X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david0422
    • Oct 2007

Additional CA-2200

Hello everyone, I have two questions if someone could help me.

1. I am using CP-500 + CA-2200 for my Sonus Faber Cremona. Do you think it is worth to add additional CA-2200 (make it mono)? Will it just waste money?

2. I am using Premare D30.2, and I am tying to change it to CDP-102; but, I am thinking should I upgrade it to CDP-202 or not? (if I will still use CP-500+CA-2200+Cremona)

Thank you very much.
    David
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

I would upgrade the CD player to the CDP-202 and/or the preamp to the CP-700 before I'd add another amp and bi-amp your system. Both the CDP-202 and the CP-700 are big upgrades over the CDP-102 and CP-500.

Eric

Comment

• david0422
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
      I would upgrade the CD player to the CDP-202 and/or the preamp to the CP-700 before I'd add another amp and bi-amp your system. Both the CDP-202 and the CP-700 are big upgrades over the CDP-102 and CP-500.

Eric
      Thanks for the comment. I can't afford to upgrade both machines at once; should I go for CP700 first or CDP-202?

Thank you.

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

I don't know the Premare D30.2 at all so I don't know how it stacks up against the Classe CDP-102, or CDP-202 for that matter. I do know that the CDP-202 is VERY good and would have a synergy with your existing system since they were developed side by side.

I guess I'm saying I'd start with the source and upgrade the preamp later. Do you have the ability to demo a CDP-202 at home? If so that would be the best way to find out.

Eric

Comment

• gerardhn
          • Jun 2005

Hello,

In order to biamp you must have the 700 pre! It has two pair of amp outlets. The 500 pre only one.
          There goes your money....

Gerard

Comment

• d"cure"
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by david0422
            Hello everyone, I have two questions if someone could help me.

1. I am using CP-500 + CA-2200 for my Sonus Faber Cremona. Do you think it is worth to add additional CA-2200 (make it mono)? Will it just waste money?

2. I am using Premare D30.2, and I am tying to change it to CDP-102; but, I am thinking should I upgrade it to CDP-202 or not? (if I will still use CP-500+CA-2200+Cremona)

Thank you very much.
            David
            Hi
            first go for cp-700,then to ca-2200 and last to cd,also recomment to read the absolute sound issue 174 (25 years of cd)

Comment

• david0422
              • Oct 2007

Thanks for the comments. I will check for the issue 174.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"