• Show
Clear All
  • gerardhn
    • Jun 2005

CDP 100 quality

Hi,

I have following set up:
    CDP 100, CP 500, CA 2200, 802D.

I was wondering wether the cdp is the limiting machine in this setup.
    Any experiences compared with the newer machines??

Gerard
  • fredBelgium
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by gerardhn
    Hi,

I have following set up:
    CDP 100, CP 500, CA 2200, 802D.

I was wondering wether the cdp is the limiting machine in this setup.
    Any experiences compared with the newer machines??

Gerard
    Hello Gerardhn,

I think that it is an error to believe that reader CDP-100 is the weak point of this installation. This reader, after his long break-in period, is really excellent. I could make comparative between the CDP-100, CDP-202, CDP-102 and 300. In all the case the CDP-100 was on the second place of the podium. It is really a very good reader. To gain in luminosity and speed in this configuration I would make evolve/move préampli CP-500. Well before the CDP-100.

Frederic.

Comment

• gerardhn
      • Jun 2005

Hello Fred,

Thank you for feedback on my thought. !!
      I think (know by comparison) that CP-500 is already good!!! WOW.

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

I have the CDP-100. I compared it to the ayre cx-7e cd player, and the ayre couldnt touch it. even the ayre dealer liked the CDP-100 better!
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• fredBelgium
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by sikoniko
          I have the CDP-100. I compared it to the ayre cx-7e cd player, and the ayre couldnt touch it. even the ayre dealer liked the CDP-100 better!
          Hello sikoniko,

I had the occasion to make a comparative test with DCS P8I. The CDP-100 with high volume was balanced much more whereas the DCS became aggressive. Tests carried out on 800D, 2 CA-2200 and CP-700.

Fred. :T

Comment

• Edgeyboy
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by fredBelgium
            Hello Gerardhn,

I think that it is an error to believe that reader CDP-100 is the weak point of this installation. This reader, after his long break-in period, is really excellent. I could make comparative between the CDP-100, CDP-202, CDP-102 and 300. In all the case the CDP-100 was on the second place of the podium. It is really a very good reader. To gain in luminosity and speed in this configuration I would make evolve/move préampli CP-500. Well before the CDP-100.

Frederic.
            So, do you rate the players as follows:

CDP202 / CDP100 / CDP102 / CDP300

from best to worst ?

Comment

• aapeli
              • Mar 2007

From "worst" to best...

CDP-100: 2 old dacs, but still good player.
              CDP-102/300: sound is same with cds. 1 new (102) dac wich works balanced mode. 300 has 3 those dacs.
              CDP-202: 2 new dacs, reference player, same as CDP-502 with cds.

Comment

• Edgeyboy
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by aapeli
                From "worst" to best...

CDP-102/300: sound is same with cds. 1 new (102) dac wich works balanced mode. 300 has 3 those dacs.
                That's not what Fred thought. He placed CDP100 second, behind the CDP202. Seems a lot of people prefer the old CD transport based players to the "lower end" DVD based ones.

Comment

• ryst
                  • May 2007

The 202 has a dvd based drive as well.
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge Classé uses the same drive from Teac in all new CDP models.

Comment

• Edgeyboy
                    • Nov 2006

Yes, but the CDP202 is not a lower end model.

I have heard from a few sources now that they rate the CDP100 highly.

Comment

• aapeli
                      • Mar 2007

That was my opinion, not Freds. Tecnically CDP-102 should be better than CDP-100, and it is. I had CDP-100 almost 2 years and I also rate it high, but CDP-102 sounds better. Now nearly 500hours played with that (102) and sound is more specific than CDP-100. We have to remember that there is few years between these players, compononents, dacs etc. are updated.
                      I dont know but maybe you can ask from Classé, I think they can tell what has been reference to CDP-102 desing.
                      Very hard to believe that they have done better player few years ago than today in same pricetag... 8O

Comment

• sikoniko
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Aug 2003

That was my opinion, not Freds. Tecnically CDP-102 should be better than CDP-100, and it is. I had CDP-100 almost 2 years and I also rate it high, but CDP-102 sounds better. Now nearly 500hours played with that (102) and sound is more specific than CDP-100. We have to remember that there is few years between these players, compononents, dacs etc. are updated.
                        I dont know but maybe you can ask from Classé, I think they can tell what has been reference to CDP-102 desing.
                        Very hard to believe that they have done better player few years ago than today in same pricetag... 8O

Out of curiosity, what was your reasoning for upgrading a 100 to a 102? I can see upgrading to a 202 as being an obvious interest, but was it something you received a great deal on?
                        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Edgeyboy
                          • Nov 2006

Sure, but I can think of many manufacturer's making retrograde steps when introducing new models. I have not heard a CDP202 but I believe they are VERY good. :T

Comment

• aapeli
                            • Mar 2007

Main reason was get rid of another maker dvd Of course I made test at home between 100 and 102 before I made my decision. 202 price was too much for me that time, maybe update later to this new reference model,502. Also I sold my SSP-600 because I don´t have enough space for hometheater. So, with activespeakers variable volume option is more than good. No need any preamp. I just listen cds and sometimes dvds.
                            Btw set looks pretty simple, just CDP-102 and 2 spekers

Comment

• Edgeyboy
                              • Nov 2006

I am looking for a used CDP100 or CDP102 or CDP202 if anyone is selling ?

Comment

• gerardhn
                                • Jun 2005

Hi Classe owners,

Any new experiences this topic ??
                                I bring it back cause my feeling is that classe cd players are overpriced compared to other brands:

Euro prices fo 102 202 resp: 4450 and 6950 euro.

I call th cd player because we dont buy them to play dvd's.

Your feelings / opinions??

Gerard

Comment

• jamesdaman
                                  • Apr 2008

That's the thing classe is very good stuff but here in the uk it's is very very pricey compaired
                                  to things like meridian which can be over £1000 cheaper on most things for very simler quality.

Comment

• style
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Feb 2006

Hi,

a cd player from 2. hand.... I don'tl like buy a player used... a power ampli is another tings....
                                    BUT

the Cdp100 in €. are avialable for 2400.- and a new Cdp102 €. 3400.-

@gerardhn: change before the CP500 with a 700...
                                    if you have a Ssp or others you can have the 25% from the fullprice. :W

met groeten
                                    Style

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                      • Dec 2002

From "worst" to best...

I'll place the 202 above the 502. They're practial the same, but the 502 has additional DVD playing components.

Less components is better
                                      ------------------------------------------------------
                                      Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• gerardhn
                                        • Jun 2005

Friends,

I have a change to upgrade from pre 500 --> 700. (Secondhand one!)
                                        So I must do??

Your advice is more is this direction....

THX

Comment

• style
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Feb 2006

delete

Comment

• style
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Feb 2006

Hy gerardhn,

if have a good price go with it.

the cp500 go out production and a new comer (a superior level as the cp700 will be delivered in the next 10 months ca.

style

Comment

• gerardhn
                                              • Jun 2005

more superior? more expensive?? cannot believe...

Comment

• style
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Feb 2006

hoi gerardhn ,

ar today the SSP800 in 2 chanel give you the same qualita of the CP700.
                                                the cp500 is a stereo pre, not bad, bad at the level from a of others products....

Classe as high End stereo brand have annonced the coming of the new pre stereo: the Cp800/900? (the correct name I don't know) will be available in ca. 1 years but the new pre is moreas a prototyp, is a verity...
                                                Of course if a cp700 ahve around the same price from the SSP800 the new comer will be to a pair k. euros more expensive....

groeten Style

Comment

Working...
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"