X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Playlink - not sure it works for me

Ok, help me to make sure I understand what playlink does...

I should be able to have my ssp on say "cable", I put a music CD in the CDP and hit play, and it should automatically tell the SSP that music is playing, and switch it to the correct input, right?

it isnt working for me if that is the case.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

PlayLink is a Wonderful Thing

Originally posted by sikoniko
    I should be able to have my ssp on say "cable", I put a music CD in the CDP and hit play, and it should automatically tell the SSP that music is playing, and switch it to the correct input, right?
    Right. But you need to tell the SSP which input to use with the CDP. It's an exciting feature that you have to setup to make happen. From the SSP or CP enter the CAN bus menu and select the CDP device from the list. From here you should see the PlayLink menu. Enter this menu and you will see a list of iputs to chose from. Pick the input you have configured for the CDP and then hit "home". On your CDP, press play and off you go (assuming you have PlayLink enabled on the CDP). PlayLink is wonderful thing! :B
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by RebelMan
      Right. But you need to tell the SSP which input to use with the CDP. It's an exciting feature that you have to setup to make happen. From the SSP or CP enter the CAN bus menu and select the CDP device from the list. From here you should see the PlayLink menu. Enter this menu and you will see a list of iputs to chose from. Pick the input you have configured for the CDP and then hit "home". On your CDP, press play and off you go (assuming you have PlayLink enabled on the CDP). PlayLink is wonderful thing! :B
      That was the trick! missed the setup in the ssp. Thanks!

I like CANBUS. I think other companies should implement it as well. I understand proprietary stuff, but everyone could support a standard set of tools like standby on/off. Especially ROTEL since they are from the b&w group.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"