X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Racks for Classe Gear

Hey guys, just wondering what racks you guys use for your Classe gear, I have been looking and am having a problem finding one that is large and robust enough to hold my CAV180 on the bottom shelf.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"
  • moonlightdrive21
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Soundgravy
    Hey guys, just wondering what racks you guys use for your Classe gear, I have been looking and am having a problem finding one that is large and robust enough to hold my CAV180 on the bottom shelf.
    I ended up with BDI (the Axis model), and am very happy:

BDI TV stands, entertainment centers and media cabinets set a modern and stylish stage for your home theater system, and come standard with innovative features like built-in cable management, flow-through ventilation, hidden wheels, and rear access panels.

The look of the wood is *much* nicer in person compared to how it looks in the pictures.
    Last edited by moonlightdrive21; 27 February 2007, 00:26 Tuesday.

Comment

• photoman
      • Apr 2006

I use a salamander designs rack and a classe amp stand

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

I want to get an amp stand. Maybe like Eliav's VS1 for the amp, but I am using a middle atlantic slim5 inwall for the rest of the stuff.
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

photoman, can you be more specific about your Classe' amp stand?
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Glen B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jul 2004

Soundgravy, I recommend the Salamander Synergy racks. My CA-300 is of similar dimensions and weight as your CAV-180 and fits comfortably on the bottom shelf of my Synergy S40 rack. The shelves are infinitely adjustable so that adequate ventilation space is provided above the amp.

Comment

• Glen B
              Super Senior Member
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by moonlightdrive21
              I ended with BDI (the Axis model), and am very happy:

BDI TV stands, entertainment centers and media cabinets set a modern and stylish stage for your home theater system, and come standard with innovative features like built-in cable management, flow-through ventilation, hidden wheels, and rear access panels.

The look of the wood is *much* nicer in person than shown in the pictures.

I would be concerned about possible effects of vibration pickup from the wood construction and (thin) glass shelves. No ???

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Glen B
                I would be concerned about possible effects of vibration pickup from the wood construction and (thin) glass shelves. No ???
                Maybe - I really don't know. The store I purchased it from sells extremely high end audiophile equipment, for whatever that's worth. The glass is not thin by my standards, but actually pretty thick and heavy. But not sure about vibration pickup, etc. - nothing I ever noticed.

Comment

• photoman
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
                  photoman, can you be more specific about your Classe' amp stand?
                  Sure, it's the bottom portion of the classe equipment rack. You can purchase just the bottom portion for the amp cost was around $250, but it's got the right dimensions for a CA5200 since this amp so deep. You can extend it by adding the additional shelves for the rest of your gear at a later date if you desire. Spiked feet well built. Barked about paying for it (like most things in life i guess) but was happy that I did. Looks better the 2x4 under the amp :-)

Comment

• RebelMan
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

photoman, care to show us a pic of your amp stand, please? I have seen the full Classe' rack but I would like to see just the amp stand as I am VERY interested in this.

Comment

• photoman
                      • Apr 2006

Sure thing, i'll get it up this Friday - got take for for Mass in a little while for a few days.

Comment

• RobP
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

Great suggestions guys. Not too long ago I passed up a three shelf Classe rack on Ebay, I believe it went for somewhere around $300.

As far as the glass shelves go, I have read arguments on both sides of the spectrum in regards to its effect on SQ. I guess to be safe one could use isolation feet under the CD player to help minimize any vibration.

I did find a couple racks that I really liked, but I know that one is priced around $9K. :E , http://www.avisolation.com/

Here is another one that I really liked.

audiav.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, audiav.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• sikoniko
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Aug 2003

I think these are sharp looking, but I wouldnt pay that much for it. I can't see how isolating an amp would make a difference. I understand a CDP shakes... but an amp?

The world's largest online retailer of high-end audio, audiophile music, and accessories. We specialize in vinyl records and turntables.

Comment

• RobP
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Nov 2004

Thats a nice stand, I wonder how much of these isolation devices are really needed, It would make sense that Classe or any other high end company would take vibration control into consideration when they design a CD player.
                            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Glen B
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sikoniko
                              I think these are sharp looking, but I wouldnt pay that much for it. I can't see how isolating an amp would make a difference. I understand a CDP shakes... but an amp?
                              Microphonics. If you think about it, there are parts susceptible to vibration like relay and breaker parts and contacts points, fuse elements, the wafer-thin slivers of silicon in semiconductors, etc. all acting like little spring reverbs. Vibration at all these little points may have an effect SQ.

Comment

• RobP
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Nov 2004

I ended up buying a tempoary rack today until I get my room done, went with a VTI 4 shelf unit, its modular so I can change things around.

Oh, I also picked this up as well. :B

Last edited by RobP; 02 March 2007, 01:55 Friday.
                                Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RebelMan
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2005

Hey SG, I think all you are missing now is is a Classe' pre/pro? Enjoy you new toy. BTW, I have always liked the VTI amp stands, since seeing them in Eliav's rig. But it's size maybe too big for my cubby. Do you know if the VTI name plate is removable? How is it attached? Don't ask why I ask, its an anal retentive thing.

Comment

• RobP
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • Nov 2004

Hey Rebelman,

Yes, all I lack now is my pre-pro, my dealer is waiting on a SSP-60 to come in from a customer of theirs, then my rig will be complete for the next couple years.
                                    I'll check and see if that logo comes off, I hope it does, lets just say I understand the anal retentive thing. :lol:
                                    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Lex
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Apr 2001

very similar modular construction to the Lovan Soviergn series, and many other Lovans. Not that this is a Classe' question or answer, (clearing throat), but I always had a thing for Billy Bags racks, nice stuff...
                                      Doug
                                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kobus
                                        • Aug 2005

Well done Robert, happy for you.

Kobus

Comment

• Chunky
                                          • Sep 2006

I want to get an amp stand. Maybe like Eliav's VS1 for the amp, but I am using a middle atlantic slim5 inwall for the rest of the stuff.
                                          Did you get the rackmount kits from Classe, or did you use Middle Atlantic's customized faceplates/racks?

BTW, looks awesome!

Comment

• sikoniko
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Chunky
                                            Did you get the rackmount kits from Classe, or did you use Middle Atlantic's customized faceplates/racks?

BTW, looks awesome!
                                            The ssp and cdp are in a mid atlantic custom rack. Right now, the ca-3200 is on the floor. Im going to get an amp stand for it soon.

thanks

Comment

• photoman
                                              • Apr 2006

Rebel man.

Classe Amp stand pics

Classe amp stand with CA5200 on top

Another pic top

Top view

The 5200 is the deepest off the amps, note the last picture the depth of the stand, about 2 inches remain with a 5200 on it. Again stand wasn't cheap ( ~$250) but worth it for 5200 owners. Again, nice thing is you can expand the rack later or just use it as is like I'm doing.

Hope this helps
                                              Last edited by photoman; 07 March 2007, 18:54 Wednesday.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • Mar 2005

Thanks for the great pics photoman, much appreciated!

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Aug 2003

when you ordered it, did you just say you wanted the first shelf or how did you set that up? and this was from classe?

thanks,

Comment

• photoman
                                                    • Apr 2006

when you ordered it, did you just say you wanted the first shelf or how did you set that up? and this was from classe?

thanks,
                                                    Yes, just told my dealer i wanted the lower portion of there rack. I can be ordered like that. Just ask your classe dealer to get you one. I threw away the box else i would have given you the part number.

Comment

• ChrisssB
                                                      • Feb 2006

photoman:
                                                      That's very nice! (that you ordered the lower portion of the rack)
                                                      I liked the classe rack alot but when I saw it in the store it puzzled me, cause the 2 back legs are not set in the corners and they kinda get in the way of interconnects ....
                                                      Attached Files

Comment

• RobP
                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                        • Nov 2004

Received my rack today, it came in black, but I actually like the looks of it better than the all silver. Also picked up a Classe SSP60 from the dealer. my system is finally complete, Pics to follow............
                                                        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Soundgravy
                                                          Received my rack today, it came in black, but I actually like the looks of it better than the all silver. Also picked up a Classe SSP60 from the dealer. my system is finally complete, Pics to follow............
                                                          Don't forget to look at the removability of the badge and hurry up with those pics! LOL Way to go SG! :T "The circle is now complete."

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Aug 2003

Don't forget to look at the removability of the badge and hurry up with those pics! LOL Way to go SG! :T "The circle is now complete."
                                                            speaking of pics... dont you owe us some???

Comment

• Joey_V
                                                              • Jul 2005

The VTI badge is removable. I got mine in all silver and I love it!
                                                              Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                                                              Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                                                              System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• RobP
                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                • Nov 2004

The badge does come off, just a little action from a heat gun and it popped right off. :T

I finally got everything in order and set up, I had to actually extend the legs of one of the rack sections so the spacing was ample for cooling, ended up turning down some aluminum rod stock to make leg extensions, worked pretty good, now I just have to have them powder coated to match.
                                                                (sorry for the poor picture )
                                                                Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• aapeli
                                                                  • Mar 2007

Here is very good, glass and metal rack. These are very heavy. :T
                                                                  firstthingsfirst.de steht zum Verkauf, kontaktieren Sie uns noch heute für ein kostenloses Angebot.Füllen Sie das untenstehende Formular aus und Sie erhalten ein kostenloses Angebot.

-aapeli

Comment

• Glen B
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by aapeli
                                                                    Here is very good, glass and metal rack. These are very heavy. :T
                                                                    firstthingsfirst.de steht zum Verkauf, kontaktieren Sie uns noch heute für ein kostenloses Angebot.Füllen Sie das untenstehende Formular aus und Sie erhalten ein kostenloses Angebot.

-aapeli
                                                                    Those are nice. I am surprised though that the manufacturer would take a name that is already being used by well know and longtime maker of high end audio, Spectral.

Comment

• aapeli
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Mar 2007

In Germany everything is possible. I don´t know how that can be possible. Anyway, guys in Germany do very good looking A/V furnitures. ;x(

Comment

• audiofun
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Feb 2005

Nice looking Rack that won't break your bank

I bought this rack for my Classe gears. Very sturdy with tempered glass shelves and the color matches my red cherry B&W N802.

Best of all, it is less than US $200 at circuit city.

Oh, I forgot, if you are AAA member, save 10%.

audiofun

Comment

Working...
                                                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                        Search Result for "|||"