• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Gump
    James,

That is a magnificent system. Absolutely beautiful! Serious HT/Stereo envy going on here!!

Sorry to hear about your Pioneer....now you've got me worried.
    Thanks Gump. Don't worry about the Pio, the technician tells me it's a rare thing for their displays to fail like this. I was just an unlucky soul. BTW, didn't you decide on LG? I heard a rumor that they are abandoning the PDP market. I haven't checked on weather it was true or not. But if you haven't picked up a PDP yet I strongly urge you to wait a few more months. Pioneer has announced their fall lineup of SED killers. SED is dead now but from what I hear the Pio stacks up well. If there is any truth to this that would be an impressive feat. I have seen SED and nothing could touch it two years ago, not by a mile! If what they say is true I might upgrade to it myself.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

I know this is off topic but since RebelMan brought it up.

LG is not abandoning the PDP market. Demand has dropped so they are closing one of their plants that makes PDP panels. I think they will still have three running after the closure.

Pioneer is the best PDP company out there as RebelMan says. The Elite line is very strong now and is only going to be better in 60 - 120 days when all of the new models launch!!

Eric

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Thanks for the LG update Eric.

Comment

• Gump
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
          Thanks Gump. Don't worry about the Pio, the technician tells me it's a rare thing for their displays to fail like this. I was just an unlucky soul. BTW, didn't you decide on LG? I heard a rumor that they are abandoning the PDP market. I haven't checked on weather it was true or not. But if you haven't picked up a PDP yet I strongly urge you to wait a few more months. Pioneer has announced their fall lineup of SED killers. SED is dead now but from what I hear the Pio stacks up well. If there is any truth to this that would be an impressive feat. I have seen SED and nothing could touch it two years ago, not by a mile! If what they say is true I might upgrade to it myself.

James,

No, I haven't decided on the LG yet. I was impressed with the demo that my HT guy put on for me though. It certainly didn't surpass the Pio but the way he had it tuned in made it alot closer than I expected. Your problem might have been an aberration, but my HT guy sold 2 Elite's and both ended up with technical issues that required either replacement or repair. He hasn't had much luck with them and that's why he began to shy away from them and lean towards the LG or Panny's. Now your unfortunate story has me even a bit more skittish.

Just moved into the new house last Thursday (I am having nightmares about hanging window blinds and unpacking cardboard boxes :E ). I put the Mitsubishi upstairs in the Master bedroom, so the wall in the Family room is blank and waiting for a plasma. I may be able to hang on a few more months to see the new Pio's but it won't be easy! Been so busy though I haven't even had time to unpack my 803D's----can you believe it?

Well, Soundgravy's going to boot this over to the TV section if we go on...

Hope you get your Pio back soon. It looks perfect in that niche surrounded by all that Classe hardware and those big bookend 800's. Great system!! ;x(

Neil

Comment

• ryst
            • May 2007

Overview of my system. Most of it is from Classé

Comment

• chasw98
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ryst
              Overview of my system. Most of it is from Classé
              Very nice and clean. Looks like it was made to perform. I like it!

Chuck

Comment

• photoman
                • Apr 2006

[QUOTE=ryst]Overview of my system. Most of it is from Classé
                QUOTE]

sweet setup. How do you like that Krell CD Player.

Comment

• ryst
                  • May 2007

Well it's actaully a DVD Standard and the performace in 2 channel audio is great. I have compared it against Classé CDP300/202 and I could not hear any major differance in the sound stage.

I do prefer the 2 channel DA in Krell over the DA in SSP600.

But still is trying to replace it with Classé CDP202/502 when the money bag is big enough

Comment

• aapeli
                    • Mar 2007

Very nice setup....I´m just wondering, how you have connected system? You have cp-700, 2 x cam-400, ssp-300, cdp-100 and cdp-300, right?

Comment

• Xavier
                      • May 2007

My System

This is my ongoing system:

Source: Classé CDP-300
                      Processor: TagMclaren AV32R bp 192 DP
                      Amp: Classé CA-3200 + TagMclaren 100x5R

Main speakers: B&W 683 (on loan for some tests)
                      Central Speaker: B&W HTM4s
                      Sorround Speakers: Sonus Faber Concertino

Speakers are under upgrade process.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Xavier; 07 September 2007, 09:37 Friday.
                      System: CLASSÉ SSP-800; CLASSÉ CA3200 (F+C); TAG 100x5R (S) - Speakers: B&W 802D (F) + B&W HTM4s (C) + TAG Calliope (S) + REL STRATA V Sources: CLASSÉ CDP300; Oppo BDP-83 NE - Video: Panasonic PT-AE3000; Tela BEAMAX (moldura)

Comment

• RebelMan
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Nice shot Xavier. Would like to hear what you think about the combination with the 683s you are evaluating.

Comment

• Xavier
                          • May 2007

Well I can tell you that this audition test is not for the purpose of buying. My evolution path is towards the 800 series. I am really curious about the new 600 series and managed to get my hand on a pair of 685 and 683. In general I can say that the 600 series surprised me enormously. The 685, for the price, is a winner. Transparency, a soft high range and an acceptable bass (for a monitor speaker). It does everything well. Now for the 683, I can say that I was amazed by the timber signature of the Kevlar FST mid range unit. It clearly reminds me the feeling I had while listening to the 802D. That transparency and sweetness is there and for a price bargain of 1500 Euros. The low range suffers from some resonance effect. It really interacts with my leaving room modes. I can’t say to what extent the resonance is coming from the speaker box itself or if this is just boosted by my living room’s acoustic characteristics. I have to say my living room is not easy as it has 80 Sqm and has a very lively sound.

In one sentence: The 600 series is a serious contender that will shake the market seriously!

In any moment I felt that the 683 were a constrain piece on my system.
                          System: CLASSÉ SSP-800; CLASSÉ CA3200 (F+C); TAG 100x5R (S) - Speakers: B&W 802D (F) + B&W HTM4s (C) + TAG Calliope (S) + REL STRATA V Sources: CLASSÉ CDP300; Oppo BDP-83 NE - Video: Panasonic PT-AE3000; Tela BEAMAX (moldura)

Comment

• ryst
                            • May 2007

Just bought a new pair of CA-M400

Comment

• RebelMan
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Mar 2005

Nice addition ryst. What happens to the legacy amps now that you have the Delta's?

Comment

• ryst
                                • May 2007

RebelMan: Not sure, they don't work as they should. Need some with repair skill to have a look at them. Classé suggested my to send them to UK for an overview. I'll guess I have to sell them as scrap or somthing like that anyway.

The sad part is that they sounded so damn good, but the new Delta sounds to have some more power. Only have had them for 2 days.

Comment

• moonlightdrive21
                                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ryst
                                  RebelMan: Not sure, they don't work as they should. Need some with repair skill to have a look at them. Classé suggested my to send them to UK for an overview. I'll guess I have to sell them as scrap or somthing like that anyway.

The sad part is that they sounded so damn good, but the new Delta sounds to have some more power. Only have had them for 2 days.
                                  Is there a night and day difference between your old amps and your new ones. Other than more of a sense of power with new ones, what are the differences? Thanks!

Comment

• ryst
                                    • May 2007

Originally posted by moonlightdrive21
                                    Is there a night and day difference between your old amps and your new ones. Other than more of a sense of power with new ones, what are the differences? Thanks!
                                    Nope, In my opinon the sound is more or less the same. Maybe the sound is a bit clearer in the M400. But if you calibrate the output between the amps I would have hard to pick them out.

All I can say is that the construction and internal design is way better in the M400 vs M700.

I know a lot of people have compared the Omega vs M400 and told that the M400 was way better, but I not so sure. Both are killer amps no question about it.

Comment

• Xavier
                                      • May 2007

Now with the 802D

I'm a lucky owner of a brand new pair of 802D. arty:

The setup is still very funky since I didn't yet have the time to set everything up. I just what to listen to music... :P

Comment

• Glen B
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Xavier
                                        The setup is still very funky since I didn't yet have the time to set everything up. I just what to listen to music... :P
                                        That's alright. :B When my wife and I moved into our first and only apartment as newlyweds 26+ years ago, my "equipment rack" consisted of two stacks of cardboard boxes -- I'm not kidding. IMO your interior decor complements your choice of speaker finish and vice versa.

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                          • Jun 2007

Hello to you,

Here are a few pictures of my Classé Audio Delta.
                                          Some of you already know this config.

CDP-202, CP-700 and 2x CA-2200.

Good day to you,

Frederic.

pictures...

and connecting...

Comment

• pengilly
                                            • Jan 2008

Wow,
                                            Dam
                                            GEES
                                            You guys have some really nice EQ!!

Comment

• ryst
                                              • May 2007

Last pic of my M700, before I sell them :cry:

Comment

• Euphonia
                                                • Nov 2007

Finaly now they have arrived
                                                Attached Files

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Mar 2005

Very nice stack Euphonia. Thanks for sharing and congrats! :T

Comment

• Tympani
                                                    • Mar 2008

New member here. Love my CA-M400's, the first amps I've found that can "wake up Maggie"

Other equipment: Herron VTSP-3 tube preamp
                                                    Marantz SA11s1 sacd
                                                    Kubala-Sosna cables (IC and Speaker)
                                                    Magnepan MG20 speakers
                                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Glen B
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tympani
                                                      New member here. Love my CA-M400's, the first amps I've found that can "wake up Maggie"
                                                      Beautiful system. :T Nice start on the forum.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                        • Mar 2005

Beautiful system Tympani! :T Welcome!!!

Just the other day I commented in another club thread about the great chemistry that exists between the CA-M400's and the Maggies. Your post is a great addition here.

Are the monoblock stands custom made?

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Tympani

Other equipment: Herron VTSP-3 tube preamp
                                                          Marantz SA11s1 sacd
                                                          Kubala-Sosna cables (IC and Speaker)
                                                          Magnepan MG20 speakers
                                                          Did you try the Parasound JC-1s? They work great with the MG20.1s.

Of course, the way to REALLY wake up the big Maggies is to remove the passive crossovers and do active biamping. Using the passive crossover is like driving your car with the parking brake engaged. :B

Peter

Comment

• Tympani
                                                            • Mar 2008

Thanks for the nice comments! The amp stands are custom made by Tate Blanchard at Custom Isolation Products. I sent him an exact template of the amplifier chassis, and he matched them perfectly with 1" acrylic, and aluminum cones.. Great craftmanship too.

Peter, I did hear the Parasounds with smaller Maggies (3.6) and was impressed to say the least, but ultimately went with the Classe's for a slightly softer (euphonic?) high end that I likened to live music, My room is a bit small for the MG20's (16x25'), and any hint of aggressiveness in the upper register becomes over-bearing when the music is cranked up (which is often!)

I know the benefits that can be had by replacing the passive X-over. But since I will probably be moving away from planars soon, I'd rather keep them stock (except for HiFi-Tuning fuses and Jena Wire to replace the brass jumpers).

The Classe's are keepers! My next plan is to get a projector, and retractible screen to drop in front of the plasma for movies. I want the best of both worlds when it comes to video - and there's nothing like a 65" plasma for Sunday afternoon football!

Comment

• Live for music
                                                              • Mar 2008

Very nice

Really cool pictures, I am glad to see that these pictures seem to be from people with normal lives rather than one with $$$$$ in the bank.

I have assembled a Classe/B&W system over the years and will post pictures shortly.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                • May 2006

Pictures

I just joined AVR and find that there are some great system on this site.

My Home theater system equipment is:

Audio: 7.1
                                                                Speakers:
                                                                - Front: Three B&W Nautilus 802D
                                                                - Surround side: B&W Nautilus 802
                                                                - Surround Back: B&W Nautilus 803

Subwoofer: JL Audio Fathom F113

Surround Sound Processor 7.1: Integra Research RDC7 ( soon Classé SSP-800)

Amplifiers: Classé CA-5200 and Classé CA-2100

Super Audio CD player: Sony XA777ES

Blu Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD30

DVD Player: Integra Research RDV1

Music Server: iMac

Video Projector: JVC DLA-RS2 Reference Series Screen: Stewart Film Screen 100"d

Accessories:
                                                                - Speaker cables: Kimber Kable 8TC,
                                                                - Interconnect Wireworld,
                                                                - Component Video Canaree Cables, HDMi cable: VizionWare Hi-Wirez™ 3400
                                                                - Power Conditioner: Furman Pro
                                                                - Dedicated electric line

I will post pictures after my new projector is installed
                                                                Attached Files
                                                                Last edited by wettou; 16 April 2008, 17:46 Wednesday.
                                                                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Fido
                                                                  • Mar 2008

pics of Classe Gear

pics of my junk:
                                                                  Classe CDP-202
                                                                  Classe CP-700
                                                                  Classe CA-2200
                                                                  B&W 802D's
                                                                  Rega P3/24 w/Exact II cartridge
                                                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Tommy
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Dec 2006

Hi Fido. Your gear is definitely not junk! except perhaps the TV :B

Comment

• joetama
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Tommy
                                                                      :T Well put...
                                                                      -Joe

Comment

• Fido
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Tommy
                                                                        Tommy, man why do you wanna bust on my beloved 12 year old Mitsu TV...she's been a war horse...heehehee

Comment

• wettou
                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2006
                                                                          • 3389

My Home Theater

Here are additional pictures

Enjoy

Attached Files
                                                                          Last edited by wettou; 12 May 2008, 13:33 Monday.
                                                                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Tommy
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Dec 2006
                                                                            • 110

Originally posted by wettou
                                                                            Here are additional pictures

Enjoy
                                                                            3 802d on the front, cool!
                                                                            Is is me or is the screen off-centred?

Comment

• wettou
                                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                                              • May 2006
                                                                              • 3389

#83
                                                                              Thank you, yes you are correct, I am going to get a new screen that will be centered.

I did not show the back, there are two 802 surround side and two 803 surround back.

Multi channel audio is really fun

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                • Mar 2005
                                                                                • 3139

#84
                                                                                Nice setup wettou! :T

Which screen? Are you thinking CinemaScope?

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                  • May 2006
                                                                                  • 3389

#85
                                                                                  2:35 Luxus A Electriscreen 12 feet wide

Thank you, I am looking at the 2:35 Luxus A Electriscreen 12 feet wide. This is the family room and it has multifunction, I wish I had a dedicated room so I could do the CINE-W http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/CineW.htm

May be in the next house after I am done paying for college for the kids!!

Comment

• kloepfr
                                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                                    • Feb 2008
                                                                                    • 23

#86
                                                                                    [QUOTE=sikoniko]Pics of my stuff. The room is still in progress. Haven't gotten to the carpet phase, so please excuse the mess!

Here is a shot of the front of the room from the back...

Here is a full shot of the rack...
                                                                                    [QUOTE]

Nice setup! What size does your room have? Where is your rack located? I ask because I also plan a new music/home theater room in my house.

I am not sure if I should locate my rack in the front between the speakers or at the side wall....what is your experience?? Any tips or remarks for me out of your experience?? Thanks!!
                                                                                    "...Life is for living... with...Classe CDP502, SSP800, CA 5200, Toshiba HD-XE1, B&W 802D, HTM2D, 2xDS7, ASW825, Mitsubishi HC 6000...."

Comment

• kloepfr
                                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                                      • Feb 2008
                                                                                      • 23

#87
                                                                                      Originally posted by ShadowZA
                                                                                      Beautiful setup, RebelMan. ;x( ;x( ;x(

Excellent equipment layout too. I like the fact that your CA-M400's are 'protected' in a secure enclosure, yet they are visible (they are beautiful in appearance too, imho) and have enough space around them for heat dissipation.

Wishing you & your family many hours of musical (& movie) bliss. :T

Great setup Rebelman:-)

Do you experience any negative influence in having your Players and SSPs inbetween the speakers in front? High End experts often tell me not to locate my players in the front in between of center speaker and main speakers..

Thanks for your input!
                                                                                      "...Life is for living... with...Classe CDP502, SSP800, CA 5200, Toshiba HD-XE1, B&W 802D, HTM2D, 2xDS7, ASW825, Mitsubishi HC 6000...."

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                        • May 2006
                                                                                        • 3389

#88

Nice if only they supported the new codec out the gate!
                                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                          • Mar 2005
                                                                                          • 3139

#89
                                                                                          Originally posted by kloepfr

Do you experience any negative influence in having your Players and SSPs inbetween the speakers in front? High End experts often tell me not to locate my players in the front in between of center speaker and main speakers.
                                                                                          Thanks.

No interference in between the speakers whatsoever with the equipment. My front-end is flush with the wall which is atypical of most setups. There may be some minor reflections from the plasma display but that's the extend of it.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Oct 2006
                                                                                            • 1676

#90
                                                                                            Originally posted by kloepfr

Do you experience any negative influence in having your Players and SSPs inbetween the speakers in front? High End experts often tell me not to locate my players in the front in between of center speaker and main speakers..

Thanks for your input!
                                                                                            That's a question that I have regarding speaker placement and equipment racks in the center. B&W' specs for the 800 Series speakers:
                                                                                            Horizontal: over 60º arc
                                                                                            Vertical: over 10º arc

With a horizontal arc of "over 60%" why would there be any issue with having the equipment and TV racks in the center? There would be no interference, would there be?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"