X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave999
    • Mar 2007

New Surround Processors

I heard that Classe is coming out with new models with HDMI 1.3 of its SSP 600 unit. Have any of you heard about the details. I think it will retail for about $8,500. It is not the SSP 900 which was going to retail for $25,000, but Classe decided not to market.
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Is this all you heard? Classé continues to push the envelope with their Delta series products and I am sure we will see the fruits of their labor soon. I am also sure many of us here would like to own the statement SSP-900 but can't for the price it commands. Nevertheless, in time we will all be very thankful for it.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

Unfortunately it's true that the SSP-900 isn't going to exist. Classe is working on replacements for the SSP-300 and SSP-600 but nothing has been announced yet. I'm sure HDMI 1.3 is on the agenda, but there is very little available to manufacturers in the way of HDMI repeaters that are 1.3 so it may not happen until late in the year. They have also talked about doing an outboard video switcher/scaler that would operate on the CANBUS for customers that have SSP-300 and SSP-600's as well as IR and RS232C for anyone to use. I hope to find out more from my rep in a couple of weeks.

Eric

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

why was the ssp-900 scrapped?

On the hdmi front, I used to own a bryston SP2 and it is to be upgraded when hdmi is available. James Tanner stated that they were told that HDMI 1.3 would not be available to them until late summer/fall timeframe of this year. Then they would need to do their own r&d to implement it in existing units.

With that in mind, I would say it is probably safe to assume that Classe would not receive hdmi 1.3 components until that same timeframe. Which means I wouldn't expect a product on the market until this time next year.
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sikoniko
          why was the ssp-900 scrapped?

On the hdmi front, I used to own a bryston SP2 and it is to be upgraded when hdmi is available. James Tanner stated that they were told that HDMI 1.3 would not be available to them until late summer/fall timeframe of this year. Then they would need to do their own r&d to implement it in existing units.

With that in mind, I would say it is probably safe to assume that Classe would not receive hdmi 1.3 components until that same timeframe. Which means I wouldn't expect a product on the market until this time next year.
          All my rep said when I asked him about the SSP-900 was that Classe wanted to focus on the SSP-600 and SSP-300 replacements. Hopefully that means they will come out sooner than later, but we'll see.

Eric

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
            All my rep said when I asked him about the SSP-900 was that Classe wanted to focus on the SSP-600 and SSP-300 replacements. Hopefully that means they will come out sooner than later, but we'll see.
            What specifics did he give with regard to the 300 and 600 replacements?
            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by RebelMan
              What specifics did he give with regard to the 300 and 600 replacements?
              Not a thing. I'm hoping to squeeze anything I can out of him when he comes by in a couple of weeks.

Eric

Comment

• Dave999
                • Mar 2007

I think that the price of $25,000 was too steep for Classe, even for a statement product and that they probably decided that they could not sell enough of the units to make it worthwhile.

Comment

• georgev
                  • Jul 2004

Will current SSP 600's be upgradeable to the HDMI1.3?

Comment

• hmpart
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                    Not a thing. I'm hoping to squeeze anything I can out of him when he comes by in a couple of weeks.

Eric
                    Any word on the CDP-502? Maybe you can find out about it too.

Howard
                    Howard

Comment

• hifiguymi
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by georgev
                      Will current SSP 600's be upgradeable to the HDMI1.3?
                      Not the SSP-600 itself. My rep had talked about Classe having an outboard switcher/scaler combo. It will work on it's own and as part of a Classe system with CANBUS. Again I hope to find out more very soon.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"