Classe Audio Delta CP-700, 2 x CA-2200 and CDP-202.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fredBelgium
    • Jun 2007

Classe Audio Delta CP-700, 2 x CA-2200 and CDP-202.

Hello,
    Here you can see the whole of my Audio Classe system. With a vertical Bi amplification of the 2 CA-2200...

Get a new domain name for your startup. Quick and professional service. Seamless domain transfers.

Connecting...

And my site...

Fred. :T
    Last edited by fredBelgium; 18 June 2007, 15:42 Monday. Reason: new icon
  • D-bucket
    • Jun 2005

fredBelgium

Very Nice Setup Indeed!!!

Great pictures & slideshows on your site also. I would be very interested in hearing your comments on the differences you experienced between the vertical bi-amping & horizontal bi-amping as shown in the above diagram versus not bi-amping at all. I'm especially anxious to hear what lead you to describe the vertical connection as "Good" and the horizontal connection as "Not Good"

Wow! It must have been a real treat to have listened to 802D's, 801D's & 800D's in your own environment. If only I could have been a fly on the wall during those sessions!

Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by D-bucket; 18 June 2007, 17:59 Monday. Reason: typo

Comment

• fredBelgium
      • Jun 2007

Hello D-bucket,

Vertical Bi amplification brings much energy to the system. With the inversse of horizontal Bi amplification. On 802D it to me forever seemed that Bi amplification would be necessary with a CA-2200. On the other hand, with 801D and 800D it is really what it is necessary to do. Vertical Bi amplification brings a better balance on the distribution while running. Balance is really perfect. Whereas into horizontal an amplifier under is exploited and the other on exploited. With listening that is understood by a ventilation and an obvious precision. The unit is more directing. Attacks franker. It is more realistic for which likes to listen to Jazz in room.

Fred.

Comment

• D-bucket
        • Jun 2005

Interesting, thanks Fred, I do appreciate your response to my questions. I had raised a similiar question in the B&W thread Unconventional Bi-amping B&W 802D - WOW last year and the consensus then also seemed to agree with you that the vertical bi-amping connection was the preferred connection method when using 2 identical amps.

Originally posted by D-bucket
        When passively bi-amping a pair of b&w 803D's (or any of the other 800 series) with 2 identical stereo power amps, are there major advantages or differences between these two connections?

Connection 1 - (one 2-channel amp dedicated to each speaker)
        • amp #1 - one channel connected to HF posts of left speaker & second channel connected to the LF posts of left speaker
        • amp #2 - one channel connected to HF posts of right speaker & second channel connected to the LF posts of right speaker

Connection 2 - (one 2-channel amp dedicated to each frequency filter)
        • amp #1 - one channel connected to HF posts of left speaker & second channel connected to the HF posts of right speaker
        • amp #2 - one channel connected to LF posts of left speaker & second channel connected to the LF posts of right speaker

Comment

• fredBelgium
          • Jun 2007

Hello D-Bucket,

You are right completely, this method is healthiest and effective.

:T Fred

Comment

• yannparis
            • May 2007

I agree. I use Vertical amp using two 5100 on 2 802D. Other channels are used for Home theatre
            Vertical bi-amp gives a better stereo image than horizontal one. I do not know why.

I do not think that the bi-amp is required by the 802D. In my view it is much more linked with Classe’s amplifier behaviour with 800’s. Perhaps, other amplifiers could have a better behaviour.

I also think that B&W have to take care with the load. B&W 800 requires expensive amplifier because they require a lot of current (low-cost amplifiers are tuned for 6-8 Ohms mainly resistive loads, you have to pay for current). For example, the 803D offer a module as low as 3 Ohms and, generally the load is very complex, meaning that current and voltage are not in phase. As our ‘power’ amplifiers are voltage amplifiers, any phase shift increases current requirement. High Currents also switch amplifier from class A to Class AB mode.

Regards,

Yann – Paris, France

Comment

• gerardhn
              • Jun 2005

Hello Fred,

The trick -unusual part- is your splitting Y piece cable. I dont see it on your pictures! Can you show me, tell me anything about it. ??

Kind regards
              Gerard

Comment

• fredBelgium
                • Jun 2007

Hello Gerald,
                I do not have any cable in Y because the preamplifier CP-700 has 2 X 2 exits for the power modules.
                You can see that here on the 2nd image of the Analysis cables… picture 9...

Frederic.

Comment

• gerardhn
                  • Jun 2005

Fred,

I see it. ! Very unusual to have that. 2* 2 bal out. My CP-500 doesnot have that.

Comment

• fredBelgium
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by gerardhn
                    Fred,

I see it. ! Very unusual to have that. 2* 2 bal out. My CP-500 doesnot have that.
                    gerardhn,
                    It is for me one of the large advantages of the CP-700. That makes it possible to evolve/move in time without having to change préampli.

Good day with you,
                    Frederic.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"