X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Playing With Color

I have owned most of my system for more than 18 months now and during that time I kept my LCD displays set to the default color of blue and a timeout setting of 30 seconds. Lately I have been playing around with some of the display settings and one of the options I have been tinkering with has been the choice of color.

I thought it would be fun to color my displays with seasonal reds and greens. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it at first but living with the change and a new 3 hour time out setting has been a fun way to mix things up in my typically static system. Some people might link these features on a high-end system is gimmickry but I don't. I bought my system to enjoy and if it means I can enjoy it in more than one way than I see no harm in it as long as no compromises are made to performance.

I was curious what others are doing or have done with their LCDs to breakup the monotony?
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I like blue. didnt care for the other colors... sorry.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by RebelMan
      I was curious what others are doing or have done with their LCDs to breakup the monotony?

Monotony? A great system like that and you are getting bored? : :lol: :W
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Not quite bored SG. More like a lack of variety. :B

I never tire from listening to my system nor do I tire from appreciating its physical beauty. However, I think every once and a while a little change can be fun and it can keep things interesting. Having a feature that can put a new spin on the usual routine I think is exciting.

I find the option to change the display settings an appealing mechanism and one that’s easily reversible. It's not like I have an itch to change things permanently. My system is good enough to spare me from that illness, which sadly can inflict others. In some cases conditions so severe that they change their equipment as often as they do their cloths. That’s what I would call "boredom". :W

Comment

• RobP
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

So, how many color options do you have with the new Classe display?
          Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Red, green, blue and silver. I am using RGB for the CDP-202, CP-700 and SSP-300. Kind of festive. :P

Comment

• ChrisssB
              • Feb 2006

[QUOTE=RebelMan]Some people might link these features on a high-end system is gimmickry but I don't. I bought my system to enjoy and if it means I can enjoy it in more than one way than I see no harm in it as long as no compromises are made to performance.
              [END QUOTE]
              I very much agree :T
              Also in my mind a high end system must look great 2
              I did play around with colours but always return to blue

Comment

• RebelMan
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Some time ago I read a review, I don't recall on which piece - it might have been the SSP-600, where the author commented on its fixed color display. He stated at the time an option to change the display from blue to a gray color would have been a nice feature as he felt it would blend in better with the chassis housing.

Several months later Classe' comes out with a software update including that feature, which they called silver, and a couple more colors to boot. Like the others I am partial to blue which only goes to show that Classe' knew what they were doing all along when they made blue the original color. But for now, I am going to keep the new color scheme up at least until the new year. My wife likes the novelty of it.

Comment

• multivac
                  • Dec 2006

Photos, please. 8)

Comment

• Birdy
                    • Mar 2006

Some time ago I read a review, I don't recall on which piece - it might have been the SSP-600, where the author commented on its fixed color display. He stated at the time an option to change the display from blue to a gray color would have been a nice feature as he felt it would blend in better with the chassis housing.

Several months later Classe' comes out with a software update including that feature, which they called silver, and a couple more colors to boot. Like the others I am partial to blue which only goes to show that Classe' knew what they were doing all along when they made blue the original color. But for now, I am going to keep the new color scheme up at least until the new year. My wife likes the novelty of it.
                    Played a bit also with new colors but I always come back to the original blue which, in my opinion, is much nicer than the 3 other ones. 8)
                    Another nice option would be parametrable time out instead of the fixed times.
                    Shouldn't be so complicated I suppose.

Birdy

Comment

• Ian D
                      • Jun 2005

I use the red on my SSP300 it matches my wood stand better than the other colours and adds a touch of uniqueness, I like the options, but would never let a gimmik like changing colours affect my purchasing of equipment after all its what it sounds like that counts
                      Cheers Ian
                      :^x

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                        • Apr 2005

Red, green, blue and silver. I am using RGB for the CDP-202, CP-700 and SSP-300. Kind of festive. :P
                        Is it possible, using software (PC) to change the colours to any colour using RGB values?

Comment

• hifiguymi
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Mar 2007

It doesn't look like it. All you can do is change the brightness.

Eric

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                            • Apr 2005

Thats a shame.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"