X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hmpart
    • Feb 2007

Cdp-502

I've had the CDP-502 for several weeks now and I have noticed that on occasion it does not recognize discs. Each time I've had to turn off the power completely and "re-boot" it in order for it to recognize the disc. It occurs with DVD's or CD's. Seems to me that this should not occur at all. I just touched base with my dealer and he will contact Classe to see what they think. In any event, I thought I'd bring this up to the group.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks
    Howard
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

This sounds like the cdp202 bug : whenever the unit is turned on,the system will come out with the message " please insert a disc" even though it is already loaded. in order to avoid this, I double hit the Eject/Load button on the unit, and then load the disc. you only have to do this once when you turn the system on. it should not recur until the next session.
    If this indeed is your problem, Classe is well aware of it.I think they came out with a software update that should fix this ( I never bothered to download it).
    I hope you find this helpful
    Eliav
    :T Socrat

Comment

• hmpart
      • Feb 2007

Thanks very much! I will give a try next time it occurs. I will pass this on to my dealer as well.
      Howard

Comment

• aapeli
        • Mar 2007

CDP-102 have same problem.

Comment

• hmpart
          • Feb 2007

Eliav,

The double push of the eject button did the trick when it failed to recognize the disc. I will discuss with my dealer to see if there is a fix.

Thanks again.
          Howard

Comment

• Myurr
            • Jun 2006

The latest firmware update (1.0.9) did not fix this problem. I have the CDP-202 player.

I certainly hope that Classe are still working on a solution. I remember reading a while ago from an email transcript, that this was a priority issue for them.

Comment

• RebelMan
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Yes Classe' has a possible bug fix but hasn't released it yet. Regardless, I am rarely ever troubled with the anomoly because I just leave a disc in the player when I put it in standby mode. I do this because the player initializes immediately when I take it out of standby otherwise you are forced to "please wait" a little while. I would rather the player "please hurry" instead. :B
              "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• hmpart
                • Feb 2007

I thought that I would pass along an update on the CDP-502. I finally had mine replaced last week and it behaves as the orignal. My dealer contacted Classe and it appears that Classe does know about the glitch and is working on a software update. If I hear any news about a fix I will let you know.

Best
                Howard

Comment

• RebelMan
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

The "glitch" has been a persistant problem for nearly a year. I wonder what is holding up the fix. I think it is time to get to the bottom of this.
                  "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• pianorob
                    • Dec 2007

standby-resume problem, disc playback problems

Hi @ll,

I purchased last week Classé CDP-102 and CAP2100, both with newest firmware. The standby-issue still exists, nothing, just for your info, even on new delivered products. My dealer was not aware of that problem.
                    I have som other compatibility issues with new and clean CDs and DVD Audio and would like to hear whether anyone of you has same issues and one or more of the following CDs and DVDs:

a) George Harrison: remastered CD-set of his "Dark Horse"-year-CDs: http://www.amazon.de/Dark-Horse-Year...ref=pd_bbs_sr_
                    15?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1196937779&sr=8-15

problem: every 5 seconds a dropout, CDP102 ommits one second of playback, appears to "hang" and then continues playback. This happens throught any disc in every track and is very annoying. My set is new and scratch free. Maybe it has something to do with the copy protection.

b) The Beatles "Love" DVD-Audio-version: especially during more quiet music periods I hear many distortions like crackles/electrical discharges on both channels randomly, sometimes it stops for some seconds just to begin and the noise's loudness is medium, also very annyoing. Again totally new and perfect disc. Plays on any other DVD-player without any problems (e.g. Denon 3930)

c) The Quen DTS-/DVD-Audio disc:
                    DTS- and DVD-Audio Queen:

F8&s=music&qid=1196938281&sr=1-3

CDP does not playback the DVD-Audio 5.1 track, only the PCM stereo track, although it plays nearly every other DVD audio 5.1 I have. Sometimes it starts play back the disc but with the same noise as in b)

d) Any DVD Audio: CDP102 has one second drop with out between every track

Would be great if any of you could test them for comparison.

Thanks a lot.

Robert

Comment

• Birdy
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by pianorob
                      Hi @ll,

I purchased last week Classé CDP-102 and CAP2100, both with newest firmware. The standby-issue still exists, nothing, just for your info, even on new delivered products. My dealer was not aware of that problem.
                      I have som other compatibility issues with new and clean CDs and DVD Audio and would like to hear whether anyone of you has same issues and one or more of the following CDs and DVDs:

a) George Harrison: remastered CD-set of his "Dark Horse"-year-CDs: http://www.amazon.de/Dark-Horse-Year...ref=pd_bbs_sr_
                      15?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1196937779&sr=8-15

problem: every 5 seconds a dropout, CDP102 ommits one second of playback, appears to "hang" and then continues playback. This happens throught any disc in every track and is very annoying. My set is new and scratch free. Maybe it has something to do with the copy protection.

b) The Beatles "Love" DVD-Audio-version: especially during more quiet music periods I hear many distortions like crackles/electrical discharges on both channels randomly, sometimes it stops for some seconds just to begin and the noise's loudness is medium, also very annyoing. Again totally new and perfect disc. Plays on any other DVD-player without any problems (e.g. Denon 3930)

c) The Quen DTS-/DVD-Audio disc:
                      DTS- and DVD-Audio Queen:

F8&s=music&qid=1196938281&sr=1-3

CDP does not playback the DVD-Audio 5.1 track, only the PCM stereo track, although it plays nearly every other DVD audio 5.1 I have. Sometimes it starts play back the disc but with the same noise as in b)

d) Any DVD Audio: CDP102 has one second drop with out between every track

Would be great if any of you could test them for comparison.

Thanks a lot.

Robert

b: not here
                      d: same here with 202.

CU

Birdy

Comment

• pianorob
                        • Dec 2007

new firmware release fixes standby issue

Hi folks,

on Classé international webpage:

there are new firmware updates for alle players (not only 102, 202) from December 14 which fixes the standby issue. I just downloaded it into my 102 and I can say that it resumes much faster (3 secs!) out of standby than before and has no problem anymore to recognize and load the first disc inserted after resume from standby, absolutely great. :T However my disc incompatibilities as mentioned in my previous post still exists, but this firmware updates are not addressed to fix this anyway. The docu mentions new problems with this release e.g. dropouts during playback of MP3s and that the time tracking display can get out of sync. I did not experience the latter and the first with MP3 is not of my concern. there is also an update for the MPEG software. Classé mentions future firmware updates for fixing the new bugs, must be really a big task to accomplish bugfree firmwares... :lol: Robert

P.S. Thanks Birdie for feedback regarding Beatles-Love DVD Audio playback problem.

Comment

• RLRB
                          • Oct 2008

Hello

are the dropout problem solved? i got the cdp 102 and find read errors in standard cd and in copoy protected (every 10 seconds)

is this due to teac transport?

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"