X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • op141
    • Aug 2005

Ca-401

Hi.

Does anyone have any magazine reviews of the Classe CA-401 amp? I can find nothing on the net other that a few users comments on Audio review?

Was it a best buy or well reviewed amp? I would appreciate anyone who has one on their feedback reference to sound quality.

I’ve just recently purchased one second hand and its replacing a Rotel RB-1090 of similar power.

The Classe is cooler/leaner in the mid/midbass compared to the Rotel but has more transparency. The Rotel’s darker/warmer sound is just a little more musical in the boogie factor to my ears and a little more upfront in the mids. The Classe however sounds more laidback and has greater extension to the bass.

I under stand the Classe operates upto 1/3 of its power in Class A ie, 133watts and the Rotel only upto about 20 watts.

Anyone can clarify this please?
  • GregLett
    • May 2005

Man!! it's like finding Jimmy Hoffa. I can't believe that there is no review on this.
    Even the Classe website doesn't have a link.
    Greg

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

I found this on the Classe website.

Their were also some reviews from French reporters, etc. from my Google search.

Comment

• GregLett
        • May 2005

Originally posted by beden1
        I found this on the Classe website.

Their were also some reviews from French reporters, etc. from my Google search.

He wanted a mag review. That's Classe fluf
        Greg

Comment

• op141
          • Aug 2005

Yes. Have already check the discontinued link but as you say there must be some reviews out there.

My system is simple a Wadia 850 CDP playing direct into the Classe CA-401 and then driving a pair of Acoustic Energy AE II's.

The AE2's are a studio monitor and are quite revealing but can also sound a little bright if not patnered correct. I wondered if this is why Im finding the Classe CA-401 a little cool in the mids compared to the Rotel.

Any other comments from CA-401 owners out there? How are you finding the sound?

Tim :T

Comment

• op141
            • Aug 2005

here is a pic of the AE2's if your not familar with them...

Hello, is it me you’re looking for? Oops, something appears to have gone wrong. We’ve updated our site recently so you may have come looking for a page that’s moved.  Trying clicking here, or use the logo above to go back to the home page. Anyway, the page doesn’t exist. If you think it should […]

Comment

• op141
              • Aug 2005

Hello, is it me you’re looking for? Oops, something appears to have gone wrong. We’ve updated our site recently so you may have come looking for a page that’s moved.  Trying clicking here, or use the logo above to go back to the home page. Anyway, the page doesn’t exist. If you think it should […]

Comment

• op141
                • Aug 2005

Comment

• op141
                  • Aug 2005

Sorry guys think the computer through a wobbley on the last 3 !!! posts. Admin do your thing....Tnx

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"