upwards of $7,000 retail just to get a great video processor makes a lot of sense, particularly when some of the mid priced units do a very good job in this area.

If the AVP-A1HD or the D2 offered great music sound, along with the video and long list of other features, they would certainly be the logical choice in a heartbeat. But so far in reading about these units, I'm getting the impression that this may not be the case.

Comment

• Z Man
        • Jan 2008

Thanks for the insight. I'll probably do a bit more research, primarily as my dealer usually cuts a pretty attractive deal for the pieces I've purchased from him. But, I did notice that there appear to have been numerous bug fixes along the way with the D2.

In reading so far about the Denon AVP-A1HD, it seems as though the purchasers are pleased with the overall unit, BUT, some have said it does not do a great job for music only. In fact while reading about it, the Classe SSP-800 became a more logical choice if it sounds as billed.

The more I read about some of these other pre-pros, it becomes clearer that I would have to keep my Classe pre-amp in the mix for pure music enjoyment. I'm not sure that spending upwards of $7,000 retail just to get a great video processor makes a lot of sense, particularly when some of the mid priced units do a very good job in this area.

If the AVP-A1HD or the D2 offered great music sound, along with the video and long list of other features, they would certainly be the logical choice in a heartbeat. But so far in reading about these units, I'm getting the impression that this may not be the case.
        As a very happy owner of a Denon AVP, I have to say that I find the AVP to be very musical. Of course mileage will no doubt vary depending on associated gear and speakers used. But for me, in my system, the AVP shines in both the music dept. and HT.

As to how the AVP will stack up against the SSP-800 is anyone's guess right now, as the SSP-800 isn't yet available. But like many here have mentioned, once the Classe' is available, it will be very interesting to see just how these two compare. I personally think the SSP-800 is going to be a stunner with 2 channel as well as multi-channel. But I'm just letting you know that as an AVP owner, the AVP is no slouch with 2 channel music.

But if you can, and it's possible to do an A/B of both the AVP and SSP-800, let your ears decide. I guarantee they won't steer you wrong.

Seth
        My Martin Logan Theater
        My DVD Collection
        My CD Collection

Comment

• beden1
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2006

Seth,

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, neither of the Classe dealers I am close to carry Denon, so a side by side is not going to be possible. I am awaiting the arrival of the SSP-800 so I could hear some forum opinions comparing the two before going out and listening to these units myself. In the mean time, another dealer suggested the D2 and I wanted to do some research before I had an audition.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the long awaited arrival of the SSP-800 is giving me the chance to explore all options before taking the plunge into a new pre-pro.

I'm glad you are having a good experience with the Denon, although I'm most interested in learning what others may say who are using the same family of components as I am in Classe and B&W speakers.

Comment

• beden1
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by style
            The Anthem D2 wit the new room correction EQ is sure a very good gear.

In Switzerland the price fromn the D2 is approx. the same from the Classè!!!!!

Omar
            Omar,

I was reading your profile and it lists watches as a special interest. I'm not sure I'm surprised at this since you are from Switzerland, but I just wanted to mention that I am also a watch enthusiast from across the pond!

I will certainly consider what you say as credible since you obviously have an appreciation for fine craftmanship. :T

Comment

• alebonau
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

Seth,

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, neither of the Classe dealers I am close to carry Denon, so a side by side is not going to be possible. I am awaiting the arrival of the SSP-800 so I could hear some forum opinions comparing the two before going out and listening to these units myself. In the mean time, another dealer suggested the D2 and I wanted to do some research before I had an audition.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the long awaited arrival of the SSP-800 is giving me the chance to explore all options before taking the plunge into a new pre-pro.

I'm glad you are having a good experience with the Denon, although I'm most interested in learning what others may say who are using the same family of components as I am in Classe and B&W speakers.
              beden it would be worth contacting Goodsonics he has a classe B&W system fed off an AVP, you can see his system here in the AVP owners photo gallery

as far as the anthem D2 I know I've corresponded with stanG or Gostan on avs a few times and he most definitely seems very happy with it for both ht/av and 2ch. your best bet would be to reveiw the anthem owners thread and possibly either post there or contact some actual users for feedback. I have no experience with the anthem myself since its not readily available in my country however I wouldn't take the number of bug fixes as a negative more a very proactive company I'd say keen to continuously improve on their product. which is a good thing. there are many more other companies that produce a product and leave you in the cold.

re the denon another very happy avp owner here. I have not tried mine for 2ch as yet as have a separate 2ch equipment to cover that side of things. however extremely happy with what it does for HT/AV and what blu-ray music discs I have put through it eg legends of jazz, the new orleans concert, destinys child, shakira etc have all most definitely impressed. In regards 2ch I know a couple of friends of mine who compared the avp with a well regarded neutral sounding $4k dedicated 2ch pre in a revealing system and found little difference. which is saying a lot for the avp's 2ch capabilities I think

Regardless, my suggestion to you would be to hang onto your 2ch pre as in my experience I am myself yet to find an av pre-pro competing with dedicated 2ch pre's analog performance and thats classe included. This way rather than jump the gun now and sell your 2ch pre you can compare for your self in your own system once you get whatever av pre-pro you end up deciding on to come to your own conclusions.

I understand the difficulty you might have demoing items side by side, I'd still consider at the very least demoing what you can even if in isolation. will give you some 1st hand knowledge rather than having to purely rely on other peoples heresay and forum talk
              "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• beden1
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by alebonau
                beden it would be worth contacting Goodsonics he has a classe B&W system fed off an AVP, you can see his system here in the AVP owners photo gallery

I understand the difficulty you might have demoing items side by side, I'd still consider at the very least demoing what you can even if in isolation. will give you some 1st hand knowledge rather than having to purely rely on other peoples heresay and forum talk
                Thank you for your suggestions. They are very helpful.

Goodsonics at AVS is dmccombs or Darrell here at HTGuide. He has offered to do a side-by-side comparison with the Denon which he has now, along with the Classe SSP-800 when it becomes available.

I see that you use a turntable which I agree, having a dedicated 2 channel pre-amp has been essential. I have sent my Classe CP-500 in for service, and also asked that they install the phono circuits. I'm planning to start using my turntable again as well.

If nothing else than for the ease of use (particularly for my family), it would be ideal if one pre-pro could serve as the master for all uses of HT and 2 channel/mutli channel music listening, etc. Ideally, this is what I would like to achieve. My system is starting to get complicated, with three separate amps and all of the other dedicated components, etc. Plus, it would be very nice if like the Denon and the D2, the pre-pro would have all of the optional goodies that makes this hobby fun, like room correction, music server, and dedicated iPod interface, etc . . . and still sound incredible, without making you feel like something is missing when listening to music.

Is this too much to ask for today?

Comment

• RebelMan
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

beden1 are you taking care of two different systems in two different rooms? I got the impression that you were. If that were the case why not use your CP-500 in one system and the AVR/AVP/SSP in the other? Are you planning to replace the Pio?

Comment

• alebonau
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Oct 2005

Thank you for your suggestions. They are very helpful.

Goodsonics at AVS is dmccombs or Darrell here at HTGuide. He has offered to do a side-by-side comparison with the Denon which he has now, along with the Classe SSP-800 when it becomes available.

~
                    great to hear bedden that you have made contact with darrell and that he has offered to help out

~

I see that you use a turntable which I agree, having a dedicated 2 channel pre-amp has been essential. I have sent my Classe CP-500 in for service, and also asked that they install the phono circuits. I'm planning to start using my turntable again as well.

~
                    hehe yes a bit of a love for me in vinyl, definitely something special about its sound, great to hear your getting back into it. they say there is a bit of a vinyl resurgence...defintely plenty of quality vinyl around both new and old or like me perhaps you have a bit of a collection already that you cant wait to get back into

~

If nothing else than for the ease of use (particularly for my family), it would be ideal if one pre-pro could serve as the master for all uses of HT and 2 channel/mutli channel music listening, etc. Ideally, this is what I would like to achieve. My system is starting to get complicated, with three separate amps and all of the other dedicated components, etc. Plus, it would be very nice if like the Denon and the D2, the pre-pro would have all of the optional goodies that makes this hobby fun, like room correction, music server, and dedicated iPod interface, etc . . . and still sound incredible, without making you feel like something is missing when listening to music.

Is this too much to ask for today?
                    hehe yes can get complicated especially when start to have two separate systems that come together to work as one its what I've ended up with to achieve the best of both 2ch and av. not to say pretty good results cant be achieved with a one in all system and components. and something like the denon goes a long way towards that. even has a phono board in it ! though quite likely even the most budget of separate phono stage would likely do better

see how you go bedden in your search. I agree not too much to ask and you never know you might just find what your looking for to try acheive the end you seek or at the very least come damn near close to it

Comment

• sikoniko
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

as far as the anthem D2 I know I've corresponded with stanG or Gostan on avs a few times and he most definitely seems very happy with it for both ht/av and 2ch. .)
                      I've been wondering why no one has brought up the Anthem.

Stan is a personal friend of mine. I haven't spoken to him in a while. It is my understanding that he switched to the Cary unit.

I have a lot of respect for him, but he and I differ psychologically and psychoacoustically on audio.

Not to pick on Stan, but sometimes when looking for someone elses opinion, it is good to know where you differ more than where you share opinion.

Due to his biases, I would not look to him for any comparison of Classe (past, present or future), unless he has changed his paradigm. I will not speak for him, and welcome him to join in and speak for himself.

Another place you can look to for an opinion of Anthem (out of the context of Classe) is Jerry Rapport (sp). While he was an early adopter, he went through a lot of issues with Anthem. (we can only hope that being an early adopter of Classe does not yield the same results, but that is the reason they are not rushing to ship!) He has since sold off his anthem in favor of the Integra and feels that he is better off.
                      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• alebonau
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
                        I've been wondering why no one has brought up the Anthem.

Stan is a personal friend of mine. I haven't spoken to him in a while. It is my understanding that he switched to the Cary unit.

I have a lot of respect for him, but he and I differ psychologically and psychoacoustically on audio.

Not to pick on Stan, but sometimes when looking for someone elses opinion, it is good to know where you differ more than where you share opinion.

Due to his biases, I would not look to him for any comparison of Classe (past, present or future), unless he has changed his paradigm. I will not speak for him, and welcome him to join in and speak for himself.

Another place you can look to for an opinion of Anthem (out of the context of Classe) is Jerry Rapport (sp). While he was an early adopter, he went through a lot of issues with Anthem. (we can only hope that being an early adopter of Classe does not yield the same results, but that is the reason they are not rushing to ship!) He has since sold off his anthem in favor of the Integra and feels that he is better off.
                        perhaps as personal friend of Stan, you have somehow missed that after the Cary debacle and beign very dissapointed by all that he swapped back to the Anthem late last year - early this year if I remember.

this was his last post in the cary thread..might give you some clues as to his thoughts on the anthem :P

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post14283837
                        Originally posted by gostan

You sure can. But you omitted Anthem and since the D2 replaced my Cinema 11 which temporarily replaced my previous Anthem D2, I too could not resist throwing in a gif. All looks and sounds wonderful with the D2 and my therapist was able to take me off of the meds I needed during my very brief Cary Cinema 11 foray.
                        everyones opinion is of value, however the most important and the only one that matters trully is what opinion you come to yourself 8)

Comment

• sikoniko
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Aug 2003

perhaps as personal friend of Stan, you have somehow missed that after the Cary debacle and beign very dissapointed by all that he swapped back to the Anthem late last year - early this year if I remember.

this was his last post in the cary thread..might give you some clues as to his thoughts on the anthem :P

everyones opinion is of value, however the most important and the only one that matters trully is what opinion you come to yourself 8)
                          I do need to call him. it has been awhile. that isn't really relevant to my point though.

my point was missed so I will reiterate. stan will never buy classe and it has nothing to do with the audio, which arguably he doesn't object to. beyond that we can invite him into this thread to speak for himself.

while his opinion of the anthem may be of value, his biases against classe make comparisons difficult.

ps there is a nice pic floating around of him and I demoing b&w and classe together when I was in boston.

Comment

• beden1
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Oct 2006

beden1 are you taking care of two different systems in two different rooms? I got the impression that you were. If that were the case why not use your CP-500 in one system and the AVR/AVP/SSP in the other? Are you planning to replace the Pio?
                            I'm maintaining two primary systems in two different houses, and each currently uses the same Pioneer Elite receivers for HT. I also have secondary HT/gaming systems in each house where I could move the Elite receivers to, and not just trash them if they were replaced.

At the time of buying the Pioneer Elite receivers, I could see that the technology was evolving quickly, so investing about $1,000 for each was not going to be a big consideration if I upgraded. This stop gap also enabled me the time to get the rest of my system and speakers flushed out.

Right now, I'm concentrating on completing my Florida primary system where I have the Classe CP-500, Classe amps and the B&W speakers. I ultimately want this system to be the optimum for both HT and for music (2 channel and surround).

Comment

• RebelMan
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Mar 2005

I'm maintaining two primary systems in two different houses, and each currently uses the same Pioneer Elite receivers for HT. I also have secondary HT/gaming systems in each house where I could move the Elite receivers to, and not just trash them if they were replaced.

At the time of buying the Pioneer Elite receivers, I could see that the technology was evolving quickly, so investing about $1,000 for each was not going to be a big consideration if I upgraded. This stop gap also enabled me the time to get the rest of my system and speakers flushed out.

Right now, I'm concentrating on completing my Florida primary system where I have the Classe CP-500, Classe amps and the B&W speakers. I ultimately want this system to be the optimum for both HT and for music (2 channel and surround).
                              You have many options then. Why not take the primary system in Florida in the direction of the SSP-800 and setup the other primary system with the CP-500? Then move the Pio to the secondary system in Florida and keep the other one where it is until you decide that you need to replace it. This way both primary locations will be comparably served (frontend wise).

Comment

• stimpy44
                                • Jan 2008

Just talked to my dealer, and they indicated that the SSP-800 will be shipped end of July and available in early August. I'm not getting my hopes up, but this seems to be the first time Classe may be serious about delivering the SSP-800. We shall see. ;x(

Comment

• beden1
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2006

You have many options then. Why not take the primary system in Florida in the direction of the SSP-800 and setup the other primary system with the CP-500? Then move the Pio to the secondary system in Florida and keep the other one where it is until you decide that you need to replace it. This way both primary locations will be comparably served (frontend wise).
                                  Your thought process is a good one, but unfortunately, it may not work out for my system in PA. My room configuration really only enables a comprehensive 7.1 setup, and is less than satisfactory for stereo listening. Due to the size of my main speakers, and along with the 58" rear projection Pioneer Elite TV, system rack and sub woofer, I can only position one main speaker at the right front corner of the room. The other main speaker is positioned in the left rear corner of the room, along with another sub woofer. The surrounds are in the upper four corners of the room. This is the best I've been able to do with this room, but it does sound excellent for HT.

I'm going to keep researching and do system auditions to determine what I'll do with my pre-pro needs in the Florida setup. I'm in no rush, and I'm most interested in reading the feedback and auditioning the SSP-800 when it comes out. I guess I'll then be able to figure out if the quality sound of the SSP-800 sufficiently wins out over the sound and combined feature packed choices from the others.

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by stimpy44
                                    Just talked to my dealer, and they indicated that the SSP-800 will be shipped end of July and available in early August. I'm not getting my hopes up, but this seems to be the first time Classe may be serious about delivering the SSP-800. We shall see. ;x(
                                    Well it was supposed to be release in March original so don't hold your breath you might suffocate :B
                                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• rompower
                                      • May 2008

Wettou, hope not... can't wait to give some good pre-amp to my htm1d it's suffering right now

Comment

• wettou
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • May 2006

Originally posted by rompower
                                        Wettou, hope not... can't wait to give some good pre-amp to my htm1d it's suffering right now
                                        I hear you, but at this stage who knows? :B Maybe RebelMan knows?

It is better that Classé releases a fully functional products rather than a half baked one, have tons of problems and have a bunch of recalls!!
                                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sikoniko
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Aug 2003

I think the best we can all do is refresh the classe home page from time to time. Its kind of like the calm before the storm.

I don't doubt that they will ship before the end of the month, I'm just wondering if it will draw out until next thursday.

Comment

• wettou
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                            I think the best we can all do is refresh the classe home page from time to time. Its kind of like the calm before the storm. I don't doubt that they will ship before the end of the month, I'm just wondering if it will draw out until next thursday.
                                            Yes, we are all waiting for it so we can evaluate the beast and decide if it is as good as we hope :B

My dealer told me I am first on his list he expects that it ships soon per DN

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                              • Apr 2008

Hello Everyone! Great News!

My dealer just call me, and for lunch I went to pick up my SSP-800 I have the box in my car. Can't wait to get home and openned it! I'l post some pictures tonight. Hasta la vista Amigos! :T :lol:

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Originally posted by wer4ccsn
                                                My dealer just call me, and for lunch I went to pick up my SSP-800 I have the box in my car. Can't wait to get home and openned it! I'l post some pictures tonight. Hasta la vista Amigos! :T :lol:
                                                Very cool yes we are all waiting to hear from your impression and pictures. :B

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                                  • Apr 2008

SSP-800 Pictures!

/Users/Carlos/Desktop/DSC_3056.JPG/Users/Carlos/Desktop/DSC_3062.JPG/Users/Carlos/Desktop/DSC_3064.JPG/Users/Carlos/Desktop/DSC_3065.JPG/Users/Carlos/Desktop/DSC_3067.JPG/Users/Carlos/Desktop/DSC_3072.JPG/Users/Carlos/Desktop/DSC_3075.JPG
                                                  I Just got home and like I promised hare are some of the pictures! I'l be calling sick for the rest of the week! I need to enjoy my very new toy!
                                                  Hasta la vista amigos and good luck with yours too! This is my first time posting pictures and I hope it works! :lol: :T

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                                    • Apr 2008

SSp-800 New Pictures!

Can you guys see the pictures I posted! I don't see them!

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • Mar 2005

AWESOME! :T Looking forward to your feedback and the pictures.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                        • Mar 2005

Not yet.

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                                          • Apr 2008

rebelman, How do I post the pictures? I Can you see them? I already did?

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                            • Mar 2005

There are a number of ways, perhaps the best way (without compressing the photo or details) is to use a hosting site and link it here. If you want to email them to me I can do it for you (jsdean67@gmail.com).

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                                              • Apr 2008

SSP-800 New Pictures!

Hello Rebelman -
                                                              How do I post pictures! I'm newbi on this type of things. Thanks

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                • Mar 2005

If you want to attach the files directly they need to be less than 100K each. Click the "Manage Attachments" button from the bottom of the edit screen to upload the pictures. After you upload the pictures close that window and then hit the "Submit Reply" button from the main edit window. If it's easier to email them send them to me and I can post them for you.

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                                                  • Apr 2008

Classe SSp-800 Pictures!

Rebelman, I will be sending them to you. Thank you
                                                                  Sorry everyone, I couldn't post the pictures here in the forum.

Comment

• rompower
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2008

:dddddddddddddddddd

I'm very glad for you wer4ccsn! Anxious to see some of your pictures

Share your "lunch", we're all starving =)

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                                      • Mar 2005

Rebelman, I will be sending them to you. Thank you
                                                                      Sorry everyone, I couldn't post the pictures here in the forum.
                                                                      I got them. Happy to help you. Here are Carlos' pictures everyone...
                                                                      Attached Files

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                        • Mar 2005

and some more...
                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                          • Mar 2005
                                                                          • 3139

last one...
                                                                          Attached Files

Comment

• wettou
                                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                                            • May 2006
                                                                            • 3389

Ok that is very nice, thanks RebelMan

Now WER tell us about your experience, I am assuming you spent the evening listening to the SSP-800 I hope. I agree when I get mine I will take a day off so I can play with it!

By the way what is your system configuration, speakers, amplification, sources and so on....

Comment

• rompower
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • May 2008
                                                                              • 241

M.m.m how did he get it while Classé didn't announced the release on their website?!?! :|

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Oct 2006
                                                                                • 1676

Originally posted by rompower
                                                                                M.m.m how did he get it while Classé didn't announced the release on their website?!?! :|
                                                                                He must be working with a very high volume dealer.

Good luck with your new toy!

Comment

• ryst
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • May 2007
                                                                                  • 67

ahhh. looks nice without all the logos and crap on the front.

Damn it I want my unit now, sick and tierd with my nad c162 :evil:

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • Aug 2003
                                                                                    • 2299

Carlos,

can you tell us if there is a yellow bar going through the menu from left to right on the main screen? If there is, that would indicate that this is not final code. I'm wondering, has your dealer indicated anything about needing a firmware update soon?

Its great to see an 800 in the wild. We all wait anxiously for your thoughts and a review!

I also noted that your serial number ends in 27. that is 7 units higher than the model I heard in Seattle, which means there are others out there somewhere most likely!

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Aug 2003
                                                                                      • 2299

I'd love to see the owners manual. Rebelman, do you suppose Dave might induldge us at this point?

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2005
                                                                                        • 3139

I'll see.

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Jul 2008
                                                                                          • 173

Here is a review of the new Denon AVP:

Note his comments about music reproduction near the end.

Jim

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Aug 2003
                                                                                            • 2299

Originally posted by Oddiophile
                                                                                            Here is a review of the new Denon AVP:

Note his comments about music reproduction near the end.

Jim

With all due respect, shouldn't this have been posted in the Denon thread?

The Denon AVP-A1HDCI lacked a slight bit of smoothness in the midrange and upper end on music. Separation was not as good as with some other similarly-priced pre/pros on the market, but it more than made up for this lack on movies, especially with the new high-resolution audio codecs. Note: the slightly better-sounding, similarly-priced preamps are woefully shy of features and connection options when compared to the Denon preamp.
                                                                                            I'm guessing this is what you are referring to though?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"