X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nyny
    • Jul 2004

JR Concerto Integrated -> Classe CP500 + CA3200

Hi all, after following this thread for some time and conducted several demo sessions, I finally decided to replace my Jeff Rowland Concerto Integrated with the Classe CP500 + CA3200 combo. I find that Classe and Jeff Rowland both has its own strengths, but the following made me switch:
    `
    - Wider and deeper soundstage (very noticeable both at the dealer and at home);
    - Better bass production; even though some believe that Classe gears are "gentler" in the bass region, I find the bass to be better defined than my previous setup;
    - More 'airy' sound...not sure if this goes hand in hand with wider sound stage.

But, I do miss the good look and compactness of the Jeff Rowland Concerto Integrated though.

Here are a couple of pix of my setup:

Tony
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

nice looking setup! I am very happy with my ca-3200;
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Welcome to the club nyny!

Soundstaging is one area that truly sets Classe' apart from the competition, nothing comes close in my experience. Along with its reputation for being smooth, imaging is also a hallmark of Classe'. I agree with your assessment that contrary to popular opinion bass is not lean. Rather it excels at articulating the information at those low frequencies which may seem to the untrained ear as politeness.

Bass is quick, full and accurately reproduced to the limits of the source recording. Unlike the thickened and overuse of accentuating treatments imposed from of other well known brands. I suggest anyone that has any doubts in this department pipe any track from Sade's Love Deluxe disc for a sample demonstration.

nyny I have seen your system evolve over the years to become something special for you to enjoy. Nicely done! :T
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"