This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hberg
    • Apr 2008

Okay. One person asked for a few pictures ....

Although I currently have one piece of Classe equipment, I do plan on more in the near future, and this is the only place I could think of to post the pictures.

List of equipment:

Marantz SR7001
    (Waiting on Classe' SSP-800)
    Classe' CA-3200
    B&W 804S (L&R)
    B&W HTM3S (Center)
    Rotel RMB-1075
    (evetunally upgrading to Classe' CA-5100)
    B&W Signature 7 (L&R Surround)
    B&W CCM817 (L&R Surround Back)
    SIM2 Domino 30H
    Stuart 100" Screen
    Playstation 3
    RTI T2C Remote
    Denon DVD-2900
    Denon CDRW-1500
    Attached Files
    "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

I like what you did with the ceiling was the room originaly design that way?
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Hberg
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by wettou
        I like what you did with the ceiling was the room originaly design that way?
        Thanks for the compliment.

Yes. This was an unfinished basement, and this was our design. It is approximately 15 feet wide at the narrowist point and 30 feet at the widest point. It is also about 50 long. The book case on the left side of the screen is actually a door. We left about 3 ft behind the screen for storage and access. (My wife calls it her panic room)

Even though I do host a monthly card game and we watch an occassional movie or game, I use it a lot for my audio enjoyment.

It is truly a Man Cave at its finest!
        "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by beden1
          That's a question that I have regarding speaker placement and equipment racks in the center. B&W' specs for the 800 Series speakers:
          Horizontal: over 60º arc
          Vertical: over 10º arc

With a horizontal arc of "over 60%" why would there be any issue with having the equipment and TV racks in the center? There would be no interference, would there be?
          Sound waves bend, reflect and refract. That's why you generally see bass traps behind the speakers. The radius of dispersion is the range that audible detail can be perceived without significant roll-off. It indicates the best field of performance. Outside this window the information becomes irregular, weakened and potentially detrimental reverberation if left uncontrolled. Obstacles in between the speakers generally exaggerate these effects more than they do to impair them.
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Very very cool Hberg. :T

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

[QUOTE=kloepfr][QUOTE=sikoniko]Pics of my stuff. The room is still in progress. Haven't gotten to the carpet phase, so please excuse the mess!

Here is a shot of the front of the room from the back...

Here is a full shot of the rack...

Nice setup! What size does your room have? Where is your rack located? I ask because I also plan a new music/home theater room in my house.

I am not sure if I should locate my rack in the front between the speakers or at the side wall....what is your experience?? Any tips or remarks for me out of your experience?? Thanks!!
              Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I don't check the pic thread much.

Thanks for the compliment. The room has undergone a lot of changes since that pic was taken. It is still not complete though. I am slow.

My room is 13' wide x 18' deep. My rack is in the back right corner, when facing the screen.The point of me putting my rack behind me was to keep the lights out of view while watching the projector, to keep from distraction.

I'll post a new pic in the coming weeks when things settle down a little. too many changes going on right now.
              I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• beden1
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
                Sound waves bend, reflect and refract. That's why you generally see bass traps behind the speakers. The radius of dispersion is the range that audible detail can be perceived without significant roll-off. It indicates the best field of performance. Outside this window the information becomes irregular, weakened and potentially detrimental reverberation if left uncontrolled. Obstacles in between the speakers generally exaggerate these effects more than they do to impair them.
                Thanks for the response. Are there any links where they show the movement of sound waves?

Comment

• dboone
                  • Nov 2007

Superb pics! Work of art!

Comment

• RebelMan
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

Thanks for the response. Are there any links where they show the movement of sound waves?
                    I think you are looking for something like this...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• beden1
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2006

Pictures of just added BDI cabinets, Classe CAM-350 mono amps, and a B&W HTM2D center.

Comment

• taker
                        • Aug 2005

Here are some long overdue images of my setup. I finally got the incentive to breakout my camera and take some pictures and post them on the Guide. My plasma display took a dive and has to go in for repair (I think for a failed video processor board). I needed to capture some shots of the display before it went in. Of course I saw this as an opportunity to snap a few more as well. :B

The first shot is from behind the couch and the second from the listening position. I'll post more soon, hopefully.

Rebelman

Can you tell me waht amps you are using with your 800D :T

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Taker,

Nice I see you have CAM-400 very cool, the tile floor might give you some funny reverb! Also the windows behind are less than ideal.

I have to deal with similar situations, huge bay windows on one side and marble floors. My solution a one inch thick wool rug with a tick under pad, and heavy drapes help absorb the reverberations. I have been thinking about having Rives Audo design my ceiling to help acoustics.
                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• taker
                            • Aug 2005

Taker,

Nice I see you have CAM-400 very cool, the tile floor might give you some funny reverb! Also the windows behind are less than ideal.

I have to deal with similar situations, huge bay windows on one side and marble floors. My solution a one inch thick wool rug with a tick under pad, and heavy drapes help absorb the reverberations. I have been thinking about having Rives Audo design my ceiling to help acoustics.

Sorry that's Rebelman I was asking him a question about his gear

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

No worries

Comment

• RebelMan
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by taker
                                Rebelman

Can you tell me waht amps you are using with your 800D :T
                                CA-M400s.

Comment

• wettou
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • May 2006

CA-M400s.
                                  My next upgrade three 800D and three CA-M400, I am saving

Comment

• beden1
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Oct 2006

My next upgrade three 800D and three CA-M400, I am saving
                                    Last week you were crying poor mouth and said you would probably wait ten years to do any upgrades because of the bad economy . . . and now this statement? Did you do better in the market this week selling short? :??

Comment

• wettou
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • May 2006

Last week you were crying poor mouth and said you would probably wait ten years to do any upgrades because of the bad economy . . . and now this statement? Did you do better in the market this week selling short? :??
                                      I didn't say when! :boohoo:

Comment

• wettou
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • May 2006

Soon I will post new pictures of the system, I have done a few upgrades. Still finishing up the room.

I heard from my Dealer Classé SSP-800 should ship before the end of July, so he was told!:P
                                        Last edited by wettou; 16 July 2008, 14:47 Wednesday.

Comment

• rompower
                                          • May 2008

wettou Da*N Great news!

So anxious to get rid of my rotel rsx D

Comment

• wettou
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • May 2006

Originally posted by rompower
                                            wettou Da*N Great news! So anxious to get rid of my rotel rsx D
                                            Let's hope it happens I remember in March that the release was imminent ops: On the other hand I would rather wait and get a product that works 100% out of the box rather than being a beta tester, any one says Blu Ray!!

Comment

• RebelMan
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Mar 2005

I heard from my Dealer Classé SSP-800 should ship before the end of July, so he was told!:P
                                              I touched on this briefly in another post. The SSP-800 WILL ship in July PROVIDED the final pre-launch field tests go well. When it does ship don't expect a market flood. They will trickle in at first until the production lines come up to speed. I expect there will be a few firmware bumps along the way but nothing catastrophic. Given this Classe' will want early adopter feedback to keep the process running smoothly as production increases.

Comment

• rompower
                                                • May 2008

So... for someone in the 100th position, it will take few months to get it?

Comment

• wettou
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • May 2006

So... for someone in the 100th position, it will take few months to get it?
                                                  It depends we might start seeing them on ebay for $16,000 :rofl:

No thanks I will wait another few months or bribe my dealer :T

Comment

• rompower
                                                    • May 2008

wettou, no need to wait on ebay for 16K, UK seems to pay in that range price eheheh
                                                    but.. really curious on how many time it will take to get one since I'm not in the first ten on pre-order

Comment

• wettou
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • May 2006

wettou, no need to wait on ebay for 16K, UK seems to pay in that range price eheheh but.. really curious on how many time it will take to get one since I'm not in the first ten on pre-order
                                                      Well that is why I live in the US 8) At least a month or two

Comment

• Alpha231
                                                        • May 2008

I'll let you guys know about the SSP-800, I'll be going to England for a B&W training and we will talk about the SSP-800...

Comment

• Alpha231
                                                          • May 2008

Here is an old picture of my mediocre stack (before the addition of the CDP-102)...

Classe CAP-2100
                                                          Pro-Ject RM-10 w/ Sumiko Blackbird
                                                          Sumiko Phono Box II
                                                          Sumiko Speed Box II
                                                          Totem Acoustic Hawks

Sorry for the crappy picture... I'm no photographer...

Comment

• wettou
                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                            • May 2006

Originally posted by Alpha231
                                                            I'll let you guys know about the SSP-800, I'll be going to England for a B&W training and we will talk about the SSP-800...
                                                            Really cool I assume you are a dealer! Are they paying for the trip?

Comment

• Alpha231
                                                              • May 2008

Really cool I assume you are a dealer! Are they paying for the trip?
                                                              Yes, and yes, with the way airfares are going... I'm glad! I was pretty excited to see that they will be taking a small portion of the day to talk about the SSP-800.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                • May 2006

Yes, and yes, with the way airfares are going... I'm glad! I was pretty excited to see that they will be taking a small portion of the day to talk about the SSP-800.
                                                                Cool, where are you a dealer at, what is your store name?

Comment

• Glen B
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Jul 2004

Here is an old picture of my mediocre stack (before the addition of the CDP-102)...

Classe CAP-2100
                                                                  Pro-Ject RM-10 w/ Sumiko Blackbird
                                                                  Sumiko Phono Box II
                                                                  Sumiko Speed Box II
                                                                  Totem Acoustic Hawks

Sorry for the crappy picture... I'm no photographer...
                                                                  Modest but nevertheless fine components, not at all mediocre. :T Bose is mediocre.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Glen B
                                                                    Modest but nevertheless fine components, not at all mediocre. :T Bose is mediocre.
                                                                    Agreed. Looking forward to your input on the SSP-800 Alpha.

Comment

• style
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Feb 2006

Hallo,

@wettou,
                                                                      wow, if do you buy a 3x B&W 800D and 3x CAM400 that will be a great system...

You have a insonorised room or so like that? (acoustic panel...?)
                                                                      and tahn your actual B&W speakers going to be sell? Or what is youir idea of the setup?
                                                                      For the SSP800 I thibk you must waiting to septmber (minimun) for a version without the dual DSP... but I do not where do you have buyed the gear...

will not be better make a L/R with 800D and 802D center? (if do you don't like a "normal center ike htm2d/htm1D)

So much speaker (3 800D, 2x802D, 2x802N and the 803) give you sure a problems with noise if the room in not insonorised... OR?

For you upgrade in $$$$ we have: a pair B&W800D ca $. 33000.- + 3x CAM400 = $ 28000.- plus a single 800D ??? ca. 15500.- WOW
                                                                      plus accessior a speakers cables, interconnect ....

well we waiting the picturs :T

omar

Comment

• wettou
                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                        • May 2006

Originally posted by style
                                                                        wow, if do you buy a 3x B&W 800D and 3x CAM400 that will be a great system... omar
                                                                        Not any time soon I will stick to my current speaker setup 3x802D+2x802S+ 2x803 for the next seven years unless I happen to get an unexpected amount of $$ before that.

My room is fairly large and yes it is treated with heavy furniture carpets and tapestries. The sound still leaks since it was not designed from the ground up. When I move home I will take a room and have it desighed like a recording studio

Comment

• rompower
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2008

it is better carpet/rug or.. bamboo? for the floor indeed...

Comment

• wettou
                                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                                            • May 2006
                                                                            • 3389

it is better carpet/rug or.. bamboo? for the floor indeed...
                                                                            I meant rug I hate carpet

Comment

• rompower
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • May 2008
                                                                              • 241

ok so a bamboo floor is a good choice? I heard this is good for accoustic, keeps the room "alive"

any comments?

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2006
                                                                                • 3389

ok so a bamboo floor is a good choice? I heard this is good for accoustic, keeps the room "alive" any comments?
                                                                                Hardwood floor no matter which kind will be best, unfortunately I have marble taht is why I put a thick wool rug with a pad underneath.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Oct 2006
                                                                                  • 1676

I'm posting these pics of my Florida setup instead of links, as I just figured out how to post pictures here. Since taking these, I've angled the HTM2D up about 2 1/4" and added silk floor plants behind each of my speakers. The silk plants have helped tone things down a bit, which I was surprised this worked after I got the brain storm during a rainy day.

[IMG]

Last edited by beden1; 23 July 2008, 02:36 Wednesday.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                    • Mar 2005
                                                                                    • 3139

Where are they beden?

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Oct 2006
                                                                                      • 1676

Where are they beden?
                                                                                      I hope the pictures are posted now. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2005
                                                                                        • 3139

Much better, thanks. :T

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                          • May 2006
                                                                                          • 3389

I'm posting these pics of my Florida setup instead of links, as I just figured out how to post pictures here. Since taking these, I've angled the HTM2D up about 2 1/4" and added silk floor plants behind each of my speakers. The silk plants have helped tone things down a bit, which I was surprised this worked after I got the brain storm during a rainy day.
                                                                                          Silk plant what a great idea, my wife would approve greatly, what do you mean by toning things down?

Also two subs aren't they shaking the rack and every thing! My JLAudio Fathom F113 shakes the walls, plus I can't imagine putting it on racks (130 lbs. / 59.0 kg) :

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Oct 2006
                                                                                            • 1676

My room is on the bright side and the silk plants have done a decent job of taking away some of the over the edge brightness and echoes (like the 4 1/2-5'+ ones that are bushy/have a lot of leafs and you can get reasonably at Home Depot on occasion - at least at the one in Jupiter, FL.

They were originally placed behind the speakers to serve as quasi bass traps, and so far, I feel my bass could now be a bit more focused, but this may be more as a result of toning down/controlling the brightness/echoes.

No, the subs do not shake the cabinets or the house. I also have those soft round rubber Isonodes under each of the feet. The subs sound great.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"